“Food is not worth the hassle”

Waddell's Neighborhood Pub & Grill
Ranked #113 of 880 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Food is not worth the hassle”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Let me start off with the food is alright. It might even be pretty good. However, it has consistently some of the worst service I have experienced. It starts right at the front door where the two hostess' find it more important to chat with one another than to acknowledge you. On the last occasion I was here it took a full 10 minutes to get so much as a nod.
But, it doesn't stop at the door either. Even at the table they only give you cursory attention. We saw our server a grand total of 4 times, once to get our order, once to deliver our drinks, once to ask if we wanted the check and once to bring it back. Someone else brought out the food. We did not have the chance to order another round of drinks. God forbid we needed anything in addition to our burgers.
I believe in giving bad service a second chance, it could have been that server on that day. But alas it seems to be endemic of the resteraunt.
So because the food was decent I thought, "hey why not do an order for pickup" thinking I would be spared the bulk of annoyances. But apparently even this is a tall order for Waddell's. The person who answered the phone seemed annoyed that I would have the audacity to order food. She didn't bother to take my name or phone number, but at least she quote me a 20 minutes ready time. So of course I get there 22 minutes later, giving time for them to get themselves together. Again the hostesses are chatting with one another not acknowledging me for a good 5 to 10 minutes. Then when they finally ask whether I wanted a table I told them that I made an order over the phone they simply said OK. It's now been 30 minutes since I made my order and I continue to wait. Just about an hour later I finally get the food and, you guessed it, foods barely lukewarm.

In conclusion, the food is alright but there are plenty of other nicer places you can go, where you will be treated with the respect a paying customer should get.

1 Thank Mahonosferatu

Spokane, Washington
“The best sweet potato fries ever”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Pub food. Great burgers and wings. Several varieties of beer. Big problem with only one co-ed restroom. It's a bar, so it is very busy and no lady wants to use a restroom after a man comes out.

1 Thank SharonWessman
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Like walking into real life Cheers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Found place from DDD site and could not have been happier. Full of friendly locals who welcomed outsiders and were happy to chat you up. Made for an extremely pleasant evening. Sat at bar to eat, and bartender, who they all knew by name, was just as inviting and friendly. He was also very knowledgeable about the many beers on tap - about 30. Had Rube Waddell burger, which was a Reuben on a burger, and was a taste explosion. Came with unlimited fries, which had fantastic seasoning. Slaw was also very good. Onion rings just ok. Other pates were very large orders of food. Asked for chocolate case for dessert and for a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Bartender had them put three scoops on and a ton of whipped cream without any extra charge. A great local place, but eat at the bar, it's worth it.

Spokane
“Best burger in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife and I had our first meal at Waddell's Pub at 6501 N Cedar Rd in Spokane. We went with friends who already were fans of Waddell's. We see why. The four of us had: Island Burger, Chipotle Chix Sandwich, Caesar Wrap, and Big Dawg. My Island Burger was excellent and everyone enjoyed their meals. Thanks to my light eating wife, I was able to enjoy half of the Caesar wrap for lunch the next day.
We were seated in a booth in the bar. Our server was friendly and efficient.
We will return to Waddell's, I'm sure.

Spokane
“Room for improvement,yet when it all comes together should be great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

NEW JUST OPENED NOT EVEN A MONTH AGO! That being said loved the atmosphere, great staff. Food has room for improvement yet still very good. My son said the smoke jumper burger he had was very good, HUGE yet good. The pop rock wing have room for improvement, the Thai chicken flatbread pizza needs alot of work. Taste more like a bad teriyaki not Thai.

• Visited January 2014