“Superb Food & Interesting Menu”
Review of Italia Trattoria

Italia Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Italia Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 891 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In July of 2010, Chef Anna Vogel and Operations Manager Bethe Bowman opened Italia Trattoria, a lively, regionally inspired Italian restaurant in historic Browne’s Addition just west of downtown Spokane. Chef Anna’s commitment to cooking seasonally with the finest local produce and artisan products available from Italy and the Pacific Northwest has differentiated Italia Trattoria from any other restaurant in Spokane. The menu has an eclectic mix of house made pastas, meats and fresh fish, salads and soups, and breakfast dishes on weekends. Our menu changes seasonally while offering some of our house favorite dishes year around. The menu is complimented by a well-received wine list with a primary focus on Italian producers and some local Northwest wines. We offer a full service bar with hand crafted martinis, barrel aged cocktails, fresh squeezed juices, and the best espresso in town. Whether you are in the mood for our grilled rack of wild boar with sweet potato gnocchi, a house made squid ink fettuccine with spicy wild shrimp, our charred octopus salad, the best meatballs in town, or our city wide famous zeppole doughnuts or tiramisu, come dine with us.
New Denver BC
“Superb Food & Interesting Menu”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My partner and I were in Spokane recently for a much needed escape and chose this restaurant based on the reviews on tripadvisor. We're romantics at heart and enjoy interesting, well presented and of course, tasty, meals accompanied by a great bottle of wine. Great service and attention from staff is always an added bonus. We found all of it and more at this gem in the downtown area of Spokane. The food was excellent, very flavorful and beautifully presented; we savored every mouthfullof the flap steak and boar that we ordered....yes, boar!!! A new taste for the palate, tender and juicy and smothered in a creamy gorgonzola gravy and flap steak.....as our server explained, from the side of the beef melted in your mouth. But it doesn't stop at there; carmelized brussels sprouts and buttery kale.....yum! Sufficiently sated we forced ourselves to indulge in the tiramisu and were very glad we found the space! One of the owners came out to chat with us and shared her story of how she and her partner came to be in Spokane. We were so impressed we invited them to come to the West Kootenays in B.C. where we live to visit! We'll absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone heading to Spokane. Really, what a find, we can't wait to try everything else on their unique and exotic menu!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank RobShelley54

Carson City, Nevada
“Good Food-Not Strictly Italian”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Located in an older area of Spokane. The menu is limited but covers just about everyones taste. The ingredients are very fresh and obtained from local sources. The quality of the food is far above average with prices that are very fair. The service was impeccable. Very nice wine list and full bar.

• Visited September 2012
Houston, TX
“It was rather serendipitous that...”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

It was rather serendipitous that we found this restaurant. During our visit to Spokane, we stopped for a local wine tasting that ended up being better than expected. While there, the Director of Sales for Caterina Winery, Steve Busby suggested this as one of his favorites local restaurants. He even went to the trouble of calling for us to make a reservation. We were not disappointed. The restaurant had a nice neighborhood feel and that impression was borne out by the familiarity between the staff and many of the patrons. All six of us in our party tried different entrées and found them all to be delicious. My Pork Ribeye Steak was extremely tender and the balsamic peaches added to the taste without overwhelming the meat. Definitely one of the top pork dishes I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy. Unlike some of the other reviews, our service experience was exceptional. However, we did choose to savor the flavors of the chef as opposed to wanting to modify his recipes. A wonderful dining experience.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank johnnysfun
Helena, Montana
“Dinner at Italia”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The spaghetti was excellent! Loved the way the whole place was open to the outdoors. We ate on the patio, but the inside had large garage style doors/windows that were open, given an outside feel inside as well.

Visited August 2012
Spokane, Washington
“Bad service, bad food, snobby chef.”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was so excited to try this place out because I heard they had gluten-free paninis. How horribly dissapointed I was when I was told that I could not add anything to my sandwich (onions, seriously?!) and when my food arrived the "panini" was presented on a chewy hamburger bun that I still had to pay extra for. Furthermore, I found a foreign non-food item in my soup, and had to wait a long time before my replacement side salad was brought to the table. No one apologized or offered compensation. By the end of the experience I felt sorry for the owners, knowing that that type of service will cause them to go under.

• Visited July 2012