DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I only saw my room, but it was one on the end that was in the shape of an L, giving ample room for the work desk, which I appreciated. It also had 2 comfortable chairs with footstools to watch TV or read. Loved those. Beds were comfy, shower great, restaurant was excellent. But the best part of the hotel was the proximity to the river and how pretty that was.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your comments about our hotel. You were in our most popular room, what we refer to has our corner premium rooms. I also agree with you about the river behind the hotel and the best part is it is beautiful all year, winter, spring, summer and fall.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,243)

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel has an excellent location (right next to the convention center), and the staff at the front desk is polite and very helpful. However, it is an very old hotel and really needs renovation. My room had an AC unit that's so loud that I had to turn it off so that I can sleep (my colleague who was traveling with me, and had his own room made the same complaint).

I also ate lunch at the steakhouse (part of the hotel), the food was only OK. I asked the waitress not to put cheese in my salad, and she did exactly that. Unfortunately, she forgot that there is "quite a bit of" cheese in the salad dressing - I was glad that I only took one bite, otherwise, I may have to extend my stay in Spokane.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for staying with us here in Spokane. We appreciate your candid review of our property and your experience. We value feedback and use it to make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. It is possible that the heating and cooling unit needs to be serviced if it was loud so we will work to identify your room location and have it looked at. I will also review your comments my restaurant manager.
Thank you again we hope you will return and see our improvements.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The room was spacious and comfortable. The hotel is conveniently located in the downtown area where everything is within walking distance (movies, mall, restaurants, etc.). Great stay for joggers since the park running trail is just right behind the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We have several regular guests who are also runners that take advantage of the 37 mile long Centennial Trail. It is really a unique feature and we are lucky to be on it.
We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Clean, comfortable room. Staff was efficient and pleasant. Hotel is adjacent to the conference center, so going from room to conference was dry and easy. Conference deal offered room at reasonable price, but when I had to shorten my planned length of stay, had to pay for all the nights of the original reservation. Knew it ahead of time, so it was no surprise, but didn't make the room much of a bargain after all.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

You won't make a mistake to go at this hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful, the room service is very good and the place is clean.

However, although it has the title "Hilton", it could have been one of the many hotels we have been to. There was no "extra" experience to be there. And although I was not there for that, it has been difficult to take a look at the Baseball World Series as the tv reception was unreliable. Very often in fact, we lost the signal. It was somewhat funny, but not expected in an Hilton.

On the wifi-side, the complimentary service was very good. No need to pay for the extra service.

Finally, don't forget that this hotel has a very efficient free shuttle to the airport.

Room Tip: Avoid the third floor which has a tunnel to go to the convention center.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the great feedback on your stay here in Spokane. We appreciate the nice comments about our staff, room service and our airport shuttle. We will also make sure to focus on the “extra” you mentioned because that is our goal, we want your experience to be special. I was also sorry to see the TV reception comment but I assume this was due to the dispute our satellite provider was having with that station. Thankfully it has been settled but it was after your departure.

Thanks again and I hope we see you on your next trip to Spokane.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

The room was very clean and comfortable. Kudos to the hotel cleaning staff:) I didn't like the fact that we had to pay for parking. When we checked in, the desk attendant didn't explain the parking process- we had to go park, then go all the way back through the parkade with our luggage to get back to the lobby to access the elevator to our room. A less mobile person would have difficulty with this. Our friend had booked our room online so our room was prepaid through Hotels.com. I just happened to check our my Mastercard statement when I got home and found out they had billed me for the room even though it was prepaid! I am waiting to hear from the hotel for a reconciliation. We never ate there because the items on the menu seemed very expensive- $42 for a steak is way too much.

Room Tip: Book one over the river. Ours looked over a roof on the street side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent trip to Spokane. I am sorry that we did not clearly explain the self parking process and have already reminded the team to make sure we spend more time reviewing our self parking at check-in. I assume that your billing was reconciled but if not, please do not hesitate to contact myself or our finance department so we can get it corrected.
Thanks again and I will pass on the kudos to the housekeeping department.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

It's pricey, but they do have a discount for folks visiting Gonzaga. We stayed on the 10th floor, which had a great view overlooking the city; the room was a good size, everything was neat and clean. It was also quiet, and the bed was comfy so I slept really well! They don't have any form of free breakfast, and I never got any of these cookies other people talked about. The location is convenient, right on the river path and near downtown so you can pretty much walk wherever you want to go. Overall, good value for the price and a nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple