“Convenient and clean”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle
“Convenient and clean”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here previously and would stay again, with a few changes on my next stay. Would choose a floor above 5th for a better view. Was there on a convention, and they do a good job of handling the issues one could have with a convention. check in was easy, room service was quick, if a little pricy. Rooms were clean. Had a premium room which gave us a little more (not a lot!) space. Hotel could use larger bathrooms and better closets, but I guess with an older hotel it would be difficult to changes these things easily. Beds were comfortable. AC a bit noisy.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience and thank you for being a return guest. It is always nice to read comments from our regular guests. I was also glad to see that you were pleased with our handling of your convention.

We hope to see you back on your next trip and please do request a higher floor, the views from all sides are quite impressive.

Thanks again,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel in the past, including before it was a Doubletree. My recollection of the pre-Doubletree days was that the place was getting a bit run down. Not so any more: this Doubletree is in excellent condition, the staff are very nice and professional, the rooms and amenities are well appointed. My stay here was very much appreciated and I had no issues to speak of. I will definitely stay here again when future travel brings me back to the Spokane area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the river - great view! I stayed in room 1518 and really appreciated the sp...
Green Features: I do appreciate the water conservative fixtures in the bathroom as well as the packaging for the toiletries being from recycled material. I don't really care much for the towel policy, though. If we are going to agree to not have the towels changed, what's in it for me, the customer?
1 Thank IMNRG
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Spokane experience. If you have been coming to our hotel for that long you have definitely seen millions of dollars worth of upgrades. It’s nice to see it noticed.
Thanks again, I really appreciate the comments, especially from someone out of my hometown.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel several times for business. Individual heat/air conditioning for each room with nice comforters. Sleep really well here (no thermostat limitations, so I can set the temperature cool for sleeping at night). Room with a view of the river. Nice location by a park (jogging/walking) and right next to the convention center. Great door men steered me toward a nice restaurant (Fast Eddies) that had 1/2 price burgers and cheap happy hour. Never had a problem at this hotel in the dozen times I have stayed, and I have always slept well.

Room Tip: I like the rooms that over look the river/jogging path.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great comments and for being a regular guest. We really appreciate the feedback and will share it with the team. We are fortunate to have some great bar and restaurant options within walking distance and Fast Eddies is one of them.
We look forward to seeing you back soon.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked a room at the Doubletree completely without prior research or knowledge of the hotel. I won a room on Priceline for my one night business trip to Spokane so I really was not sure what to expect until I arrived. The hotel is ideally located. It is on the edge of downtown Spokane from the front, hugs the river and adjacent park from the rear, and is attached by a skybridge to the Spokane Convention Center. I was in town for a one day function at the Convention Center and was able to walk from my room to the center without ever stepping outside in less than five minutes of time. For this alone, the hotel is worth serious consideration if you are staying in town for business. The hotel shares a parking garage with the Convention Center.I believe the rate is $12.00 per day with unlimited in and out priviledges by inserting your room key into the gate. The valet rate is $22.00 per night, I believe, and is entirely unnecessary. Save the money and park your own car. It is a short walk. I was able to leave the car parked into the afternoon, even after having checked out, until my business was done and I was not charged extra.

I have read through the reviews and did not experience any of the complaints or troubles others have spoken of. My room looked exactly as is depicted in the photos and was spotlessly clean. I can usually spot dirt and uncleanliness in hotel rooms, but I honestly saw nothing in my room at the Doubletree. There was no dirt in crevices or under the beds. There was no discoloration or disrepaired grout and so on in the bathroom. There were no scuffs on the walls. My room looked to have been renovated recently and was being professionally cleaned and maintained. Someone spoke of the furniture being that of style over comfort. I do not agree. My room had the same comfortable oversized chair as is in the photos. It also had a comfortable desk chair and ideal business desk. Yes, the heating unit makes ridiculous noise, but it was no louder than those in most hotel rooms. This is something you have to just expect when you travel. I utilized the gym and found it to be tops. It was as good as any you will find in hotels with plenty of dumbells, fitness mats, and modern high end commercial cardio equipment with attached cardio theater. The room service is marked up to a laughable degree in pricing, but this is true of practically any hotel. I ate breakfast at the lobby restaurant and had the breakfast buffet. It was a bit overpriced, but convenient for my business next door. I walked away full.

I really have no complaints about the Doubletree. I guess if I could find anything at all to constructively critique it would be merely that the hotel is a bland hotel without a lot of character. There was simply nothing fun and exciting about staying there, but it suited all of my needs, the staff were friendly, and the facilities were clean. There was a large high school group staying in the hotel the night I was there and I feared being kept awake, yet I heard nothing of any other guests. The bed was very comfortable. The pillows were a tad too soft for my personal taste, but that is just me. As I said, I really have no complaints. I read a few reviews on this site where people bickered back and forth and even raked the hotel over the coals about the cookies at the front desk. Really!? Seriously folks, if eating cookies during the check in process is a high priority factor in selecting a hotel I think you need to take a long hard look in a mirror and do some soul searching. If you need to travel to Spokane for business or vacation and need a centrally located hotel you should consider the Doubletree. Examine your priorities and needs in comparison to the other downtown hotels. I recommend searching for rates online because I paid less than half of the hotel's website rate. As I said, it is not a historic, hip, boutique or character driven hotel. However it is clean and professionally managed and maintained with an ideal location for business or pleasure in Spokane. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Wow, thank you for such a detailed review full of compliments and constuctive feedback. It looks like you are a pretty seasoned traveler which makes your comments even more special. I really appreciate the time you took to share this and hope we see you back soon.
Spokane, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Double Tree is a nice enough hotel, but for the money, NO. I stayed there because of an event at the Spokane Conferenc eCenter. I was disappointed that there are no amenities in the room. No complimentary coffee. Satellite TV lacks choices, and is extremely slow to change channels. Why do I have to pay for "faster" WIFI? On the updside, I do like their lotion that they provide.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay. I would like to apologize for not showing the value you had expected.
We do provide in-room coffee but it is placed in our dresser cabinet which from a design standpoint looks nice but admittedly makes it difficult to find. I was also sorry to see that you were not happy with our TV selections. We put quite a bit of research into it when we purchased our LCD TV's and found that this provider was faster and we were able to provide about 40 channels, half in HD.
Thank you again and we hope we have the opportunity to host you again in the future.
Odessa, Washington
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Excellent service, clean rooms, able to manage a large group very well. Starbucks coffee available. Hot chocolate chip cookies offered at checkin. Rooms were ready on arrival and departure went smoothly. Great location near Riverfront Park, restaurants and downtown shopping.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the great comments about your recent stay here in Spokane. Our hotel serves all kinds of guests and one of them is large convention attendees. It was great to see the positive feedback about our service and location.

Thank you again and we hope to be able to host your group in the future.
Battle Ground, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The room was clean and just as I would like it. Staff was responsive to my needs. Great view of Riverfront Park from my room. As always, the warm cookie was a nice touch. At times the elevators seemed a bit on the slow side, but they got me where they needed to go. I found the room to be quite comfortable and very usable.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the comments about your recent stay here in Spokane. It was great to see that you enjoyed your experience and not a surprise to see that you liked our DoubleTree Cookies. I am sorry that our elevators were not running fast during your stay, I assume they must have had heavy usage due to business levels.
Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon.