“Fried eggs for brunch”
Review of Italia Trattoria

Italia Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Italia Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 898 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In July of 2010, Chef Anna Vogel and Operations Manager Bethe Bowman opened Italia Trattoria, a lively, regionally inspired Italian restaurant in historic Browne’s Addition just west of downtown Spokane. Chef Anna’s commitment to cooking seasonally with the finest local produce and artisan products available from Italy and the Pacific Northwest has differentiated Italia Trattoria from any other restaurant in Spokane. The menu has an eclectic mix of house made pastas, meats and fresh fish, salads and soups, and breakfast dishes on weekends. Our menu changes seasonally while offering some of our house favorite dishes year around. The menu is complimented by a well-received wine list with a primary focus on Italian producers and some local Northwest wines. We offer a full service bar with hand crafted martinis, barrel aged cocktails, fresh squeezed juices, and the best espresso in town. Whether you are in the mood for our grilled rack of wild boar with sweet potato gnocchi, a house made squid ink fettuccine with spicy wild shrimp, our charred octopus salad, the best meatballs in town, or our city wide famous zeppole doughnuts or tiramisu, come dine with us.
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

The Farmers breakfast was a gamble, as soft fried eggs are a true test of the kitchens attention to detail. The other two dishes ordered at our table; eggs Florentine and salmon pasta dish were delivered perfectly.

1  Thank HomeSweetOmaha

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had a Sunday breakfast here which was wonderful. My husband had the strawberry french toast which he drooled over and I had eggs and bacon - yummy! Located in a quaint historic neighborhood, it has a small but friendly atmosphere with many local customers. Our waiter was fantastic - we will be coming here again during our next trip to Spokane!

1  Thank HCM77
Reviewed June 24, 2012

...but totally worth the visit! I can't wait to come back to Spokane just to eat here again! The atmosphere is interesting. During the day it looks like an old garage, but in the evening, it is magically transformed with dark lighting and candles. The waitress was extremely helpful and friendly, and as one of the owners walked around lighting candles, she stopped to chat. The quail with pistachio stuffing was really delicious. The food is beautifully presented and the portions are just right. I really didn't expect this restaurant to be such a "gourmet" experience, but I was so pleasantly surprised!! My advice to the owners - keep doing exactly what you are doing!!!!

1  Thank bjsteadman
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We love Italia Trattoria! Our first visit wasn't great only because we heard they serve an exceptional gnocchi which my husband is a huge fan of. We arrived during lunch hour and gnocchi isn't on the lunch menu. Our waitress wasn't sure what we were talking about and wasn't much help. All she had to say was that it was on the dinner menu :) We split an over-priced sandwich and salad and decided to come back next time we were in town for dinner. The night before the Bloomsday run we tried Italia Trattoria again. We were greeted warmly and watched as everyone around us was having a wonderful meal with great conversation. It was such a happy place to be.
My husband got his gnocchi which was out of this world beyond belief scrumptious! I ordered the red wine risotto which was a little strong tasting for me but it was incredibly good and I ate every last bite! We also split a side order of spaghetti with olive oil and parmesan which was another huge winner. To top it all off we splurged with dessert. I got a cookie and ice cream. What came to me was an ordinary looking cookie. I leaned forward expecting the cookie to crumble into 1,000 pieces only to take a bite and be wowed off my chair! The most moist, most flavorful, most yummy cookie I have ever had. I had to ask and the waitress said it was an almond merengue cookies made in house. I wanted to take a 1/2 dozen with me for after the race. And the ice cream was just at yummy. It was a great experience with wonderful food and an attentive waitress. We are looking to go back soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We went here for out anniversary and had a wonderful meal with great service. It was a nice night and the big doors were open for the even breeze. Very different menu with lots of new fun things to try. We had one of the special that was a pasta dish that was amazing and also had the squid ink pasta that was enjoyable. They happily split all the dishes for us. We will be back.