New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Doubletree Spokane - great rooms , with great views of the river and park. Excellent location to convention center - just a little far from the downtown area - a good 10 minute walk along the river. Perhaps they could offer shuttle. Pool area is nice and well maintained.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The view of the river was beautiful, the bar had a great happy hour, the beds were comfortable and there is a great Italian restaurant (Luigi's) across the street. I did not enjoy paying for parking particularly since we were on motorcycles and used no space in the garage. We parked on a slab before entering. Total unnecessary charge.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed the stay , I wanted a specific room which I was unable to get but a few staff members really worked hard to make happen but they were booked , there were some super friendly staff members who gave me TONS of cookies !!! Pretty decent restaurant it cost 10$ to eat a typical continental but the staff was really attentive .The only detractor was staying on the 15th floor and we had never stayed that high, and for a week made us REALLY dizzy but that's to be expected . All in all it was a great experience !!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you were able to stay in one of our corner rooms, the layout and additional windows provide some great views. I also see that you may prefer to not stay on high floors. That is not an uncommon request and I would even suggest you add that as a request to future reservations to make sure you are more comfortable.
Thanks again and hope to see you back soon.
Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I'll start with the pros: Property location is convenient for travel downtown and close enough to I90 for quick trips to the Valley or CDA. Staff were quite friendly. I received the standard DoubleTree cookie along with truffles and Rates were fair for my brief 3 night stay.

Cons: Parking facility $12 a day (although I got a 50% discount for being HHonors Diamond), the facility is located beneath Convention Center- it's a hike! Property is dated - primarily interior, especially the bathrooms. The entire bathroom felt like I was stepping back into 1980.

I travel for business 3 weeks a month and a functioning iron is essential. My first in room iron would not heat up, I was short on time so I left my shirt in the bathroom as I showered ankle deep in water as the shower barely drained. This helped "steam" my shirt, but nonetheless I left for a day of business meetings with a semi wrinkly shirt. I briefly returned to the hotel that afternoon I dropped by the front desk and requested that a new iron be sent up before the evening. I had a dinner that evening that required a ironing touch-up. Iron #2 leaked all over my shirt and the plate once again failed to heat. I had to wear a sweater in 100 degree July weather that night. I notified the front desk of my difficulties and the front desk staff were kind enough to send up a 3rd iron along with an apology card. The card also contained two vouchers for a meal and drink at Spencer's. While this was positive customer service, a meal voucher at 9pm the night prior to check out is a kind impractical gesture.

In all this was an average to below average Hilton experience. I would only choose to stay again if my other go-to hotels in the Spokane area were booked up.

Green Features: The hotel has placed both recycle and trash bins in both the room and bathroom.
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here in Spokane. I was very sorry to see that we fell short of expectations, yours and mine. I will be reviewing your review with my team and our procedures for faulty irons to make sure we fix them or discard them to make sure they do not get recirculated back into our inventory. I was happy to read that we made the attempt to apologize but I am sorry we did not catch that you were departing the following morning.
Thank you again and I do hope you are able to stay with us in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. The parking fee of $12 per day was an unpleasant surprise. I don't know what else to say to fill up the required 200 characters. blablablablablablablablabla.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Being attached to the convention center makes the hotel convenient for events. Pathways and parks along the river and falls are just out the door. Great location if you are a runner. It's few blocks walk to shopping. There are only a couple restaurants outside the hotel that are truly convenient. Staff was pleasant. Hotel was clean but felt just a bit worn. Parking was inconvenient and expensive for a smaller western city. I would stay at the Doubletree again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Ok, the good stuff. Location is ok.

Now the rest.

Could not get help with my luggage (even after telling staff I required assistance due to sever arthritis, was told to wait outside till someone arrived.

NO cookie! A HUGE failing at a Doubletree.

Coffee bar, Shutters, lived up to its name by being shut 20 hours a day. Apparently having staff to actually serve customers and take their money is not part of the Business plan. Spenser's steakhouse? OK food, HORRIFIC prices! AVOID!!! I paid 75 bucks for a hunk of dead cow and a baked potato. No drinks, no salad, no dessert. 75 US dollars. Heck I can buy a whole cow for that!

Front desk staff simply does not care. They act as if the guest is an interruption to their business rather than the reason for their business.

I tried to get my car and waited 10 minutes while the clerk completed a private phone call to discuss his evening plans, when asked for the keys he found them after some searching and waved me out to the parking lot, presumably he had an important personal call to take. I did not stick around to find out. Found my car after a brief search.

Sorry, but I stay at Doubletrees a number of times throughout the year and this is the worst performance I have ever seen from the chain, and no, a "We look forward to serving you again" excuse is simply not going to cut it, I will NEVER spend my money at this hotel again. Sorry, you had your chance to serve me and you blew it. Never again!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else! A Motel 6 gives the same indifferent service at better prices.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business