“As welcome as a fly.....”

Sante Restaurant & Charcuterie
Reserve with OpenTable
Sante Restaurant & Charcuterie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 887 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Breakfast & lunch every day from 9am-3pm. Social hour 3-5pm. Dinner service nightly 5pm-close. French techniques, Northwest products. Eat globally / Act locally...... A Votre Sante
Rolling Hills Estates, California
“As welcome as a fly.....”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We would have eaten here had we had the opportunity. We arrived fom Idaho at 1:53 on a Sunday afternoon after finding the restaurant on Yelp, party of four still dressed from a wedding.
Yelp said lunch was served until 2:00. The hostess/server did not smile, did not offer an "I'm sorry, but.." or "our chef cannot prepare hot meals due o he time but if you order quickly, we can make cold x,y, or z" but said "we only serve coffee and similar after 2" . We have had experiences in Europe and Sustralia where the staff went out of their way to assure we were served, even if quickly, even if a cold meal as opposed to cooked meal when arriving close to deadline. We have had many mor meals where the time of arrival when "open for business" means just that--you are served. Really an offsetting experience from the "hospitality" industry.

• Visited August 2013
katerose37, Owner at Sante Restaurant & Charcuterie, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hello Bonnie,
I am very sorry to hear about your experience while traveling and celebrating a wedding last weekend. The situation you experienced is extremely rare for our small business on several levels. First of all, we are usually open until at least 4pm on Sundays, that particular weekend more than half of our team was cooking a dinner at the legendary James Beard House in New York. While we were gone, we operated with a minimal menu and staff, and I am extremely sorry the timing intertwined poorly with your festivities and plans. It must have been very disappointing for yourself and your family, and I truly hope you were able to enjoy yourselves elsewhere in our community. I can guarantee that your next trip to our restaurant will be a completely different experience, and would like to send you a gift certificate if you think yourself (or anyone you know) would like to see what we are really about. Please email your address to Mail@SanteSpokane.com if you would like to take me up on this offer. Thank you for taking the time to send this review, you have opened our eyes on a management perspective of what would have been a better operations decision while we were out of town. Take good care, Kate Hansen & the Santé team.

BEND
“The best dinning experience in Spokane”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great, attentive service from a staff that knows what they are doing and more importantly wants to be there! Food was close to out of this world, everything was prepared and presented in an elegant fashion with tons of flavor and texture. I made sure to hit up the counter and grab some Salami and mustard to go! If you are in Spokane this is a MUST VISIT.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Vinny C
Lethbridge, Canada
“Seemed to have passed their peak”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Sante about this time last year and really liked it. In fact, we booked ahead for this trip when we were in Coeur D'alene so we wouldn't miss out. We had the Charcuterie board last year and it was great ... this time the meats tasted old, bordering on rancid ... not nearly as good.

We ordered pork tenderloin and beef steak as our entrees. The beef that my spouse had was tasty, but very tough ... not a great cut of meat. The pork tenderloin would have been a good meal, but it was spoiled by the fact that we had to share a steak knife (that's correct one knife), and I spent the majority of my meal with an empty wine glass. We went in to complain and the waiter finally came out and said that they're really short-staffed and that they're not usually this bad. I'd say overall it's a pretty pathetic effort.

If you want to charge big league prices then you have to staff with pros. If you can't get the staff, then please don't seat people and ignore them and be surprised when they're disappointed in the service. It feels to me like this place won't last long ... unrealistically presumptuous and offering poor service. There are many better options available in Spokane!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank jovela
Spokane, Washington, United States
“Carefully, artistically and deliously prepared food, served by professional and pleasant people”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have had lunch many times at Sante since it opens in 2008, with co-workers, friends, and family. Always impressed with the food quality and services. I was told that almost all ingredients they serve besides vegetables are made in-house, which shows in the taste from the menu items. My favorites are grilled cheese and shirred eggs. Tofu and vegetable is not my favorite, the grilled tofu tastes a bit bland in my opinion. Great ambience, and great services, whether I was there for a cup of tea or lunch. I haven't tried their dinner yet but a friend of mine told me that she loved it. I believe her.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sam S
Bismarck, ND
“Local Fresh Menu”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Nice small restaurant that focuses on fresh local foods and meats. I had a very good spinach salad and a duck entrée. Was with a group of 8 and all had something different on the menu and all were very satisfied.

Visited July 2013