“Old building, needs critical updating” 2 of 5 bubbles

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Old building, needs critical updating”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Doubletree and found it to be mediocre at best. The heater - A/C unit was brutally noisy. It was so loud it would wake me up every time it turned on at night. There was no refrigerator or safe in the room for me to use. The shower/tub was so slow draining that I was standing in above ankle deep water by the time my shower was through. The caulking was falling out of most joints in the bathroom. The appearance of the building is old and outdated. The steakhouse restaurant was so prohibitively expensive ($35 for a steak) that I walked out of there and went to the great Italian place 3 blocks away (Luigi's). there was no complimentary/continental breakfast either. I get a better experience at a Motel 6 than I did here. I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
3 Thank Cory R
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Spokane. We appreciate your candid review of our property and apologize for the issues you experienced in your room and bathroom and will work to get these areas are repaired. While we still have much more work to do, we have spent nearly $5 million on renovations since 2009. Thank you again for your review - we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Buckley, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was in Spokane for work, got in late and had to leave early. The beds were heavenly and the room was quiet. My only complaint about the room is that I was sharing with another woman from work and it would have been nice to have a mirror for makeup and hair that wasn't in the bathroom. We had a nice breakfast in the hotel...the waitress was super and guided us to a good choice! Overall my stay was short but really nice. I would stay there again for sure!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay here in Spokane. Your experience in Shutters Restaurant for breakfast is no surprise; the breakfast servers and kitchen crew do a fantastic job.
Thanks again and I hope your next trip allows more time to explore our great city.
BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree in Spokane on our getaway weekend. The room was clean but the bathroom was in definite need of updating. The hotel was with walking distance of everything that we wanted to do and see. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
It was nice to see that you enjoyed your getaway weekend here in Spokane. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and hope to see you on your next getaway.
Stanley, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great quality and really great price. Within walking distance to everything you could want plus shuttle service to and from the airport.

Was greeted with courtesy and efficiency at the airport which continued all throughout my stay. The location is great for morning runs along the river and a night on the town.

Highly recommended for sure.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the great comments. I can’t wait to share your feedback with the team. We talk about the importance of the first impression and that for many of our guests it starts with our airport pick-ups. Also glad to see you enjoyed the Centennial Trail and our downtown location.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Doubletree is quite central in Spokane, and that makes it super convenient. It has a complimentary shuttle to/from the airport which makes it a good value. Rooms and hotel are ageing (it is an old building), but is maintained as best as possible.

Food at the buffet for breakfast is very cheap and decent. Starbucks and Spencer's in the lobby, with the River Trail behind the hotel.

All in all, a good stay and the staff are great.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your Spokane experience. Your great comments about our staff, location and our restaurants are truly appreciated. My maintenance team will also be happy to see that their hard work does not go unrecognized.
Thanks again and we hope to see you back in Spokane soon.
Havre, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed 2-nights at Double Tree downtown Spokane. Room was clean, but as I see in some other comments the heating/cooling system needs to operate properly, we could not turn the fan off at all it whirled all night and day..In fact when checking in there was another person that was upset over the heater/cooling system in his room, that he was demanding another room but he liked the view from his first room and was very upset over it. Also the deadbolt in the entry door did not operate properly, when you closed the door you had to turn the handle inside down and then turn the handle outside down in order to hold the dead bolt in while you shut the door from the outside..The coffee maker in the room was so - so did not seem to heat the coffee up to a hot temp. the bathroom was needing a update remodel. The beds seemed newer but to me & my wife were uncomfortable.The location is very good within walking distance to stores and eatries, Service at front desk was friendly and fast check in. I think this Double Tree would be my 2nd chioce or further down the list of hotels when I stay again in Spokane.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay here in Spokane. I do apologize for any inconvenience caused by the heater and the deadbolt and I am sorry that we were not able address them while you were here. Thanks for the great comments about our staff and location and I do hope get the opportunity to see you again.
Lewiston, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

This property has excellent downtown location, right next door to the Spokane convention center. Restaurants on main floor & directly across the street. Rooms are spacious & comfortable. I was most impressed with the superb level of customer service at all points of contact. Rooms are a bit pricy -- I was here on a business trip, the room paid for by my employer -- I wouldn't have paid $180 for the room (incl. all fees & taxes) for this room when The Davenport is 2 blocks away & has rooms available for $150.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback about our hotel and the service we provided. I cannot agree more about our location, downtown out front, river out back the convention center next door. I was also pleased to see that you were able to experience the service my team works so hard to maintain. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Spokane.