“Amazingly great.”

Churchill's Steakhouse
Ranked #17 of 898 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st Avenue
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We hosted a large dinner party at the restaurant for the holidays, and this was my first visit here. First off, it's expensive....but worth every dollar. The filet's, porterhouse, strip steaks, and seafood were all incredible, as were the appetizers, including the Scottish Smoked Salmon, Prawn Cocktail, Escargot, and **great** cocktails. Excellent wine list, fantastic desserts and timely, understated service.

3  Thank Driver1969

Reviewed December 2, 2012

So, we read the reviews and decided to patronize this steakhouse. It was very nice inside. took a few minutes to be greeted and seated in our online reserved table. Was about 80% full, but took about 10 minutes for a server to arrive to take drink and food order. Yes, we ordered food and drinks at same time.... means we're hungry!

Very nice server, water kept filled, food came in a timely manner. Portion size was a little skimpy as there was about 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes and a tiny portion of snow peas. Rolls were fresh and hot. Filet was slightly undercooked and tasted fine. Not as tender as I would have expected from Prime beef.

Macaroni and cheese is a must if you like sharp cheese. They use Cougar Gold and that was soooo comforting! Should be a regular option instead of mashed potatoes.

For dessert, try the sack. It is a chocolate sack (think school lunch sack) filled with berries, mousse, and cake. I think it was worth the cost.

They have a really nice masculine bar downstairs with a live piano man playing.

1  Thank happy-hour175
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife, mom and son and I had dinner at Churchills Saturday night. Without a doubt this was the finest meal ever consumed; we had two Cowboy Steaks, Bruschetta, Escargot all Churchill's Style which as far as I am concerned sets the Standard of Excellence. Not only was the food and service Top Drawer, but the ambiance being downstairs in the Lounge with the Piano, Big Screen Televisions, and even being visited by the proprietors, Bill and Renie Alles, just checking on how our evening was on occasion really sets this place a part. This is not only the best Steak House in Spokane, I would definately put it up against any Steak House ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! The steaks melted in your mouth and unlike most Steak Houses the steaks are served with fresh snap peas and garlic mashed potatoes. Their made fresh daily in house rolls are almost worth the trip by themselves! Of course you can order sides if you want and we had the Cougar Gold Mac and Cheese....Oh Daddy! And Renie makes their cakes and we had a five layered Carrot Cake and Coconut Cake, Fabulous! Thanks for an the experience, Churchill's, we will be back! Andersons

2  Thank Ron A
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Davenport Towers and walked to this restaurant. I would describe it as a rich looking classical place that had excellent food and ambiance. This would be the place for that special couples occasion - romantic.

2  Thank Purplesapphire56
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love a big bold wine so what a better place to find one than at a steakhouse. This has been a hidden treasure that I just stumbled upon. Not only are the wines amazing, the steak and if you want something light, the appetizers are amazing...try the steamer clams, made right in front of you, and even the Prime Rib Tips...so so good!!! The service is great and Sean will make sure your bar experience is a great one...and how could I forget the piano man, great tunes all night long. This is the place!!!

2  Thank spjalapeno

Been to Churchill's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!