“Good beer; fair food”

Dining options: Late Night
Vancouver, Washington
“Good beer; fair food”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is a very convenient restaurant if you are staying at the Davenport, Davenport Tower, the Lusso, or elsewhere in that area. There is a good selection of beers; if you can't find one you like, you're just not trying hard enough. The food is average pub quality.

Have you ever had a server who seemed distracted or too busy to smile and engage with you? I can't judge all the staff based on one guy, but we did get that guy. I like to think a server is just having an off day when that happens; I'll go back again next year and see how it goes.

Give this place a try.

• Visited September 2013
FrontOfficeDirector, Manager at Post Street Ale House, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
We appreciate you sharing feedback regarding the service you received during your latest visit. This information has been passed on to the General Manager ~ this feedback will help to train others and to ensure that this type of service is not repeated. Also, thank you for your kind comments regarding our beer selection. We are happy to hear that you will be returning, and will look forward to having you as a guest in the very near future.

East Wenatchee, Washington
“Nice selection”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very diverse selection of beer, ales, and stout. Food was average but went well with the brews. This is off the lobby of the hotel Lusso so it is convenient as a meeting place.

Visited September 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Unrealized Potential”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

As I walked in, I thought that this place looks perfect. I sat at the bar and found that there must be some sort of problem, as the service was lacking. In addition, the smells were unappetizing, leaving me with a desire to leave as soon as I finished my meal...

• Visited September 2013
FrontOfficeDirector, Manager at Post Street Ale House, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent visit. This is surprising to hear, as service is typically over the top, and much of the aroma is from the food that has received high ratings. Regardless, this is something we need to look into. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and will be monitoring this on a continual basis.

Park City, Utah
“Unlimited Potential”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This place has almost everything: Great location, ambience, and beer and food selection. However, it seems to suffer from poor management. While three of my friends and I were there, we experienced poor service, and discourteous employees. Our initial contact (hugely important) consisted of the tall red headed male bartender throwing coasters at us like he was an understudy in "Cocktail". The second bartender, however (a young Asian man) was very courteous and attentive. While we had 30 minutes left until closing, the manager began arbitrarily inventorying the liquor supply along with the initial bartender, leaving customers to sit with empty glasses. This costs the bar revenue simply because the employees were ready to leave apparently. Attention GM or owner: Drop by in the evening and see what happens. You've got a great place that is being hurt by management and inattentiveness. Don't settle.

• Visited September 2013
FrontOfficeDirector, Manager at Post Street Ale House, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing this feedback. We must apologize for the lack of attentiveness of our staff. This is something that will be addressed this afternoon. Again, thank you for the kind words regarding our establishment, and for the constructive feedback ~ it is very much appreciated.

Mountlake Terrace, Washington
“Been here a few times”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have enjoyed each time I have gone here but last time we got poor service. Waited at least 10 minutes to order then 15 minutes after we were done eating to get the check. The food is really good and I have never had a problem before their but it must have been an off night.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Post Street Ale House? Share your experiences!