“Surprisingly good!”

Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Calgary, Canada
“Surprisingly good!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

While I have to admit that we are 'Marriott' fans, this was the first time we had stayed at a Fairfield (part of the Marriott chain) property. This property, for the price, was extremely pleasant, clean, comfortable & above all, very welcoming. Situated within walking distance to downtown Spokane & located near the river, (good for walks) it was quiet! The Breakfast was OK, nothing special but adequate although I wish the hotel ( & other similar hotels that offer a free breakfast) would stop using styrofoam plates & plastic cutlery (Not very environmentally responsible!)
Would certainly stay there again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KootenayGold
Shannon D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your response. We always appriciate hearing feedback from our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we have made you a fan of our hotel as well as the Fairfield Inn & Suites brand.

I would be happy to look into seeing if we can get some sort of paper or recycled material for plates and bowels rather than the styrofoam. Fairfield Inn's are a limited service hotel and unfortunatley do not have the room or capablilites to put in an industrial size dishwasher so that does limit or options a little especially with cutlery. I will however look into to what other options are available to see what we can do to help our planet!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
usa
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have been to Spokane prior to this trip and stayed somewhere different. However, I think the next time I visit, I will stay here again. This was a business trip. The location was close to great restaurants in the downtown and if you feel like a good walk, you can walk to the mall. The person working the front desk was very knowledgeable about great places to eat and not chain restaurants. Which was what I was looking for. Since I had been to Spokane multiple times I had been to the usual places and she was able to find some great spots for me. The room was up to date and quiet. Beds were good and there is a free breakfast that much better than other Fairfields I have stayed in. The customer service was excellent. The price was good for what I recieved. The airport is only about 20 minutes away. My only complaints are that despite the modern feel, the alarm clocks are not docking stations for iPods, etc. About half the hotels I stay in now have these and it's great when the hotel has these. And, there were stains on the chair and stool, that I felt like should have been cleaned as the stains were in plain view. Free parking and you may want to have to car if you don't want to do a lot of walking.

Room Tip: Would not stay near the elevator. If you are a light sleeper stay at least 3 rooms down as the &quo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank keeptraveling01
Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy day to post a review. I was thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you will stay again in the future! We love when we can make a guests first stay with us turn into a long term relationship!

I have to agree with you about the docking stations. Right now we do offer docking stations, however they are only available in our King Suites. We are hoping that soon in the near future we may be able to add this feature to all of our rooms. Thank you again for your input and we will see you on your next trip.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here 1 night so that my husband could attend a meeting at Gonzaga University. We had a car so it was a 2 min drive to the university.

Initially we were given a room with two double beds but asked to be changed to a King room. Our request was promptly catered for.

The room was clean and large. The reception staff were friendly and helpful.

Fairfield Inn's have a free breakfast (similar to the Residence Inn) so that is helpful.

We requested a late check-out but the maximum they could give us was 1pm as the cleaners go home.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HonestAndFair11
Thank you for your response, I greatly appriciate you taking the time to post one! I was glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are very close to Gonzaga University and it makes it very convenient with easy access. I wasalso delighted to hear that my staff was able to honor your room change request. We always strive to go above and beyond to make our guests comfortable and make them want to return. We hope to see you again in the future!
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is an excellent Fairfield Inn in Spokane within walking distance of Gonzaga University and downtown Spokane. Free breakfast is of course not very good, but other than that I enjoyed my stay. There is a "Perkins" breakfast restaurant right across the parking lot, if you prefer that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Wa
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at this property for a wedding in Spokane. Overall, the service was professional and the complimentary breakfast was first rate!

Location is near the center of downtown Spokane. Room quality was fine, not as nice as a full-service Marriott, but you're not paying as much either.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank King06
Thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay with us. I was very pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable. I always love to hear when our guests experience great staff service. It puts a smile on my face! Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.
Hawaii
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are large and have been renovated with contemporary colors. The beds are very comfortable. The breakfast is average, similar things to other hotels. Parking is free and shares the same lot as Perkins Restaurant. The hotel construction is such that you can hear people walking in the hallway outside the room, or above you; you can also hear the shower next door, but not the people talking. You can walk to the convention center either through the river front centennial walk or through the main streets. Overall, it was a nice, safe, clean hotel and we would stay there again. The price was higher than other hotels in The area because it was closer to the downtown area and the convention center. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank T W
Thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We always appriciate comments from our guests as it lets us know what we are doing right and we are always looking for ways to improve our guests experience!
alberta
Reviewed July 31, 2012

we visited for one night and really enjoyed our stay. It was close to everything we needed, the park, convention centre, the malls, restaurants. The hotel is bright and cheery. Our room was comfortable and bedding was nice. The pool and hottub are indoors and a little on the small side but still was very clean and served its purpose. the staff was most friendly and attentive. The breakfast ended at 10 am and had many choices. checkout was at noon. we will stay here again when we come back to spokane. i recommend this highly

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Shannon D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable! Our location is wonderful to be close and within walking distance to many amenities such as dining and entertainment. I hope you will take advantage of our location again in the near future.