“It was fine.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 8, 2013

So we stayed at the Double Tree(DT) I liked that they let my friend check into her room before we got there, even though I was the credit card holder. They sent her food to my room though. The steal at Spencer's was ok but that's all we ate from there so I can't comment on the whole menu. You could tell that it's an older hotel. They did have the Yummy Warm Cookies that the DT is known for. Good beds. We have an 8 month old and would have liked to have a bit more room. Valet was a bit below par, but they did keep our vehicle right up front. Its right next to everything so that is a plus.This hotel has its positives and negatives. If you just need a room and nothing else it's your place. But if you need a bit more luxury and expect a bit more, maybe this is not the place you need.

• Stayed: March 2013
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your comments; we really do appreciate guest feedback. I would like to apologize for the confusion with your room service order and your valet experience. I hope we were able to resolve both quickly. We take pride in the service our team provides so seeing that you did not get to experience that is disappointing.
I am glad you enjoyed the cookie and our great beds and hope to see you on your ext trip to Spokane.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,244)

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Not much choice for eating and entertainment.
Spencer's very expensive mediocre at best. Jacuzzi tub loud. Long time and noisy draining. It was a working weekend at convention center and skywalk was unavailable. So we had to walk in rain.heater very loud. Seams in carpet coming apart. Needs updating.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay here at our hotel. I was sorry to see your comments about dining and apologize for not meeting expectations. We are fortunate to have several restaurants very close to the hotel ranging from Mexican to Italian so if you do return to Spokane we would be happy to help with options. I am also sorry that the connector to the convention center was not open. They usually open it if they have events with guests in our hotel.
Thanks again for your time and I hope you will give us another opportunity to host you in the future.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

What an enjoyable experience from arrival to departure! They defintely make sure you are well taken care of!! Called for additional bath towels and housekeeping arrived so quick that I wasn't expecting them at the door! Great service and friendly attitude!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Doubletree and found it to be mediocre at best. The heater - A/C unit was brutally noisy. It was so loud it would wake me up every time it turned on at night. There was no refrigerator or safe in the room for me to use. The shower/tub was so slow draining that I was standing in above ankle deep water by the time my shower was through. The caulking was falling out of most joints in the bathroom. The appearance of the building is old and outdated. The steakhouse restaurant was so prohibitively expensive ($35 for a steak) that I walked out of there and went to the great Italian place 3 blocks away (Luigi's). there was no complimentary/continental breakfast either. I get a better experience at a Motel 6 than I did here. I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
3  Thank Cory R
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Spokane. We appreciate your candid review of our property and apologize for the issues you experienced in your room and bathroom and will work to get these areas are repaired. While we still have much more work to do, we have spent nearly $5 million on renovations since 2009. Thank you again for your review - we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was in Spokane for work, got in late and had to leave early. The beds were heavenly and the room was quiet. My only complaint about the room is that I was sharing with another woman from work and it would have been nice to have a mirror for makeup and hair that wasn't in the bathroom. We had a nice breakfast in the hotel...the waitress was super and guided us to a good choice! Overall my stay was short but really nice. I would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay here in Spokane. Your experience in Shutters Restaurant for breakfast is no surprise; the breakfast servers and kitchen crew do a fantastic job.
Thanks again and I hope your next trip allows more time to explore our great city.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree in Spokane on our getaway weekend. The room was clean but the bathroom was in definite need of updating. The hotel was with walking distance of everything that we wanted to do and see. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

It was nice to see that you enjoyed your getaway weekend here in Spokane. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and hope to see you on your next getaway.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great quality and really great price. Within walking distance to everything you could want plus shuttle service to and from the airport.

Was greeted with courtesy and efficiency at the airport which continued all throughout my stay. The location is great for morning runs along the river and a night on the town.

Highly recommended for sure.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the great comments. I can’t wait to share your feedback with the team. We talk about the importance of the first impression and that for many of our guests it starts with our airport pick-ups. Also glad to see you enjoyed the Centennial Trail and our downtown location.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon.