“It does the job.”

Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Kelowna, Canada
“It does the job.”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed at the Quality Inn downtown 4th ave in Spokane for 4 nights in July. The staff were friendly and check-in was smooth. The room was typical, a bit dated in decor, but it worked. We got a room with two queen beds after being told to do so from someone we knew who stayed there recently. All of the rooms with king-size beds are on the side by the freeway so if noise is an issue for you, get a room with two queens! Also, the elevator in the hotel is probably the slowest I have ever seen, and watch your step around the ice machines. They shoot ice onto the floor even when aren't using it.

At 8pm and at 8am, we could hear banging and scraping sounds. it turns out they were renovating the rooms directly above ours. So we went to the front desk and asked to have our room moved. They said they were able to move us to the other end of the hotel but when we came back to re-check-in we found out they were going to move us right above the renovations instead.

I decided I didn't want that room but they told me that was all they could do, so I made reservations at another resort and told them I wanted to check out. Right away they did an about face and found a room on the 5th floor away from the renovations and had it cleaned up in half an hour and ready to go. Kudos for that because I was ready to hit the road.

Speaking of road, they were also resurfacing the entire parking lot while we were there, so you couldn't park in half the lot for most of our stay.

Perhaps all these renovations just are bad luck and bad timing on our part. It is good to see they are taking care of maintenance at least!

Apart from that, the breakfast here is top notch. Probably the best free breakfast I had at any hotel in the area. Pancakes, sausages, scrambled eggs, coffee, cereal, toast, muffins, English muffins, fruit, yogurt... it was all there!

The outdoor pool looked nice, but we never got into it. It was often busy and full of kids so I didn't feel like relaxing around it. We also didn't try out the pub. We did eat at the restaurant the first night we were there and had the pizza. I wasn't expecting much but the pizza was really good! Not too thin, lots of toppings and a good size. We also had a $2 off a pizza coupon in our room.

So I would say the hotel got the job done though it was kind of dated, and cost more than other hotels in the area which I found nicer (with the exception of the breakfast)

PS: If you are on the second floor, you may notice a musty smell. They leave the fitness room door open and the area near the elevator smells like a gym locker. They should really leave the door closed...

Room Tip: If you want to be away from the freeway, book a room with two queen beds.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
Calgary
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed here July 31st for one night on our way to Portland and stayed in room #203. The room was a little bit dated, the shower had no pressure and the shower curtains smelt like B.O. This stuff isn't that big of a deal considering the price we payed for the room.

However, after a long drive from Canada we decided to try and take a nap after checking in. This was impossible to do as a room was located right next to the weight/workout room. As soon, as someone started running on the tread mill all we could heard was thumping and are whole floor began to shake. The closet was vibrating and made the most annoying vibrating sound that made sleep impossible. This continued off and on all night. The most annoying thing was it started all over again at 7 a.m. as some early riser decided to go for a run before breakfast!! So needless to say we got no sleeo due to our unwanted wake up call and were unable to get back to sleep. We mentioned this as we checked out in the morning only for the front desk stuff to be unempathetic and shrug it off as no big deal. WILL NOT BE BACK!!! and recommend others to look for other hotels in the area or avoid room# 203 at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Thank RISEAGAINST81
Aurora, CO
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Good rate and good location (on a map). Unfortunately, the rest of the Spokane is on the other side of I-90 so if you're hoping to walk somewhere for dinner - forget it. The restaurant is about what you'd expect. Nothing great, but not terrible.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed July 27, 2011

As many of at this time, I made a reservation at the best deal hotel I could find. That hotel was the Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue in Spokane,Wa. .It has turned out to be one of my FAR BETTER experiances at a hotel. When I arrived I was greeted in a courteous and welcoming manner, by Brandon. So not only did Brandon have me on my way to my room fast and with a smile. But he took the time to call and MAKE SURE that all was to my liking. Now let me tell you folks, that's that kind of treatment you recieve from $600+ rooms ( in my personal experiance ). Needless to say I soooo would recomend this hotel ! ! . . . . . . And OK if I have to point out a not so good thing it would be the elevator. No dings as you go up or down, ended getting of on the wrong floor a couple of times lol.

Room Tip: If your in spokane for a hospital visit call !. If your a non smoker stay off the 6th floor.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Lynnwood, Washington
Reviewed July 26, 2011

King Bed, Non-Smoking, Flat Screen TV, Breakfast Buffet, and a Clean Pool. This isn't a place of elegance but it was all that is needed for a place to sleep. If you are looking for an experience and plan to be in your hotel for an extended period of time I would recommend the Davenport (at more than about twice the price). You can tell they are really trying as we were called twice by the front desk to see if our room met our standards and was going to work out alright. Didn't really appreciate the 9 am house keeping knock on the door after being out after a wedding until 2 am, but that was the only real issue I had with our two day stay. Would stay again if all we needed was a place to sleep at night in Spokane, very close to downtown, we walked home from the bars both nights.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed one night here and were quite pleased with the overall experience. For the price we paid with our AAA membership we were more than happy especially when we found out that it included breakfast! Having a little fridge was a nice added bonus too. The only downside to this property is the noise from the highway which is not more than 200m way from the rooms on the frontside of the hotel. In room AC units masked the sound very well though.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Given the past reviews concerning safety of valuables, I opted to take all of mine with me down to do laundry just now which is badly needed...Lo and behold only one washer and dryer, both in use. And my dresses need time to air dry before driving again tomorrow.

Second, back to safety of items, if you want to stay with your laundry, there is no chair down there to wait for it?? I have one set of pj's that also need washing and theres just no way i'll leave my laundry alone--and this means I'd have to stand for an hour in there...waiting...

Other than that, the front desk staff are very friendly, accommodating, bed is comfortable enough, the highway traffic is noisy. I'm hoping it'll be warm enough to need the a/c tonight to drown that noise out.

I could see where this room would be crowded with more than one person but it's just me so I'm great here.

Having no chair in the laundry room really annoyed me, and having no jacuzzi yet having a pool is what gave the 3 bubbles. I'm hoping I have no problems with the previous complaints regarding restaurant, bed bugs, or stolen valuables.

One last thing...without knocking, maintenance tried coming into room shortly after to change a/c filter, but he apologized. Just glad I wasn't undressing.

Peace,