“Big Dog Friendly”

Ranked #41 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Montana
“Big Dog Friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2009

"Shopping" unexpectedly for a hotel is no one's idea of fun, especially with a 70 lb. dog. No matter how much of a responsible pet owner you are, hotels have their policies. They come about, most likely, because of irresponsible owners. The EconoLodge at Sunset Blvd. does not have a weight limit policy as the one brand name hotel I had stopped at earlier, which had a 10 lb. limit (c'mon, really? only 10 lbs?). Their back yard grounds are ideal for an energetic Lab who needs to be a Lab and retrieve. It's about like breathing for them. But back to the EconoLodge. The double room, although small had everything needed for an overnight. The furniture, although a bit dated, was functional and beds were moderately comfortable. No extra charge for WiFi. Breakfast was fine. I did not like their choice of coffee brand, but that's just that brand of coffee that tastes like dishwater anyway. Staff was very friendly. Our stay was on a Friday night and the hotel was fairly quiet but walls are pretty thin, so expect to hear other guests.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Seattle. WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2009

I recently stayed at this motel and unlike many of the previous reviews that I had read my stay was quite satisfactory. My room was clean, quiet and everything was working. The breakfast was a bit more than some of the reviewers had stated-coffee(by the way was good), orange juice, hot and cold cereals, white/wheat bread, butter and jam, English muffins, apples. I received a very good discount because of the business organization that I belong to. Many of the motels in the Spokane area were considerably higher so I felt I got a bargain.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2008

I last stayed here before going to India for 6 weeks. The staff are very accommodating and the room was satisfactory considering the very cheap price! In my luggage repacking shuffle I lost the smart key (which doesn't look like a key) to my new Prius, which I didn't discover until long after I was in India. My daughter made a distress call to them on my behalf, whereupon they searched the premises and quizzed housekeeping until they found it. This little motel has gone way beyond the norm to be helpful and generous each time I've stayed there. It wouldn't be my choice for a vacation stay but it's an incredible deal for park and fly.

• Liked — free parking
  • Disliked — in need of remodel
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
MF Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2008

We stayed there because of the park and ride program. We stayed the first night at the hotel. What a way to start a trip. Did not get much sleep due to hard beds and lots of hallway noise.
The hotel has been under remodeling for quite a while. Hard to tell what had been remodeled. Our room was old, dirty and had very hard beds. Noise from hall way could be heard from inside the room. The pool, lounge, and restaurant were closed. Spa was open but the mold was so thick we did not even want to step foot into the area.
When we returned from our trip we were not able to get ahold of the hotel. Called for over 45 mintues. Meet other families also trying to get ahold of the hotel with no luck. Finally the men grabbed a cab to get the cars and return for everyone else. The hotel said there shuttle was down and phones not working. Hard to believe because right before the men returned with the cars we were able to get through.
We would not stay there again - not a good experience.

• Disliked — very dirty and moldy
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2008

We did the Park and Fly where you stay the night and leave your car and they take you to the airport and pick you up. My friend and I went to Mexico. We called them on the way home to remind them we were coming in on the late flight...they were not there. We waited almost 45 minutes after calling them several times. When we got to the hotel the driver saw which one was my car and said "oh, yeah, that was broken into last thursday" (it was 6 days later) We walk up to look at my car and see what was stolen and believe it or not there was a window bashed out that they didn't even tape up and they didn't lock the doors or anything. THEY DID NOTHING. The driver offered to THEN tape up the window, but then left us and did nothing. I went to the desk and wanted to see the manager and I was treated like crap. I talked to the Manager several time and she was going to talk to the owner so see what they could do to try and make it right, and guess what? They have not called as promised. I understand that it is not their fault someone broke in my car....but to leave it with a big shatterd window, who knows how many people went into and helped themselves to everything in my car. They told me the doors were wide open on my car and so they "shut them for me" but didn't even lock the doors. Just pathatic. The rooms stink, the breakfast is ok, the staff is rude and not helpfull at all and to top it off they (by admision) have a history of cars being broken into. They failed to tell me that.
And yes, I have a lawyer.
Do not stay there.

• Liked — not much
  • Disliked — uncaring staff
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank pvpearl
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2007

Good value. Nice rooms. Good Security (cameras in the parking lot) Property is in good repair.

Five stars better the the Travel Lodge across the street.

Hope they open the restaurant soon

• Stayed October 2007
loveland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2007

We stayed there because it had been a Days Inn and we like them - there were many cars parked at the property but we later learned they only pay to park and use it as a lot for the airport- no one seemed to be staying there. We were put in a back room in a far building - it was dated and dirty - we found out at bedtime we had no water in the shower/bath. They moved us 2 doors away - it seemed there was no one else staying there -
that room was also dirty, dated and needing repairs - but it had water.
The pool, lounge, and restaurant were closed.
The breakfast was marginal and again we were the only ones there. We were woken up by construction racket about 6:30 AM.
When we complained at checkout about the conditions, we were told they are slowly remodelling from the front building back - we wondered why we were not given a room in that building as no one else was staying - just dropping off cars to catch a plane and their shuttle -
We would not stay there again - not a good experience

• Liked — close to highway we neded
  • Disliked — the room, no water, no internet, dirty, dated
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple