“Was a good stay.”

Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
BC Canada
“Was a good stay.”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights on our trip. The hotel was clean, the people at reception desk were polite and helpful when we asked how to get to a few places.
Walking distance to the park.
We would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The location was great - close to the river path that goes to downtown and the shopping and restaurants. The bed was very comfortable and there was a choice of pillows (thin, soft, firm, etc.). Overall the room looked clean but we weren't too impressed when we found an extra bed pillow on the floor by an arm chair. It made us wonder how well the room had been vacuumed. The complimentary breakfast was OK.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Average hotel. Small rooms. Free breakfast is a bonus. Great location downtown, close to the river, parks, convention centre, arena, restaurants, etc. Nothing fancy or spectacular, but okay. Beds were comfortable, with nice duvets. Took a while to check out, as the front desk staff were also manning the kitchen.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

For work I spend about 70 nights a year in hotels on average. Needing to spend some time with ten year old daughter, I took her with me on a recent business trip to Spokane. It's a beautiful city with a great park and lots of things to do. We enjoyed every bit of what the area had to offer which was great after the long drive up from the Portland area. My daughter loved our time spent at the park so I looked for lodging nearby. should have stuck with the red lion, or even the travel lodge, all of which had vacancies,for the same cost of the red lion, the location and rooms of this place at best a half the value. The snotty receptionist ruined while at the same time fixed me on staying at this place. Apparently she though that quoting us the B.S. price of $159 for one night would rid us of her existance and she could get back to the obvious personal phone conversation. While I knew I could have received better accomidations for the same price I decided that I would stay here that one night just to see the inconvienced look on her face when I said; Here's my credit card...i'll take it. So Marriot i hope it was good for you cause I'm going elsewhere with my business...over price much?$!

Room Tip: go to Red Lion or save $ and stay at Travel lodge or even better hotel Ruby, friendly and half the p...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Michael T
kegs605
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I liked this hotel walking distance to downtown and we went to the riverfront park where it was 1.00 a ride. Then we went to olive garden and took a taxi for 6.00 back to the room.i would stay at this hotel again very clean, the breakfast was good also.

• Stayed July 2013
Shannon D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for response! I am glad that you were able to enjoy our close proximity to central downtown. I have to agree that the great thing about our location is that we are not in the middle of downtown which help eliminate some of the noise, however we are still within walking distance of all the great shopping, attractions and restaraunts. The best of both worlds!
VA
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice. I called the hotel to inform them my late arrival (the front desk did take my name) for my first stay. I arrived just before 1:00 am. I was given a room right opposite to the elevator. I was waked up by the elevator noises five hours later, as expected. It was partly my fault for not asking to change to another room. On the second stay, I checked in at 6:00 pm. But the front desk did not give me a good room, either. Okay, it was a small improvement, one floor up and one room further away from the elevator. I could still hear the elevator noises. I told the front desk manager about my first stay and I am a Marriott Gold member. Perhaps, I would get better rooms if I booked a double-bed room. Who knows! I would stay at another hotel next time.

Room Tip: Courtyard next door is much better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time for responding to your stay with us. First I would like to personally apologize for your frustrations with your room during your stay. We do strive to meet all of our guests requests that are in the reservation notes at the trime of booking. We do however have some rooms that are near the elevator and we try to only use those when we have no other options left and the hotel is full.

We value your Gold Member loyalty to Marriott and if you would give us the chance again I am sure we make your accomidations much more appealing! Please don't ever hesitate to ask the guest service agent to help you if you are not happy, after all that is our goal and we will always do what we can to ensure our guests are happy and comfortable.
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our recent stay at this hotel. The location is very near to the city center...Riverfront park and many excellent restaurants. We found the room to be clean and tidy, the service to be excellent and the morning breakfast very good. The only problem we had was that the bed itself was a bit too firm for us. Otherwise, this is a fantastic Spokane Hotel!

Room Tip: There is a Perkins restaurant on site. However, we would recommend walking two blocks to enjoy one o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to respond to your expereince while staying with us. I am always thrilled to receive feedback on our guests stay!

We take pride in offering our guests the most exceptional service for a worry free stay. I hope that the next time you are in Spokane you will choose to stay with us again as we look forward to seeing you!