“Great Quality at the Quality Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue

You added Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue to your Saves list
Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 East Fourth Avenue, I90 Exit 281, Spokane, WA 99202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Calgary, Canada
“Great Quality at the Quality Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We booked this hotel via price line and were pleasantly pleased!!
Great location with easy access to everything.
Wonderful staff (exceptional housekeeping....shout out to Cindy and Paige).
Krista & Josephine as well!!
Front Desk staff ( Amber & Jessica) great!!
An amazing free breakfast comes with the room....cookies too!

Book it ...you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: We faced the back of the building ...room 408. No noise at all.
1 Thank D M
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear D M

Thanks D M what a great review! I will definitely pass on your kind words to all the staff members that you brought up in the review. They are all hard workers and value our customers. We also wanted to "thank you" for being so observant throughout your stay, and trying out several of our amenities. We will be looking forward to seeing you next time you are in Spokane. We will set you aside some fresh baked cookies!!

Christine and Quality Inn Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Fullerton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Upon arriving at the hotel I requested their advertised shuttle service to the airport for my 6:43 am departure. I was quickly informed that they could not provide transportation because their shuttle only runs from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. When I explained to them that this was the main reason I selected their hotel, they only apologized, said their was nothing they could do, and offered to call me a taxi (at my expense off course). When I questioned the manager why it was not stated on their website that shuttle service was only available between the hours of 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, she only responded that there was nothing she could do, but she would bring it to the attention of the owners. This is an obvious case of misrepresenting their services. Hotels.Com tried to intercede on my behalf but received the same response that I was given. The Hotels.Com representative agreed with me that the hotel's website gave viewers no indication that shuttle service was limited in any way. She, also, offered to send a voucher towards my next booking to make up for my inconvenience, so, kudos to Hotels.com (Although, it is a shame that they are having to make up for "Quality" Inn's misinformation and lack of customer care!)! I know I will never stay a Quality Inn again.

• 1 of 5 stars
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our property during your stay in our area. We are very sorry for your experience with our Shuttle schedule and any inconvenience it may have caused you.I personally took a look at Hotels.com and did notice that is states that we have a complimentary shuttle to the airport (upon request) . I am sorry for misunderstand there was and we are working on getting the wording changed so there will not be anymore confusion. I would love to talk to you further and see what I can do to rectify the situation. We hope that you give us another opportunity to provide the experience you expect the next time you are in the area.

Thank You and hope to hear from you soon,

Christine
509-838-6101
Butte, Montana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

When we got to the hotel we were told they had us in a room with a queen bed. I asked if I could either have 2 queen beds or one king due to a disability and they said that they couldn't help me and told me to call priceline customer service. When I did call priceline the gentleman on the phone was very nice and put me on hold. I waited over 10 min, my fiancee went to the counter to see what was going on and overheard the staff arguing with the gentleman from priceline as they were not willing to accommodate us. Finally after speaking with their manager they said they can give us a room with 2 queen beds. It was a big hassle and inconvenience.
Also a gentleman and his wife checking in next to us was from Moscow Idaho and they said because he doesn't live farther than 100 miles away they have to put a $200.00 hold on his credit card for any incidentals but we came from 500 miles away and they said because its farther than 100 miles there is no deposit which didn't make any sense to us and that gentleman next to us was really upset.
We called their Q Cafe 4 times around 8pm as we needed a glass of milk due to my severe acid reflux and got no answer. Then we went downstairs and asked the lady from the cafe for a glass of milk since we knew they had it because they serve breakfast and she said she can't help us and that we should buy the milk out of their vending machines. When we finally found a vending machine that had milk they had one little container left so we ended up having to go to the gas station anyhow for milk.
While our room was comfortable we were definitely not satisfied with their service. It has much to be desired.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I ended up at this property via a Priceline "Express Deal" for only 56 bucks plus 12 in taxes. It was listed as a 3 Star property with good reviews.
I would say this is a 2.5 star property, but all in all it was a great value for the price paid. Plenty of parking, internet, breakfast free. Friendly check-in. Drawbacks: North facing room had significant highway noise (was able to turn on the AC fan to drown it out) and smelled very slightly of musty smoke.

Room Tip: Request a room on the south side of the building to avoid highway noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank tailstrike
TailStrike,

Thank you for taking your time to make a review. I appreciate the kind words and also the suggestions. I will take a look at the room and get the smoky smell out. Being a 100% non-smoking hotel we sure want to keep it that way.

Thanks again for your review and hope to see you need time you are in town.

Christine and Quality Inn Staff.
Falls Church
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were traveling cross country, saw a coupon and stopped at this very convenient spot. What a friendly accommodating hotel. Everyone was great, the room perfect for us weary travelers, and there were lots of extras that we didn't use. I would highly recommend it to other travelers.

• 5 of 5 stars
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Nancy0370,

I want to thank you for staying with us on your travels. Our hotel does already have great value on our rooms already and it was great that you had a coupon to get you an extra discount. We hope to see you next time you are in Spokane and have more time to enjoy our many amenities.

Thanks Again,

Moscow, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times. Excellent location near medical services, nice complementary hot breakfast, clean rooms, friendly staff. On our most recent stay, we were asked at checking to sign an acknowledgement that said a $250 pending transaction would be charged to our credit card. We were told that the hotel owner required that any guest living within 100 miles of Spokane was required to deposit. The hotel held that amount of credit on the credit card against which they could charge for incidentals, damage, and items stolen from the room. I guess only people who live within 100 miles of the hotel steal towels etc. The hold of that amount on the credit card would be released when we checked as long as everything was okay. The bank processing to release the hold could take 7 days or more. This could become a problem if your credit card is close to the spending limit.

We are a quiet retired couple and found this policy an affront and excessive. The security credit hold was almost 4 times the cost of 1 nights stay. The quality of the hotel is not great enough to overcome our distaste of this policy. We won't stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Robb P
princessproperties, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Robb P ,
We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide a unique experience to all our guests. I apologize that you had some issues upon checkin as a policy we do take a $250.00 deposit on all cash payers. I would love to talk to you personally on any of our policy here. You can call me at 509-838-6101. Thank you again for staying with us and I am looking forward to speaking with you.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great motel. Clean, good value and well-located. Hector was especially helpful and he went out of his way to ensure our Spokane experience was memorable.

Only "issues" were caused by one desk clerk - Yovani. She repeatedly gave use wrong information which brought us unnecessary grief:

- Wrong rate on check-in; manager had to fix this.
- Wrong internet instructions; manager had to fix this.
- Wrong phone number to reach front desk; manager had to fix this.

We learned to avoid Yovana and work with the Manager, Christine, who was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear EarlFlorida,

Thank you for sending in your review!!! I will pass along your kind words to Hector he is a great employee and I am sure he would appreciate the thought. We do appreciate each and every review as they do help us know what the guests would like us to improve on and how we do take excellent care of our guest. I do apologize again that you received wrong information but I was glad I could straighten it out and help. We did do some extra training with the front desk clerk so she will have the right information in the future. You were great guest to work with and I hope to see you again.