Hotel Ruby
Doubletree.com
$109
$144
  • Pool
Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue(Spokane)(Great Value!)
$78
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn(Spokane)(Great Value!)
$95
$86
Agoda.com
The Madison Inn by Riversage(Spokane)(Great Value!)
$95
$90
All reviewssapphire loungeknitting factorygreat locationdowntown spokanelimited parkingmotor innoverflow parkingroom was cleanacross the streetboutique hotelwithin walking distancetrain trackswafflesfridge and microwavecontinental breakfastriverfront parkwould stay again
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We flew into Spokane to start a vacation and stayed at the Hotel Ruby, which we found on TA. I liked the reviews and the location, it's not near the airport, but we tend to like downtown areas and what a great downtown Spokane has--- we'd never been there but it’s great! Our room was spacious and very contemporary; our HGTV loving daughter would have called it artful. The beds were exceptionally comfortable for the price and the bathroom though dated had a good showerhead and plenty of hot water. Nice big flatscreen TV, fridge, microwave, hair dryer and coffee maker.

We also decided to book it a week later for the night before our flight out. We liked our room (212) and requested it again for the next booking, Sarah the desk clerk said she couldn't promise it but would try. When we got there for the second night she was on the desk again and had our requested room. She was exceptionally helpful and printed out our boarding passes for us. All the staff we met were very friendly. The rooms are clean and our room was quiet.

The only area that they did not excel was the lack of a computer for hotel guests and the wifi signal which been good in our room the first night wasn’t strong enough on the next stay, we had to walk down to the parking lot to get signal. If you want a space in the small lot--- arrive before 5--- we had a later flight into Spokane for our first stay and had to park away from the hotel. They do have free arrangements with nearby parking lots though.

We liked Spokane and we liked the Hotel Ruby.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We came back through Spokane for the second time and had no desire to stay anywhere else. Most of the renovations have finished, with the lobby further back but very nice and modern. Breakfast is held there and while there isn't anywhere to sit, the banana bread was really good.
The staff were really helpful, offering advice on the local area if we hadn't been there before. We had the same room as last time (funny coincidence) and we really enjoyed our night there. The bathroom isn't the most modern but it was still clean and very light.
You do hear occasional noise from the train behind the hotel and if there are loud trucks or motorbikes on the street. But if you want to stay somewhere that is great value for money, and consistently good, we recommend you stay here.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Victoriakm
Reviewed June 9, 2011

As a former hotelier, I appreciate the work they have done to renovate the Ruby. I think it is a great idea - take a formerly run down older motel and spruce it up with paint etc.

That being said, I think it would be good if they also slowly upgraded some of the bathrooms etc. I would stay here again and would recommend to others. Great place to stay in downtown Spokane.

Breakfast left a little to be desired - we were up early so did not get coffee - had to make it in the room. The food tied us over until we got somewhere to eat.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MIRIAM L
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I used to stay at this hotel when it was the Rodeway Inn, which was in a great location but the rooms were a bit outdated. When I needed to go back to Spokane for a wedding, I discovered that the Hotel Ruby had taken over so I looked them up on the internet and was pleased with their site. Boy, am I ever glad to did that! For value, location and price, the Hotel Ruby wins, hands down!

LOCATION: It's right in downtown within walking distance of everything in the downtown area.

ROOMS: The rooms are very well appointed (see my pictures.) The bed was one of the best I have ever slept in, and the pillows are fluffy/firm. I like to sleep with my head at a 45-degree angle and the pillows in the room allowed me to do this. The colors are contemporary. The rooms are spacious. The bathroom is basic - toilet, bathtub, sink. There is a coffee maker, mini-fridge, and a closet with iron, ironing board and luggage rack. It has everything you could need for a basic stay at a good price. It also had a nice large (42"?) TV with several channels.

WI-FI: They offer free Wi-Fi, but I had a difficult time getting a good signal.

SERVICE: Front Desk staff was very pleasant - kudos to them for being so friendly. There was a hand-written note from housekeeping in my room welcoming me to the Hotel Ruby. While not a necessary amenity, I was impressed - it was almost a letter. Nice touch. Room was clean and well prepared.

FREE BREAKFAST: Although continental-style breakfast is available, I didn't take advantage of it.

PROS: Location, price, service.
CONS: No elevators, parking can be an issue, and rooms close to 1st Street may hear some jolly shouts from the patrons coming out of the nightclub next door.

I am looking forward to my next stay at Hotel Ruby!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a low floor away from 1st Street
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank PierreLaCroix
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I was surprised to see the negative reviews, so I read them and found that I've been quite lucky -- I've never had a stinky room at The Ruby. I've never run into a cigarette cloud in the lobby. I've never run out of toilet paper at The Ruby. The rooms were clean, the TP abundant, and the staff has always been quite helpful and cheery. If you are looking for a quite place, you can't expect that when you're in the middle of everything like the Ruby is, but the noise never bothered me. I slept well and the beds were as comfortable as they were last year.

This was only my second stay, but if I could, I'd live at the Ruby! The beds are comfortable and the water pressure is good and the water is hot. The hot & cold on the shower is backwards, just like at my parent's house. I do think I paid less last time, but the rate was still economical. Plus, you can't put a price on the staff's friendliness -- they really made me feel like I was someone important -- incognito actor, famous rock star, suave stranger with magical abilities, 007.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo