“Nice South Hill Option”

Twigs Bistro and Martini Bar - South Hill
Reserve with OpenTable
Twigs Bistro and Martini Bar - South Hill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #310 of 882 Restaurants in Spokane
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E 44th Ave.
London, United Kingdom
“Nice South Hill Option”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had lunch with with family recently. Nice location and atmosphere. I wish I could have tried some of the martinis from the extensive menu. Instead the sashimi and caeser salad were more than enough to satisfy me.

• Visited July 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Cocktail hours”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

As we are travelling and needed some real sustenance, we stopped at Twigs.
Great cocktail hour menu, great size servings and great prices..as we do not like to eat too late when travelling. Try the Pork tacos.....really good.

• Visited July 2013
Mill Creek, WA
“Great Find in the Spokane, WA area”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Last weekend, we drove from Seattle to Spokane to visit our granddaughter, a student at Whitworth University. On Saturday evening we took her out to dinner at TWIGS, a bistro and martini bar, in the "Wandermere" area just north of the campus. We enjoyed a wonderful meal very reasonably priced with two of her friends. The ambience is very attractive in an inviting setting on a small lake with outdoor dining options, and ducks swimming below. The salads were outstanding, and the calamari some of the finest we ever tasted. Then we stopped to do some shopping in Riverpark Square downtown and found another TWIGS--the flagship of a growing chain. On Sunday we enjoyed some pizzas at the South Hill location near the new campus of the Ferris High School--one of the most delicious vegetarian we've ever eaten. Now, we have learned that there is a new TWIGS at the Northgate Mall in Seattle! Welcome, TWIGS!

• Visited April 2013
Spokane, WA
“Always Check Your Bill!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We dined at the South Hill location last night and on the way home my husband commented that it was over $100. I said no way! First of all I said Pan Seared Ahi and she said the Sashimi and I don't remember what I said, I probably said "yes" and didn't look at the menu again. I also ordered the Insalata Mista Salad which I love and thought it would be $3.99 because I was ordering an Entree and it didn't occur to me when she said half or full, that wouldn't be $3.99! #1-the waitress (whom I later found out was the assistant manager!) should have asked me regarding the tuna-will that be the appetizer or entree? Then, when I said which salad I wanted she would know it was the small dinner salad. The other couple had the half caesar salad and also ordered an entree but wasn't asked if it was the dinner salad size, but do you want a half or whole? So what the waitress did was brought me the appetizer Sashimi tuna and I said I thought I was getting the seared and she said no problem and took it away and brought the Seared Ahi entree. But, didn't remove the Sashimi from the bill. So when I called when we got home and looked over the tab, I realized we had been overcharged. I asked to talk to the manager but he wasn't available but she said I could speak with Angie our server who was also the assistant manager! So she said she would take care of it before the charges were sent at the end of the evening. I pointed out that the tip reflected the higher total but I forgot to point out the tax would be off too. So as I looked at my Discover statement this morning on line I saw what she did. Instead of ringing it up with the correct totals with the correct tax and the amount of the tip I said to include, she ran the bill through as is without the tip included! Which was still about $4.39 too much because of the tax difference! We usually have a great experience at any of the Twigs here in Spokane. The service here was very disappointing to say the least. We know better not to check the bill to make sure it's OK, but failed last night to do so. The food was good, I think the appetizer Sashimi tuna looked like it was better than my Seared Ahi, as it was a little on the mushy side. We will go again because it's one of favorite places, but will definitely check the bill to make sure we were charged appropriately!

• Visited December 2012
Cheney, Washington
“It's ok”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Went later in evening (couple date) and they seated us in central area with the giant glass vase with the only other diners there ( 2 other larger groups). I know this is a common practice to make it easier on servers but It felt more like an Applebees setting. Had the Mista salad (very good) but with very little chicken added. They have removed the Bananas Foster from the desert menu which I thought was the type of menu item that used to make Twigs more special. Service was very good though.

Visited September 2012