“Needs refreshing, but overall good stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago
“Needs refreshing, but overall good stay”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for four nights for a conference, and overall it was great! All of the employees I encountered were extremely friendly and helpful. When I checked in, I was upgraded to a suite (I do have Diamond status with HHonors), and that was a very nice, unexpected treat! I received water in the room, a small box of truffles, and turndown service with Andes mints, which was all wonderful. The bed was very comfortable, and I loved the down comforter. The bathrooms need major renovations, as the sinks and lighting are really old and outdated. The location was fabulous, and my room had a very nice view of the river. I cannot say enough good things about the restaurant! My colleagues and I ate there every night because the menu had a ton of great items, and their happy hour was amazing! I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I was in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed May 16, 2014

What may look like just another fine conference hotel is so much more. The staff make this a great place to be. They take a great location in a hidden treasure of a city and push it over the top with a great staff. Looking forward to returning with my family for just fun next time..thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Murcia, Spain
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The Doubletree is right by the Convention and the arts centre as well as wonderful Riverside Park with great views over the city centre falls and adjacent to Downtown which has been revived by the billions invested here.

A classic Doubletree, good service and comfortable. We had a room on the 10th (HHonors) floor with a good view towards the river. There was a refrigerator and coffee maker but no safe.

We had to ask for our warm cookies but they were delicious. Better than the average chocolate chip! Also, as HHonors Gold, we got free Internet (should be free for all!) and rather meanly, only free Continental breakfast. In the past, we have been offered full breakfast at Doubletrees but this one, like so many Hilton properties, are downgrading the privileges they give to their Gold and Diamond members.

We walked to the wonderfully restored 1910s Davenport Hotel and took advantage of their 3-course $17.95 earlybird menu. Seemed much better value than what was on offer at the Doubletree steakhouse.

Spokane was a real surprise and we enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree.

Room Tip: Also check out the wonderfully restored Davenprot Hotel
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed at the Spokane Doubletree during a college graduation. Even though the hotel was fully booked, the staff made our stay seem like we were the only guests. They contacted us in advance to be sure the reservation was correct and when we arrived, everything was exactly as we were promised. We would definitely recommend this hotel for either family or business trips.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Redmond, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Front desk appeared lazy and did not know what was going on in the front of their hotel. Lack of strong leadership/management. Extremely poor VALET service considering they are busy and next to a performing arts and conference center. Not enough staff to handle VALET. Honestly I am not sure this manager understands the VALET service provided at similar hotels. Lack of concern from front desk when issues brought up. Overall the manager of this hotel should be removed, the staff were commenting to my wife and I how bad the manager was which did not represent the company well. For our first trip to downtown Spokane this was very disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent trip to Spokane. As I mentioned in my email to you this afternoon, I am sorry for both the service we provided at valet and how we handled the situation when you brought it to our attention. Your comments are taken very seriously and are being used along with some feedback from the team to revisit training in both areas as well as staffing. I can also assure you that the manager over those areas is a very capable person and will make every effort to correct this from occurring in the future.
Thanks again and I do hope you give us another opportunity to be your host in the future.
San Francisco, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2014

From the welcoming staff and warm cookie to the comfortable bed and pillow, this hotel was most pleasant to stay in. The breakfast waitress even remembered our order from the day before(in spite of a fully booked hotel) and was most helpful, as was all the staff. We had a very attractive view of the river as well. The housekeeper greeted us also and offered any assistance we might need.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Great hotel, close to downtown and Gonzaga's campus, with as many as you want fabulous warm chocolate chip cookies! We have stayed here many times during my daughter's college years and have always found everything to be great about this hotel.