“Great Location”

The Davenport Lusso, Autograph Collection
Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Charming boutique hotel with great beds. In fact the Hotel chain (Davenport) is so proud of their amenities, there is a home store in the Davenport across the street which sells everything from their custom beds to their soaps and creams.

Room Tip: go for the upgrade and ask for the jacuzzi tub
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel does not disappoint, very quiet, well located in the middle of the Spokane Theatre district, great restaurants and pubs. The Davenport is well worth a visit too and is only a block away. My only complaint would be the bed, it was very soft and wasn't the best for my back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

For anyone venturing to Spokane, the Hotel Lusso is worth a try. My wife and I were in town for a concert at the Bing Crosby Theater, and since the Lusso was only a block away from the theater, I thought I would give it a try. I wasn't disappointed. The staff were very friendly and the deluxe king room we had was spacious, clean, and had all the amenities of an upscale hotel. One of the things I like about the hotel is that it is smaller making it, at least for me, more personable. It is a sister hotel to the much larger Davenport, which is directly across the street, but it has its own identify. As the name might suggest, the hotel has a European ambiance. The best thing about the Lusso is its location. It is situated in the heart of historic downtown Spokane. Riverfront Park is only three blocks away and there is shopping and plenty of restaurants withing walking distance. I recommend the Post Street Ale House, which is connected to the hotel, as a great place to have a drink or grab a quick bite to eat. Overall, I really liked the Lusso, and the next time I'm in Spokane, I will probably stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hotel Lusso is part of the Davenport Hotel "family" across the street but it has its own identity. Upon entering there's a classic European feel to it with lots of wood and elegant furnishings in the lobby, and a smallness that contrasts with Davenport's largeness. Only one elevator for the guests was not much of a problem. The room was very nice and clean and comfortable, but the furniture was minimal: one desk, one chair, and one queen bed. We asked for another chair to be delivered, the front desk said it would make a request, but the extra chair never arrived. Lighting in the room was a bit low, only one floor lamp and two bedside lamps. Large spacious bathroom but not much counter space. We got a good price, so we accepted these few shortcomings. A good hotel for a short visit (we stayed 5 nights) in which we only used the room to sleep in. Good extras included two newspapers every morning, and free Starbucks coffee and coffee cake in the lobby. It was good but not great.

Room Tip: If you don't need it, make sure you don't get the handicap room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This little hotel was a lovely way to end a week's vacation of 10 hours days photographing Washington, Montana and Canada. Good value, clean, awesome comfy bed. We arrived Sunday evening after 6 pm and it was very quiet. Staff was attentive at check-in and check-out--no complaints. We went across the street to have dinner at the Davenport Palm Court. The meal was expensive but we felt it was "the price of admission" to enjoy a very spectacular ambiance rarely found anywhere with marble flowers, fresh flowers you could smell across the room, and architecture to drop-your-jaw. Next time, I will listen more closely when the hotel staff recommends having appetizers-- small plates would have been more satisfying--but read the small print on the lobby table by the elevators--there is a set-price menu offered at the various hotel Davenport restaurants--at varying times--aka early bird-- that might have proven a nice value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

the hotel was nice, the room clean and had a big bathroom. It was the treatment on arrival that set the mood. We drove up in line, with the other customers checking in,,watched while they (and the doorman) unloaded and took their luggage to the rooms. After they were done the driver returned to move his vehicle. We moved a little closer to the door, while I went inside to register, my husband began to unload our luggage while the doorman just stood there and ignored us. Ok no problem, between my husband and myself, we manage to get everything in one load. While entering the building (with our arms full) the door man said,"hey, stop, you can't just park here." We explained we just wanted to take our luggage to our room and then be right back . He walked up to us and said, "then I want your key". We had not noticed him taking anyone else's vehicle key. Maybe it was because we were riding a motorcycle, I don't know!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very nice and modern hotel in downtown Spokane while we were "just passing through". It is a sister property of the Davenport Hotel (and right across the street). Easy walk to Riverfront Park. Good coffee cake in the morning!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple