Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown
  • Breakfast included
$124
Doubletree.com
$87
Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue(Spokane)(Great Value!)
$78
QualityInn
  • Breakfast included
$139
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn(Spokane)(Great Value!)
$95
$88
All reviewshi expressmilk and cookiesthe riversmall balconythe breakfast areabreakfast ladythe hotel sitsbeautiful propertyyogurtspokane downtownhighly recommend this hotelriverfront parkparking lotcomfortable bedsfree breakfaststaff was very friendly and helpfuldefinitely stay here again
Reviewed November 14, 2010

The hotel was clean (immaculate) and the room (king bed) was spacious. The staff was very friendly and courteous. Breakfast was the standard fare, I always have juice and yogurt so there was nothing to go wrong with that. My husband had the cinnamon roll, it was fresh and hot. I also noticed they kept refreshing the breakfast items while we were there. Frankly, I am not sure what could be improved!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
ldivis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I know your time is valuable and I appreciate you making the extra effort. We have great rate specials throughout the winter. Please visit us on Facebook and become our friend. Thank you!

Reviewed November 5, 2010

This hotel is an overpriced poor example of this chain as I am used to it. I would like to start off by pointing out that this hotel is not only incredibly STINGY, but it also has some of the most apathetic, lazy, contrived, and unfriendly front desk stuff, especially the morning desk agent. The entire hotel is outdated, and appears to have been previously a super 8 or daysinn. The room is incredibly small, the in-room desk is a joke, the heater resembles a cheap motel's and is loud and doesn't cool properly. The room ran out of tissues, the bathtissue was cheaper and harder than anything walmart would sell. They are too cheap to place lotion in the rooms. They don't carry the mouthwash or bodywash which ALL hiex chain's that would charge nearly this much would furnish. When I asked the front desk where the typical chain lotion was they told me they were all out and they rarely ever have it at this hotel, clearly a LIE. I inquired about some shaving cream as I had forgotten mine, I was told they didn't have any either, and instructed to go to safeway, so much for the chain's "forgot something guarantee" Both soap's in the room were bent, when washing my hands it broke apart, the same thing happened to the other one requiring me to get another from the front desk that was not bent which melted after 2 showers. At a 140 dollar a night joke of a motel I should not have to wash with a tiny-cracked-in-half-rough-edged piece of soap. The kid's at the front desk also improperly spaced the rooms as the guest arriving around bedtime made quite a bit of noise and I could hear the loud water pipes making noise, as well as their conversations and coughing at night. Even the morning breakfast was poor in comparison to what regular customers of this chain would have come to expect. A few stale old open muffins and donuts, stale cereals, heavily watered down juices, along with some sausages and grits. The only positive to the breakfast was the friendly attendant who insisted on dumping my trash, but I'd rather have had better quality items as I can dump my trash myself. They also ran out of yogurt and bacon and this was at 815am. The only thing worth eating was the cinnamon buns, otherwise you could have probably had a better breakfast at the Ramada for 1/3 the price uptown. Funny since they have a huge sign downtown advertising their rodewayinn type breakfast with the cinnamon buns. To take the cake was the too-lazy-to-even-look-you-in-the-eye liar at the front desk who told me the hotel does not ever have lotion and when told that we were out of the one usable soap, snapped at me while handing over a soap "I don't have soap, I only have bar soap, WHY? there wasn't any in the room?" I replied: "for a hotel that charges 139 a night this is ridiculous and the one usable soap we had got all used up by us", and all the while as I spoke he just stared at his paperwork apathetically. UNBELIEVABLE and despicable hospitality service. I know the stingy manager instructed the front desk attendant to lie because a fellow guest who overheard smiled and told me that they did have lotion in the room and that the desk agent was either too tired or busy to get some from housekeeping.

In summary, the people of Spokane must like being ripped off and have no idea of the type of quality this chain normally provides, and as a priority club member I feel insulted by this franchisee. You might as well stay at the Davenport for 30 dollars additional if you're ignorant enough to waste 140 on this lousy hotel room which has a sink in the bedroom, and a tiny old plastic bathtub piece and toilet next to it. If they didn't have the bedding, and cinnamon buns in the morning, you would have thought you stayed at some 50-dollar-a-night-inn. If you want to experience a real Holidayinn express try everett, seattle, or the one in post falls, I bet even the one in the valley would yield a better experience than this. Even the water pressure at the only comfortable warm setting was weak making the trademark shower head unremarkable.

I know Ms. Clovis reads these reviews from briefly browsing, and will probably respond with some nonsense that she values the feedback and will try to improve the hotel, this is just what we in the PR field call "cheap-talk" to placate the ignorant bluecollar populace of Spokane and oversell them on our garbage again. That said Ms. Clovis if you really value the feedback, then I suggest you check yourself into the post falls/cda location with a notebook in hand. Remodel the bathrooms, teach the lazy kids at the front desk how to space rooms, replace the computer that causes lines at check in and freezes up, tell your lazy staff to walk over to house keeping for supplies, and tell your staff that the soaps and lotion containers cost next to .50 cents to 1 dollar, and this is a SMALL price to sacrifice for customer satisfaction when charging $140 a night.

Lastly, If you do not appreciate the privilege of being a HIexpress franchisee why don't you just drop the nameplate and call your motel "Hotel Spokane on the Rock" instead of abusing the IC brand equity and selling trash to Spokane and business travelers. You know better, and I as a priority club member know better, shame on you for ripping off not only the people and visitors of Spokane, but IC hotels as well.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank SNY85
ldivis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2010

Dear SNY85,
WOW! Please accept my sincere apology for the unpleasant experience you had at my hotel. I am so sorry. Had I known about the unsatisfactory circumstance surrounding your stay, I would have personally seen to the details while you were here. I had no idea. We strive to do our best to "impress" every guest positively. I would appreciate if you would contact me personally at the hotel so that we can discuss this matter fully. Your business is important to me, and you comfort and satisfaction while staying in Spokane is my priority. Please feel free to contact me through the hotel 509-328-8505. Ask for Ms. Divis ( not Ms. Clovis). Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed September 29, 2010

My friends and I spent three nights at the Holiday Inn Express on the Rock and enjoyed it as always when we come to Spokane for the Women of Faith Conference. What was different this time was the shuttle van driver, Jeffrey Perkins. He the the most courteous, smiley, pleasant employee we encountered throughout our stay. He is the epitome of great customer service. I trust you value him for the quality he brings to your establishment because he definitely makes a difference!

Thank You!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Dear Kathy6124,
Thank you for your comments. Jeff is an amazing individual. He was recently the recipient of the Holiday Inn Express Employee of the Month. He has been nominated for other awards in our company as well. We value him and are proud to have him on our team. He truly is an asset to our hotel. Thank you again for acknowledging him. I will pass your comment on to him! Thank you, again.

Reviewed September 11, 2010

I was extremely impressed with Jeff. He was more than accommodating - ensuring I was picked up from the airport and that I got to and from my destinations in a timely manner. He was always early and always greeted me with a friendly smile and warm conversation. It was refreshing to receive this kind of service that is so few and far between. I noticed the other guests greeted him by name and appeared to appreciate his sincerity as I did as well. The rooms were very nice and clean. The staff overall was friendly. If ever in the Spokane area again, I will definitely stay here again. What a blessing to travel from one coast to another and receive this kind of excellent service! Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
ldivis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with trip advisor. Once in a while you come across an individual that embodies the spirt of hospitality. Jeff is one of those individuals. We appreciate him very much. We look forward to you staying with us again when you return to the Spokane area. Sincerely, Lori

Reviewed September 3, 2010

I'm a big fan of Holiday Inn Express hotels, I've only stayed in one that I felt was sub-par and would not return for a second stay. However, this one is a winner. This is the most hospitality-focused hotel I've ever stayed in.

For one thing, Monday-Wednesday evenings there is a hospitality gathering from 5-7 pm where they serve food, wine, and beer at no charge. The night I was there I noticed several tables of people enjoying this amenity.

I have to have total silence when I sleep and had forgotten my earplugs, I've done that before and have never had any luck with the front desk having them; not this hotel. They had two different styles and gave me both to ensure a good night's sleep.

A handwritten thank you note was slipped under my door, another nicety. The room was nice and had a refrigerator with a FREEZER, something I've noticed is not that common anymore. I travel by car and like to keep cold water in a small cooler so I'm always happy to be able to freeze my freezer pack for the next day's travel. The bed was very comfortable. The tv wasn't a flat screen but I don't care much about that since I'm not much of a tv watcher anyway.

The only problem I had was that it sounded as if every water pipe in the hotel traveled next to the wall of my room. It seemed as though someone was taking a shower all of the time. Thankfully I had the earplugs they gave me.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
ldivis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2010

Thank you so much for your comments about your recent stay. We treasure your input and value your opinions. We do focus on the true spirit of hospitality and do everything within our power to "impress our guests". Sometimes there are things beyond our control, however, we do our best to make your stay the best possible. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. Please come stay with us again on your next visit to Spokane!