“OUR STAY WAS GREAT”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Spokane Downtown
Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We give this hotel 20 stars since my family had four rooms. We were greeted at the desk by Sam who was very congenial. The breakfast was filling and we looked forward to seeing Terry who was a ray of sunshine with her upbeat attitude in caring for the breakfast crowd. We would definitely stay here again. Bob A.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Shannon D, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

WOW!!! We greatly appriciate the 20 stars!!! I am so thrilled to hear how pleasent your stay with us was. Your comments are truly appriciated and so wonderful to hear. I will certainly pass along your comments to Sam and Terry and I will make sure they get the recognition they deserve. They are great assests to our hotel and we are happy they are part of our team. We look forward to having you come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

While our initial impression was fantastic, it went downhill every day as the hotel also had a large youth group staying there that were totally rambunctious kids and parents that partied late on Saturday (when we had an early flight on Sunday). I know the hotel cannot discriminate on its guests and capacity, but come on hockey games in the hallways and kids running and slamming doors are no fun! There should become kind of quiet hour rules or put large groups on all one floor.

Honestly, we did not ask to be moved so some of the frustration lies with us, but the hotel should take care to make sure ALL guests have good experiences especially when they see problems!

• Stayed: February 2012
Shannon D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

First I wouldl like to say thank you for taking the time to post your comments. All comments whether positive or negative are an important tool for maintaining and improving our guests satisfaction. I can truly understand and empthaize with your frustrstions during your stay with us. I can asure you that as soon as we notice a noise disturbance we do our best to get right on top of it to resolve the issue immediately. If the noise issue was not an isolated incident I would like to personally apologize to you. I can assure you we will continue to strive to improve on getting this nuisance taken care of in a timely manner that is satisfactory to our guests. I hope that the next time you travle to the Spokane area you will give us another chance to show you the exceptional quality and service we are truly capable of!

Reviewed February 9, 2012

My husband & I recently stayed here for 3 nights during a convention. The room was clean, beds comfortable, bathrooms are a little on the small side. Complimentary breakfast was average. Check-in was fast and front desk clerk friendly. However, the spa was broke so that was a big disappointment as I always enjoy relaxing after a long day on my feet. Also, the first morning I was gone but while my husband was in the shower someone came in and stole his wallet and cell phone off the dresser. My Dad was in the adjoining room and said he heard our door open and close but he just assumed it was one of us. We did report it to the front desk but there wasn't a whole lot they could do. I was just glad that my husband does not leave his money in his wallet so there wasn't anything of great importance lost. It was a little disturbing but over all the hotel itself was a nice, clean, comfortable, good location for the money option!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank yankeejones
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed two nights at this property during the week of Feb. 1, 2012. It was recently renovated, which shows. The lobby and common areas are all fresh and clean. The room I had, which faced south, was also clean, well appointed with standard Marriott furniture, and appeared to be recently refurbished or renovated. I had a King on the 4th floor, with a sleeper sofa as well. Standard desk, lighting options, and bathroom decor. Pantene shampoo in the bathroom.

The breakfast was pretty good. Eggs were watery, but there's a waffle maker, fresh bagels and donuts, several cereal selections, apples, bananas, coffee, and oatmeal (instant in packets). There was plenty of space in the breakfast/lobby area to have your own table, and 2 new large flat screen TVs were on while I was there.

The "business center" is two computers and a printer just inside the entrance door, with no privacy. The internet here was fast, and the printer worked well, but there's no privacy - literally anyone walking through the lobby can see what you're working on, as well as the desk since your back is to them.

In room internet worked well for me the first night, but became progressively spottier as my stay continued. On the last day, I could hardly access it at all in the evening. I don't know what caused this, but it was annoying.

TV selection was decent, not great - standard hotel choices. There was a notable lag between remote-input and TV changing, but otherwise no complaints. The TV was large and had a nice picture.

The workout room was a weight bench and two treadmills, with a water cooler. The room was small, but the equipment appeared new. I had no problems getting in or using equipment first thing in the morning. There is also a small pool and a hot tub off the lobby level. There's a strong chlorine smell in the workout room as a result. The pool and hot tub seemed clean, but I didn't use them.

The location is on the outskirts of downtown - but still well within walking distance. You have easy access to walking/running paths, and can easily walk across town in about 15 minutes, weather permitting. There's a Perkins next door, and several local bars across the street. Within a few blocks is a Chili's and probably another dozen local eateries or bars. You're within a few blocks of the highway, and I was able to get to/from the airport within about 20 minutes.

It's a quiet location, with only occasional rumbling from trains, but that's something you hear wherever you are in Spokane.

Overall, a nice stay, although I preferred the Residence Inn next door on past trips. It's really a toss up though. I wouldn't recommend this for vacation stays, but for a business trip, it fits the bill.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Nice remodel and generously sized rooms. Jessica was wonderfully helpful and gave great advice on local restaurants. I'll stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Better than most Fairfields with good landscaping, plentiful parking, complimentary breakfast, clean and well maintained carpeting and other decor, 2 computers, pool, hot tub and exercise facility. The hotel was just off the main north/south business road on one side, a Courtyard on one side and university buildings on the other; the hotel itself was on quieter side streets. Our king room with sofa bed had plenty of room for the 3 of us. The breakfast had better variety than most Fairfields and there was plenty of room. Staff were very friendly and helpful, both in the evening and morning. A Perkins is next door and a Chilis is only 2 blocks away, a safe walk. We would definitely choose this hotel again if we needed to stay in downtown Spokane.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ClarkCreek
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I stayed here on a short business trip in November 2011. This Fairfield Inn is freshly renovated, and really is very comfortable. Hotel was much better than most Fairfields. Staff were exceptional. They provided great suggestions for dinner out. Hotel is across the street from the convention center and near several good restaurants, including a dandy local watering hole and neighborhood restaurant a block down the road, The Globe. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business