“Good hotel”

Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Seattle, Washington
“Good hotel”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Decided to stay at this hotel because we wanted something close to river front park. It's kind of like a castle on the hill, which is good for fortification if ever attacked, but not so great if you are on foot and planning a walk. There are a lot of other hotels, like the red lion, right at the river park and falls that you could just walk out into the park. The hotel itself has a beautiful and impressive lobby and it made the breakfast really enjoyable. Even though there was still some construction, everything was clean. The rooms were just alright. We had a very small balcony which was a nice surprise, but everything else was just standard. Some of the staff were friendly, but others there for a job, no one had an attitude though. The one bad impression I did have was the woman cleaning the lobby dumped the waste directly down the storm drain in the parking lot. Not the most Eco friendly way to dispose of dirty water. Overall, a nice hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Mataturider,
Thank you for staying with us. I hope you enjoyed our 'castle' look. We are perched up on a 40' basalt rock. For those that like to walk, it is a short walk over to Riverfront Park. And for those that prefer, we also offer a complimentary shuttle ride to the Park and anywhere else downtown one might want to venture. Thank you for sharing your comments, and I would like to invite you to come stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
West Richland, Washington
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located across the river from the convention center. The Renno is all completed except for the main lobby entrance. They have a manager reception from 5 to 7 for drinks and a light but to eat. Another nice extra is they offer a free shuttle to wherever you might like to go. We took advantage of this on our second night here to go downtown for dinner. The room was very clean and nicely appointed. We were on the south side with a nice view of the city after dark. The s staff was very cheerful, friendly, and helpful with all our requests. We definitely will stay here again on our next visit to this city.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jim D,
Thank you for staying with us! And thank you for the great comments. I am glad to hear that your stay was great. We, as a staff, do strive to make everyone's stay with us stressfree. We are all enjoying our expanded breakfast bar and lobby and hope that our guests take advantage of the space as well. Please come stay with us again!
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

This HIE is the cream of the crop! Tanya is wonderful. Even though I previously booked a room she honored my hotel discount coupon. We had a lovely conversation. She gave me a quaint IGH reward gift bag. The lobby is enormous and very clean. The room was immaculate and Janice left a thank you card with candy. Breakfast area very clean well stocked by Dzenana she greeted everyone with a warm good morning and thank us with a card and Andes candies. She wished us a safe trip. I observed Jessie cheerfully greeting and petting a customers dog as they were leaving. We will definitely return to this HIE and tell all our friends about the excellent service we received.

• Stayed September 2013
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear 155shortround,
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your great comments. I will share your review with my staff at our upcoming employee meeting. We do focus on giving better than great customer service. Our hope is that our guests will feel welcomed and comfortable while staying with us. Please come stay with us again on your next trip to or through Spokane.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our first impression on driving up their driveway was their shuttle van was constricting traffic in and out of the parking lot. Second impression was opening the door to the temporary lobby, horrendous smell of room deodorizer. Third impression was the attitude of the check in clerk, "That smell is required by all Holiday Inn Expresses" with an attitude. I've never smelled it in any other H I E before. Fourth impression was when said clerk handed us our keys and told us our room number without the customary directions to elevator, room etc. Fifth impression was getting into the elevator that felt like a sauna, glad it was only one floor up. Sixth impression was looking at the floor when we entered our room, the carpet was filthy. Seventh impression was having to scout out where breakfast was then looking at it and thinking that if Seven Eleven served breakfast that is what it would look like. Final impression was thank goodness we're out of there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Fritique,
Thank you for staying with us. I am so sorry that your impression of our hotel was less than satisfactory. Please accept my apology for any indiscretion you experienced while you were here. I will use your comments in further training my staff on proper attitude and hotel etiquette. The good news is that we have moved our front desk back out to the newly renovated lobby, and breakfast is also more presentable in our newly renovated breakfast bar and dining area. I would like to invite you to come stay with us again, so that maybe we can change your impression of our hotel and our staff service. Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 5, 2013

They have recently completed a full renovation of this hotel and did an exceptional job. The outside of lobby entry is still under construction but looks like it will be equally impressive. A side door to the lobby is adequate in the mean time.
The rooms are fully renovated and nicely furnished with very comfortable beds. The bathroom is a bit tight but not too bad.
The staff was exceptional!! There is a manager's reception Mon, Tue and Wed. They also have light dinners which I was unable to experience due to work commitments.
I travel extensively for business and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jim C,
Thank you so much for staying with us! Our new lobby/dining area is amazing! Thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed our new space and also for letting me know how great my staff has been. I do have a great team! I will share your comments with them at our next employee meeting. Please come back and stay with us again on your next trip to Spokane!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nice hotel however they did have some renovations going on. The rooms were already done.
The location was great. My husband and I are impressed with Holiday Inn Expresses they have all been nice and they have a good price point. I worked for Hilton Hotels for 26 years and these hotels are nicer than a lot of Hilton's that I have stayed in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Valerie B,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind words. We do have a very nice location near most everything that downtown Spokane has to offer. Because of our location on top of this basalt rock, the view is incredible all the way around. I hope that you will come stay with us again on your next trip to Spokane!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We arrived in the late afternoon . The staff went out of their way to be helpful. The Main lobby was under renovations so the setup was not optimal but the staff more than made up for it. They suggested several places for us to go. It is a short walk to the river park which is very beautiful.
My first visit to Spokane but it won't be my last. The breakfast was great and again the ladies there were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear CharissaDawn,
Thank you so much for staying with us. And thank you for sharing the compliments about my staff. I do have a great staff! Everyone is willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay great! We also have a great location, near the Spokane River, Riverfront Park, and everything downtown Spokane has to offer. We have moved our front desk and breakfast bar/dining out into our new lobby. It creates a much more relaxing check in and dining process. I hope that you will come stay with us again!