“Great Choice for Spokane”

Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Lewiston, Idaho
“Great Choice for Spokane”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We recently stayed at this Holiday Inn Express and enjoyed it very much. We travel with our doxie and she was welcomed as family too. The pet rooms are on the main floor and have a sliding door to a grass area (of course you still need to keep fido on a leash)
The Inn was quiet. Breakfast good but get there early as they tend to run out.
The room was clean, bathroom clean. The rooms are small but have a micro, tv and fridg.

Room Tip: Some rooms on main floor have designated parking and door open to your room. Dog stays free unless...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank retiredinidaho
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us! I'm glad that you had a safe trip and were able to travel with your doxie. We do enjoy four legged guests as well and have even been known to pet-sit when owners are out for the day. I am sorry that your experience at our breakfast bar was not well stocked when you arrived. I will address that issue right away. I hope you will come stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Corvallis, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stay at IHG hotels when I travel and this HIE is in the top 3 I've stayed in regarding price, style, rooms and staff. I stayed here in the "old days" before the remodel. Amazing renovation to entire facility. Rooms are comfortable and quiet, with a very nice work space. The new lobby is the best I've seen in a Holiday Inn Express.

But the best part, is the Front desk and staff are helpful, enthusiastic and truly care you are their guest.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us again! We are so happy to have you, and we are happy to get to share our new great room lobby with you. It is truly unique in style and spaciousness. My staff is amazing and we work hard to "impress" our guests. Thanks again, and I hope that you will continue to stay with us on your travels through Spokane!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

This was a great hotel. Very quiet, comfortable bed, warm room on a cold night. There was an outside entrance as well as an interior entrance, with a reserved parking spot right outside the room, which made bringing things in and out of the car very convenient. I booked with AAA rate, but at check-in when I mentioned I was visiting colleges with my daughter, the clerk gave me the lower Gonzaga rate.
Breakfast was simple, but the tables were clean and it wasn't crowded.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. We are very convenient for anyone going to or having business at Gonzaga University. We are virtually just across the street and do have a shuttle available if the weather happens to be unfavorable. Our rooms with outside entrances are very popular because of the convenience. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know and please come stay with us again. Go Bulldogs!
Florence, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I chose this hotel for its proximity to my conference at Gonzaga University. All the staff were super friendly and helpful. The snow/ice on the ground was unexpected and made walking a major challenge: not to worry, the hotel provides free shuttle service anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. I never had to wait more than a couple of minutes, and was taken downtown and back and forth to campus and restaurants. Like having a private chauffeur! The room was very clean and spacious with pretty much all the amenities you'd typically find in a Hilton or Sheraton, as well as a microwave and frig. Self-serve buffet breakfast (bacon, eggs, yogurt, muffins,...), 24 hour fresh coffee, and wifi internet included in room price. It was a bit annoying to have to reenter the wifi code each time I opened my ipad, but the bandwidth was very good. The shower had great water pressure and a massage head, but the pipes tended to squeal which rather encouraged an early exit. All in all, great value, handy location, extra nice staff. Highly recommend. BTW, the free shuttle also applies to the airport, which is about 20 minutes from downtown. Just call the hotel and they'll pick you up.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you so much for the great comments! I am so glad you had a great stay. Gonzaga is very close and normally walking there is great. However, when the weather is not cooperating, our shuttle service comes in very handy for trips to the campus and downtown. Thank you so much for staying with us and I hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Spokane.
Olympia, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

BEST HOTEL IN SPOKANE...and there are many great hotels here! I assume they must have excellent management as the staff here always go out of their way to make my stay wonderful. The woman with the accent in the breakfast area always seems to remember me. I'm not sure how since I only come here a few times a year, but she's amazing! I see she treats everyone like this, but it still makes me feel special to be recognized each time I stay here.

You just don't get this level of assistance at typical hotels these days - even the five star hotels. Perfect example: I came out to my rental car in the morning to find it was covered with snow. I immediately had wished I had brought gloves with me. I got in to start my car and suddenly a hotel employee was out clearing off the snow for me! He was so kind and friendly - what a great way to start the day! And yeah, the beds are extremely comfortable and the flat screen televisions with tons of channels are great too. However, the people are what make this place exceptional. I also received a HAND WRITTEN thank you card in the mail after my stay. To the management and staff - THANK YOU FOR Always Exceeding my Expectations!

Room Tip: Top floor with a view of downtown Spokane is nice
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Marrissa99,
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience! I have to agree that my breakfast bar manager is amazing! She takes care of the kitchen and dining area like they belong to her, and she takes care of our guests like they are her family and friends! I appreciate her so much. Thank you for noticing her outstanding performance. I will be certain to share your comments with her and the rest of the team! Please come stay with us again!
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

about this hotel. It's my hotel of choice when in Spokane. It is gorgeous, inside and out. The remodeled lobby is beautiful and so are the views from atop the rock. The staff are responsive, gracious, and accommodating. The service is truly outstanding, they will even dog-sit! The shuttle service is very handy. The complimentary breakfast is fantastic and so is the breakfast hostess. She is a huge asset, brightening your morning. Evenings are low key with small plates and cookies available, which mitigates the one small drawback which is no restaurant onsite. There are plenty around however. Rooms are comfortable and well-kept. I don't even need to consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Victoria B,
Thank you so much for staying with us and enjoying my staff. I have a great team that truly aspires to go above and beyond for our guests. We do have a great location with wonderful views. I really like that we are so close to everything downtown has to offer including restaurants, shopping and entertainment. Thank you for sharing your experience!
Covina, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

My 4th time in this beautiful hotel. Many thanks to Jordyn (who made the reservation process so simple for me). Also, I mistakenly locked my car keys in the trunk, and AAA, Enterprise and VW Dealer all left me without an answer. But, Jessie and Kyle (front desk) stayed with me, and figured out how to get in -- they were lifesavers. Thanks for them !! Bob Hammond

Room Tip: 4th floor was excellent, facing north was a beautiful view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us! The staff here really is wonderful and really want to see everyone have a great stay in Spokane at our hotel! They constantly look for solutions to problems to help our guests. We want you to feel like a part of the family. We appreciate your business and would like to invite you to come stay with us again when you are in Spokane!