“Ok for an evening's stop.” 3 of 5 stars

Comfort Inn University District / Downtown
Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Ok for an evening's stop.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I choose this hotel despite its mid list rating on TA because I have good luck at Comfort Inns and since it was hoop weekend, other hotels were filled or had jacked up the prices.This hotel was not easy to get into given the construction, but that won't last forever. The room was just ok, a few stains on the carpets but generally clean. Unfortunately, the pool, though open 24 hours, was not the cleanest. The breakfast was your typical chain hotel fare, cold items, bagels to toast, and those ubiquitous motel waffles. Not complaining, I enjoyed my bagel, cheerios, juice and yogurt and was full 'til lunch time. I found the staff in the hotel helpful. Though the woman at the desk on check-in was not into animated greetings, she checked us in quickly; later when I came down to get 5 dollars in quarters for the laundry machine, she sent someone to a nearby gas station to get more change, and I got what I needed quickly enough. The laundry machines worked well. Later she gave me directions that got me out of the hotel avoiding most of the construction, All in all this was a typical hotel for the 65-85 dollar range, so I have no complaints.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sammamish, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed there one night. The room was very clean, but tired in appearance and the low ceiling tiles made the room feel small and dark. The beds were comfortable and we slept all right, and the breakfast was just adequate to get some fuel for the day. We checked out the pool in the evening and I was really put off by lots of hair on the pool deck. The pool itself didn't seem too clean either. The hotel is a little difficult to reach because of construction but that's not the hotel's fault. The desk clerks were polite and friendly and efficient. Overall it was nothing special at all but fine for travelling through. I might stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed there on Hoopfest weekend and had little choice of vacancies for hotels. Charged way too much for room quality but understand supply and demand. Room was adequate but when going to bed found short hairs and sandy grit under pillows. In morning when I asked the employee who was maintaining the coffee bar in lobby where the ice machine was his response was "I don't know" and walked away. When we went to make pot of coffee n room in morning the coffee machine still had an old coffee pod inside. On checking out clerk at desk asked how our stay was and when I said not great she stopped talking and said nothing else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Claire P

Travelers are raving about these Spokane hotels

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. He appreciated that I was an Emerald member. The room was quiet and comfortable. The value was excellent. I was disappointed they didn't offer sausage or bacon for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

It was a pretty basic Comfort Inn. It was really hard to get to due to the construction on the highway and the construction on 3rd Avenue. It was also rush hour and we had 4 lanes to get across to make the turn onto 3rd Ave which we couldn't make due to traffic. So we had to find another way to get to the hotel which took what seemed like forever. Part of the problem was the one way streets, too. :-( I wasn't too happy when I got to the front desk, and the desk clerk didn't even say Hi or how ya doing... No "thanks for staying with us, we know the construction was not easy to get through". There are also no restaurants within easy walking distance either. Breakfast was basic as we are finding Comfort Inns to be. I would not stay here again until the construction is done. An email from the hotel about the construction and alternate routes would have been nice.

• Stayed June 2013
Toledo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was booked at top rate prices right under the reception room where a party was also booked. I was unable to rest or even watch television after a long day. Staff response was to let me know I could move my entire family to another room. If there was a better room, why wasn't I booked in it? Why didn't the staff offer to move me? Submitting a customer service survey elicited no response. I'll sleep on the street more comfortably than I'll ever sleep at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ken G
Renton, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Kind of hard to get in to as there was construction along the street entrance. Ample parking, though and the staff was nice. We did, however, first get a room that was occupied. Oops! Upon getting to our room, it seemed like the hotel may have been originally one that you accessed your room from the outside. The halls were odd, like they enclosed them so it would seem more hotel-like rather than motel-like. Beds were good and we like all the pillows. Didn't get a chance to use the pool but it was open 24 hours. Didn't see the free evening cookies, but the breakfast was fine. They opened up seating just off the breakfast area for overflow. Seemed like that area used to be a restaurant. Our usual Spokane hotel of choice was full so we ended up here. Cost was more at this Comfort Inn, but the hotel was not as good. :( It was just altogether odd.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family