“never again”

Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
A TripAdvisor Member
“never again”
Reviewed February 5, 2006

me and my boyfriend and my 3 children had to stay there in between moving into our house. they lied about rates, would say one price then when we went to pay for the wk it was a different amount. the free local calls, after being here a wk and half, i was told that i had to pay for click to get a outside line. i made sure to ask if i use aol's local number would i be charged anything else. he said no as long as the dial up number was local and i made sure it was. also when i asked for fresh towels after they only gave me 3, they said not to ask for fresh ones every day. geee let me see 3 towels ( small ones at that) for 5 people. and only one person could get a 5 to 10 min shower befor ya ran out of hot water. also the sink leaks all the time so does the shower. only good thing was the pressure from the shower. i had calls come in and he was sayin to the person who called oh u from LA u lookin for chris, what does it matter who he is lookin for. it is not any of there business who calls here. just put the call threw. and if u leave the heat on a modest temp and leave the room so they can clean, they know u r coming right back in, why turn off the heat. lil things that all add up. i will pay a lil more to stay at a better place next time.

• Stayed January 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Korean first
Billings
Reviewed June 5, 2005

We stayed at this hotel for a couple reasons: we were traveling with a dog and they accept pets, the hotel is right off the Interstate so access is easy, and finally the price was right. The positives include: a fairly clean room, hotel was easy to find, there's a night club and restaurant so room service is available, staff was very friendly and polite. We did take advantage of the room service and order food to our room. The food arrived quickly and was very good. We got a lot of dinner for the money. The staff who delivered our meal was very nice and pleasant. The negatives include: the furnishings in the room was very out-dated. Old curtains, bathroom fixtures, bedding, etc. While the room was pretty clean, the hallways were very dirty. Carpeting very stained and needs replaced. It was also very noisy here. There is partying happening - maybe because of the nightclub on the premises but we were on the third floor and had drunks roaming the halls after midnight yelling at each other and slamming doors. We requested a room near an exit (because of the dog) and got a third floor room near an emergency fire escape exit. We took the dog for a walk and realized we were in a questionable area of town - near homeless shelters and folks sleeping in the lot behind the hotel. They do have a free continential breakfast which was good and included cereal, coffee and juice, toast, and muffins. I would not stay here again because of the noise and the place could use a good cleaning and some updating.

2 Thank boilly
, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, July 13, 2006
Property newly purchased and multi-million dollar renovation just completed - upgraded from Budget Inn to Quality Inn - Downtown Medical Center. New furniture, new fixtures and amenities, new attitude. Please note renovation completed in June 2006, comments prior referred to the old property and owners. Thank you for letting us show you true hospitality.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 16, 2004

I made a reservation ahead of time and checked in very early in the morning. I was exhausted and made only one request of the night manager: That she place me in a room as close to the lobby as possible. She said she would "do her best." When she handed me my room key, she didn't say anything about its location. Then I discovered that, not only was I not in a room close to the lobby, but I was in the VERY LAST ROOM at the end of the long, long corridor ... as far away from the lobby as she could put me without actually making me sleep in the parking lot on the next block. The kicker is that the hotel was very obviously not full. I double checked the next morning and the desk clerk affirmed that they were "not at all full" the previous night. When I told her what had happened with my room placement, she looked embarrassed and said, "Well, maybe there wasn't a room available that was closer."
As for the room itself, it was supposed to be a nonsmoking room, but it reeked of cigarette smoke, including the linens and pillows. The bathtub and sink wouldn't drain properly and the heating system clanked and clattered so much I had to turn the heat all the way off. The only thing positive to say about it was that I only had to stay there for 8 hours and the bed wasn't uncomfortable.
I'll gladly pay a few dollars more for lodging in which the help doesn't behave rudely and spitefully and I don't have to smell like an ashtray when I check out.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Spokane, WA
Reviewed November 14, 2004

My stay at the Budget Inn was great. The location is great, just adjacent to downtown, the staff is 4 star friendly, always willing to go the extra mile to make me happy, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Obviously, it's no comparison to the Davenport, but for the money, it's the best deal in town. No complaints. :)

1 Thank BradBoyd23
United States
Reviewed August 25, 2004

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place...we tried to get a room there on the way through Spokane recently (because we had no reservation anywhere else- we were not planning on stopping over in Spokane- until our plans changed at the last minute and this hotel is just off the freeway...) and when we were trying to check-in, the hotel clerk was on the phone gabbing and once she finally got off the phone after ignoring us for several minutes...she proceeded to check us in (complaining the whole time about the long shift she had had that day)at this time she proceeded to warn us about not leaving anything by the pool because it might get stolen and also there was only one unlocked door into the hotel- ever since they caught the "serial hooker killer " there recently!!! Needless to say by this time- I was feeling very sick about the prospect of staying here...to make a long story short- after checking out the room and seeing how filthy the carpets were along with everything else...( who knows if the corners had EVER seen a vacuum) we went back out and checked out and went to another hotel!

3 Thank Lovesthebeachlife
gig harbor, wa
Reviewed August 8, 2004

Take my advice, spend a few extra dollars and book a room at a CLEAN motel. The carpets throughout the hotel were filthy, one of the elevators smelled of urine, our bathroom was not clean, a thick layer of dust throughout the room, windows had not been washed in years. Want to hear more? How about the rudest employees I've ever dealt with, a "heated pool" that was all of 70 degrees, a "Continental Breakfast" to laugh at, with an employee who surely was paying for the food himself as he was extremely hesitant to refill empty trays. Towels you could see through, beds that slumped toward the middle. And for $5.00 more I could have stayed at a 4 star Shiloh Inn! Live and learn.

9 Thank harborcarpet