“Really odd.... but the waiter was excellent”

Sante Restaurant & Charcuterie
Reserve with OpenTable
Sante Restaurant & Charcuterie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 882 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Breakfast & lunch every day from 9am-3pm. Social hour 3-5pm. Dinner service nightly 5pm-close. French techniques, Northwest products. Eat globally / Act locally...... A Votre Sante
Helix, OR
“Really odd.... but the waiter was excellent”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

It was our anniversary and the place where we had planned to go was full, so we walked down the street until we found something that looked interesting (we are from out of town). This place caught our eye, so we went in. Greeted by a woman who asked if we had a reservation. No. Well, she said, surveying the mostly empty dining room, maybe we could sit in the bar. (Butcher's Block, I think. Same menu) The waiter gave us a menu and tried to explain what it meant. Locally source we get, we go to Portland a lot, but this was entirely strange. They had one each of "poultry" "beef" "pork" "pasta" "seafood" and "vegetarian." I gather it changed day to day. Todays choices were: Duck, Tenderloin, shank, something-elli, cod and something. No explanation of how it was cooked, if it came with anything else, etc. He said he understood that it was confusing, but what could you do. We gave him a tip and left. Sometimes, in an attempt to seem trendy (or "au courant") and exclusive, the whole joy of food, dining, and sharing an experience, gets lost. Such was our experience with "Sante."

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Nancy D

Spokane, Washington
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I've eaten and gotten coffee here a few times and every time I'm disappointed. I love the idea of the local food and some of their meals sound wonderful, but I've always felt they are extremely bland. The service is always extremely slow. I've even called ahead for a bowl of soup so it would be ready for my limited lunchtime. When I got there it still took about 15 minutes before I got it. That's 25 to 30 minutes just to poor a bowl of soup when the restaurant isn't even full. It's always busy, so maybe there's something I'm missing.

• Visited January 2013
Spokane, Washington
“Diminishing Quality”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

When we first discovered Sante years ago, the food was phenomenally good and the service was excellent. However, over the past few visits both the food and service has diminished in quality significantly. The last time we dined at Sante, the food was blah and the service was terrible. Today, for the price it costs to eat here, we probably won't be frequenting this restaurant much more in the future.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank CalitoWash
Anchorage, Alaska
“Very hit and miss”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Sante has a huge problem with consistency. I have had some great meals here but I have also had some pretty terrible ones.

Last time I was here with a group of people every single one of us did not like our entree. The meat was overcooked and the dishes were very bland. The restaurant kinda-sorta tried to make amends, but not really, they were just going through the motions. I was also left with the distinct impression that this happens fairly often.

I doubt I will return to the restaurant after this most recent experience and I certainly can't recommend it based on the possibility that you will have a very poor dining experience. I think this restaurant used to be a lot better and most of the positive reviews are either from that time or from persons who don't realize that time has passed.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank seekingwarmerclimes
Bayview, Idaho, USA
“Quite the find”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Amazing place especially for this area. Great and innovative food in a nice ambience. Service can be a bit spotty sometimes.

Visited August 2013