“Not Worth the Wait”

Rusty Moose Bar and Grill
Ranked #7 of 898 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2014

It was about 8pm by time we arrived, the place closes at 9. There were quite a few people in the waiting area and we were told it would be a 20 minute wait. Most of the people waiting turned out to be one large group. There were several empty tables set and ready, but the hostess made us wait anyway, even after the large group was seated. We were tired from travelling and last thing we wanted was a hassle trying to get seated. I guess this hostess is on some kind of power trip or seriously needs some customer service training. After asking twice about getting a table, we were finally seated. The rest of the service was fine, the burgers were ok, nothing special- too much bun for my taste. Fries were the best part, salad was fresh - skip their hand dipped onion rings, those suck. We wouldn't go again, we probably should have just left and went elsewhere as it wasn't worth waiting for.

Adelis2000, Owner at Rusty Moose Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

We appreciate the feedback and apologize you feel this way. We are a very busy restaurant and during busy times, we may go on a wait in our main dining area as to control the flow of the restaurant. Nonetheless, both our lounge and our pantry counter are always available for immediate seating during that time at night. Most importantly, we pride ourselves in our high food and service standards and certainly apologize that we did not meet your expectations that evening.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

The online reservations were easy to use. I received a welcome call and was told my table would be available at my requested time. We sat close to the fireplace. Our waiter smiled and looked like he enjoyed his job. The food was of good quality. I had the tenderloin steak. It was cooked perfect. The beer was ice cold. I will return on my next trip to Spokane.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I enjoyed a steak special at the bar while watching the World Series. Nothing to rave about, just OK.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had a ribeye steak, one if my favorites when I am on the road. It was seasoned and cooked real well but it was the fattiest ribeye I have ever had. About 1/2 of my steak was fat. Great service and the guy next to me had the Ahi Tuna and it looked amazing.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This restaurant is conveniently located next to the Hilton Garden Inn. The service was great and the food was good. The menu has lots of options and even highlights the many menu items that are gluten free. The decor of the restaurant is fun and made for a great conversation at the table.