“Relaxing...”

Ranked #41 of 898 Restaurants in Spokane
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The place is relaxing, has a great bakery area. The service is good. I wasn't impressed with the food. The prices I thought were higher than average

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Having seen this place featured on Food Network's "Triple D", we stopped here on our way to Idaho for a long weekend. We were a little disappointed at the setup-- you are led to a table, given a menu and then directed to the cashier to place, and pay for, your order in advance. After eating your meal, if you should decide that you want dessert, for example, you need to return to the cashier and repeat the process.
I ordered the lamb burger, which was delivered with undercooked "caramelized" onions and too much Tzatziki sauce that necessitated eating it with a knife and fork. Neither my wife nor I can even remember what she ate, which would indicate that it was nothing out of the ordinary. Order a Diet Coke?--you get it in a can, right out of the refrigerator. All in all, nothing great, been there, done that.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

First time at Chaps and it won't be my last. Service (look at menu at table, order and pay at cash register, food brought to table) is efficient and fast. I had their signature salad and it was excellent. My husband, the world's pickiest eater, got his burger just the way he ordered it and with delicious grilled red potatoes. Finished with a chocolate chip cookie that may be the best I ever ate. How do they make it luscious and light at the same time?

Reviewed August 21, 2013

LOVED this place (with only two exceptions). You have to stand in line to order your food, pay and tip. Then be seated by a waitress. Very awkward and weird. There were at least two waitresses attending to the outside dining. Not sure why they can't take your order. They do follow up, bring beverages and clear plates. Also, not all items on the menu include descriptions. I felt bad asking a lot of questions about what is included, how the food is made, etc, while others waited on line behind me. On the positive side, the place is really cute and the outside dining is really nice. Food was excellent. Prices were very reasonable. Four meals only $48, including tax, not including tip. All four plates were delicious. Dessert is also delicious and reasonably priced. The staff were very friendly and always smiling.

1  Thank luvcamping1234
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Saw the triple D episode about the place some years ago and finally decided to try it. We were not disappointed. The good was excellent and reasonably priced. Unique atmosphere. Rooms from a house converted to dining areas made it feel homey. Our server was very pleasant and attentive. They have a nice wine list and the wines were not over priced. I had the stuffed pork chop which was excellent. My wife's chicken was also very good. They offer a side of macaroni and cheese which is very good as well. We would definitely return for dinner here again. During nice weather they offer outside seating which is also very nice.