“Good, not great.”

Churchill's Steakhouse
Ranked #13 of 912 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st Avenue
Reviewed March 8, 2013

For those of you who've been to the better steakhouses, you'll understand exactly where I'm coming from....

Churchill's in Spokane was good, it wasn't great. It was just missing the little things. My salad was underdressed or else the dressing had little taste. However, the rest of my Caesar was well done. I had the bone-in filet, their signature cut. Again, this wasn't as memorable as Bob's in Dallas or Del Frisco's in Denver. I asked for mid rare. I got a good crisp char on the outside, but the inside was cool. In my book that's rare, but I didn't send it back because it was still edible.

I, did however, love the atmosphere. Anytime you can eat in a basement, I am a fan. They have an upstairs with windows, too, but (you know who you are) if you're a fan of the old school steakhouse that oozes testosterone, it's not a bad place to eat.

2  Thank Scott M

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Went to Churchill's Saturday evening during restaurant week the food was outstanding. The normal prices are a little spendy but well worth the price. The steaks are so tender and juicy and very well seasoned and cooked exactly the way you like. The cost for my wife and I including drinks and tip was around $125, She had Fillet Mignon and I had the Ribeye. They also have a HappyHour downstiars at the bar/lounge hear its awesome..

1  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I saved this place for my Birthday and I wasn't disappointed. We had been there before the new reopening and were impresssed with the new look. I couldn't have asked for a better dinning experience. The service was impecable, the food was excellent and the staff was always helpful with suggestions. I love the way they bring the steak tray to your table to pick out your meal. The Chocolate sack was better than cake. The Churchhills Cabernet was such a great wine with my Cowboy Ribeye steak. Can't wait to go again. It's pricey but soooo worth it. If you want to have an impressive dinner you have to eat here.

1  Thank Cowboydavy115
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The service at Churchill's is always excellent as is the food and experience. Perfect for all special occassions.

2  Thank BiancaE-Oakwood
Reviewed February 17, 2013

D-. when I pay over $125. not including tip and am treated to an over salted main course, I feel cheated. The steaks are supposed to be special but the salt content ruined the flavour.