“changed a little”

Ranked #49 of 926 Restaurants in Spokane
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The place has gotten much bigger since we visited 4 years ago. We had to order at the desk instead of sitting down first. It made us a little uncomfortable and took us a while because of our diets. The guy who took our order seemed flustered. Our food was good and was able to be modified to be gluten free. They have odd hours so check before making the trip.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Best biscuits and gravy and baked goods. The first time we ate breakfast here it was so busy it was hard to enjoy. There was no crowd on Friday morning, so we had time to enjoy the place and sample the baked goods. The maple scone was one of the best treats ever. The lemon cake was also fresh and lemony. We were treated like we were family. I've never been here for anything but breakfast, but I can tell you they nailed it. Be sure to check their hours before you go.

1  Thank DebOnVacay
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I last reviewed Chaps about a year ago. I had visited for dinner and found it to be a fun place with average food. We went again last weekend, this time for lunch, and I was very disappointed.

The food was bad. I had the bacon and tomato sandwich. There was about a half pound of bacon on it and semi-ripe tomatoes. It was very salty and the bacon was over-cooked - hard and dried out (not 'crispy'). The green salad was good. My wife had the vegetable omelette and found it rubbery with unidentifiable vegetables. She observantly said they try to disguise poor quality with excessive quantity.

What was a surprise was the almost undrinkable water! The first glass was so soda-chemically tasting that we sent it away. We were told their 'water softener sometimes acted up and threw a lot of soda into the water'. The next glass was only slightly better and the taste didn't leave my mouth throughout the meal. My wife ordered coffee and wasn't told it was self-serve. She requested it twice and both times was assured it would be there in a minute - she was never told it was self-serve but eventually figured it out by watching other customers.

We were placed in the open area which was very loud and cafeteria like.

4  Thank Redtrail
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I am fortunate enough to have family in Spokane who took us to Chaps. I love the way they decorated. It has a very trendy, eclectic decor, shabby decor. You can eat inside or out - we have done both. My daughter recommended the baked oatmeal so I tried it. It is the best oatmeal I have ever had. It is not for dieters - they bake it with cream. It comes with fruit too. It is yummy. Their breakfasts are just huge so bring your appetite. We went with a large family crowd the second time we visited. We all ordered different breakfast choices and shared. The pancakes and omlets were especially tasty. The place seems very kid friendly. The service was very good both times we visited. Their bakery features all kinds of tasty looking calorie filled treats. Still haven't tried any yet cause breakfast is so filling. Maybe next time!

1  Thank Chibi1956
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Alot of love and inspiration went into the design of Chaps restaurant, I couldn't take my eyes off of the light fixtures! Farm fresh ingredients, and flavorful dishes don't come in second, but they tie for first place. The heavenly smells from the bakery tempted me to the point of distraction, but I maintained my composure and left without even a sugar laden morsel. The only down side to my experience was the uncomfortable chair I sat in, and the homemade fish taco broke apart easily. I am coming back for the highly praised breakfasts I have read about!

1  Thank gourmetfoodgroupie

Been to Chaps Restaurant? Share your experiences!