“Exciting, creative, something different and TASTY”

Sante Restaurant & Charcuterie
Reserve with OpenTable
Sante Restaurant & Charcuterie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 897 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Breakfast & lunch every day from 9am-3pm. Social hour 3-5pm. Dinner service nightly 5pm-close. French techniques, Northwest products. Eat globally / Act locally...... A Votre Sante
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I tried Sante for breakfast because it serves something besides standard breakfast fare. I was very disappointed that they didn't have any of the dishes with duck confit available. They were out and the duck supplier wouldn't be in for 3 more days. Ah, well. Oh, and they were out of the wine I wanted. (Yes, wine for breakfast!) Not a very auspicious beginning. So still wanting to try something different and particularly the charcuterie made in house, I ordered the charcuteriie plate -- various meats, cheese, fruit and accompaniments such as made-in-house mustards. Delicious, though I wouldn't order the duck prociutto by itself. Service was attentive and helpful. I look forward to getting back for dinner and when they have the duck confit. The rating would be higher except for the failures in inventory management.

Reviewed June 6, 2010

We visited Sante when on an overnight stay in Spokane. We were able to make a reservation for 8:30 pm when we arrived in Spokane (at around 6:30 pm). This excellent restaurant has friendly, knowledgeable staff and specialising in the little things that makes a n evening special, e.g. we were moved to a window table as soon as one became available. The duck confit with blinis starter was exceptional. A nice touch is that each course is presented to the diner so that you have a full explanation of the food that you are about to eat.

Spokane was buzzing the evening we were there because of the parade - the atmosphere in Sante's complimented the atmosphere in the rest of the city.

Reviewed May 29, 2010

I agree with Pablo's review. We got the Tour de Sante entree he described and it was delicious! Also reccomend the crepe with goat cheese and walnuts. The service was OK.

Reviewed May 12, 2010

I've eaten at Sante twice now. Both times I was very disappointed in the service and the food. A "high class" restaurant should be able to provide filtered water. Both times the water tasted awful and the waitperson didn't seem to care. The food sounds much better than it tastes, they are slow to serve the food and it is definitely over priced for what you get. The only thing I can say is they do have a flare for presentation. The food looks pretty when it finally comes out.

Reviewed April 25, 2010

I am a graduate student in nearby Pullman, Washington that returns to my old stomping grounds approximately once a month. You could say I have a bit of a routine. After an hour and a half bus ride, my first stop at 8:45am is Sante for the mouth watering "tour de Sante." Seeing as though I stop by at least once a month, you would expect the presentation would have grown stale after a little over a year. Yet, each and every time I come in it is a little bit different and continues to peak my interest. This is a simple dish that is taken far beyond its humble expectations by an amazing kitchen. Essentially it consists of french toast, two eggs, and two pieces of sausage. The french toast is light and fluffy adorned with two eggs cooked to order. The sausage is made in house and tastes utterly amazing. No joke, I have ordered additional links to go just to see the expressions on people's faces when they take that first bite. However, the pies de resistance has to be the syrup. The staff, bless their hearts, have tried to explain to me on several occasions what goes in to the sausage and the syrup. Unfortunately, I have a mind like a sieve and can never recall any of it. What I do recall is that it is not maple syrup. Bottom line... it is light, flavorful, and I will never speak with Aunt Jemima again. If I have starved myself sufficiently the night before, I will delve into an order of Crepes Suzette at the same sitting. Oh, how I love those mornings. To top it of, excusing the pun, the coffee is wonderful.

I haven't done too many lunches at Sante, but I would defy anyone to find a better burger than their $11 Kobe beef hamburger. From fresh and on-site pickled veggies to house made ketchup and mustard, this is the best damn hamburger I have ever had.

Should I make evening plans with friends or family during my stay, an evening at Sante is often a must. I look forward to the menu changes each and every time I stop by. Sante has transformed me from a repeat offender (i.e. someone who has a single dish at each respective restaurant they frequent) to a connoisseur of a wide variety of tastes and styles. In my many adventures at Sante I have sampled wild boar, succulent Berkshire pork, mouthwatering Kobe steaks, escargot (a first), gnocchi that is fit for the gods, goat cheese crespella that melts in your mouth, and a fillet of perch that I would gladly serve time for. The staff is incredible in their knowledge of the menu and drink pairings (beer or wine). There has not been one single occasion where one of my many questions has stumped them.

No matter how much you like someplace there is always room for improvement. A few dishes seem less than stellar in comparison to their elite counterparts. The chittara pasta, for example, is a dish that has me scratching my head. It's not that there is anything wrong with the dish per se, yet I believe it is a bit of a liability on an otherwise amazing menu and here's why. The menu is very adventurous from top to bottom. When I bring people to the restaurant for the first time, especially those that are less adventurous, they tend to gravitate towards this dish. Pasta just screams "safe", I guess. Even the best pasta I have ever tasted is still by its very nature... pasta. The experience of Sante is far too precious to risk someone ordering this very safe dish. This is my humble opinion.

Aside from my contempt for all things pasta, Sante is part of my trip home. The staff greets me like family every time I come by. Whether I am in jeans and a t-shirt or "dressed up to the nines" they have always treated my guests and I with the utmost respect. This is perhaps Sante's greatest attribute. It always brings a smile to my face when I think of how many of my guests entered through their doors intimidated about world of fine dining that had heretofore been "off limits" to them, only to be accepted and treated as if they had always belonged. For beyond all the wonderful tastes and gastronomical pleasures that Sante has to offer, it is the collective heart of its owners, managers, and staff that make it Spokane's hidden treasure. It truly is my home away from home.