“Great stay - up until I left”

Ramada at Spokane Airport
Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Oregon
“Great stay - up until I left”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I arrived at the Spokane airport early Saturday morning, 2 days after record snowfall (2/26/11). I decided to try checking in early as it never hurts. The gentleman behind the desk tersely told me they were full-up and wouldn't have any rooms open until the afternoon. He could have used a little more "customer-friendly" voice and attitude. Whatever. As I had time to kill I went and had breakfast in the restaurant then headed out and met up with my daughter at Fairchild AFB.

I came back to the hotel later in the afternoon and had a pleasant and seamless check in. The hotel is very decent with a great restaurant and lounge. The room I had looked recently updated and was clean and spacious. There was a ton of noise from the hallway until about 10PM. Sounded like kids running wild. It seemed like after 10PM they all went to the room directly above mine. Fortunately I can sleep through anything.

We had dinner at the restaurant one night and it was good. We did have to stand at the hostess station for way too long before anybody noticed us though. A bit of a limited menu, but everything we had was excellent.

The morning of check out I was up fairly early with all of my things packed and ready to go. I was on the bed watching TV when there was a knock on the door at 9AM. It was housekeeping seeing if I was still there. Check out is at 11AM. No problem. At 9:30AM there was another knock on the door. This time it was maintenance wanting to check the filters in the air conditioner. He said there were some VIP's coming in today, grabbed the filters and left. On his way out he stuck his head in the bathroom and said "looks OK". About 10 minutes later there was a quick knock on the door and as I was getting up, he just walked right in. I was a little annoyed at this point and said "it's a good thing I'm not trying to sleep in today". He then said the VIPs coming were the owners.

What this all tells me is that it wasn't important enough to make sure that these things were taken care of for me as a customer, but important enough to interrupt me to make sure things looked good for the owners. I travel quite a bit and it's these little things that will make me not want to come back. Although I am a Wyndham member, I will probably stick to a Hilton property next time.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
GMAirportRamada, General Manager at Ramada at Spokane Airport, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you encountered. I was surprised to learn of the situtationsyou encountered with our employees as we strive to train for exceptional guest service. It is throught guests as yourself that take the time to leave your comments that we learn of areas we need to improve upon. We truly hope that you will not let this incident tarnish your feelings toward our hotel, but rather you would allow us another opportunity to be of service to you. Please feel free to contact my office directly for your future Spokane accommodations needs.
D Vickerman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 15, 2011

This location cannot be beat. Central to downtown Spokane and to Cheney--home of Eastern Washington University. Property is located within a two minute walk of the Spokane airport. Very helpful and friendly welcoming staff at front desk. Everything was clean, great water pressure in bathroom. There was an awesome water park area, although we didn't get a chance to use it. We planned to stay one night, but ended up staying three. We won't stay anywhere else for the next four years while our daughter attends EWU.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
GMAirportRamada, General Manager at Ramada at Spokane Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
You have selected a great college and we look forward to your visits while your daughter attends Eastern. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your family get-togethers more enjoyable. We so appreciate you telling the traveling public of your positive stay with us, thank you.
Most Sincerely,
Denise Vickerman
Davenport
Reviewed January 18, 2011

We travel to Dallas about 4 times a year to visit our grandson.Our travel time is 1 1/2 hours to the airport. Parking cost us $90. For $28 more we cut out the pain of early morning travel. (especially in the snow) and got to park our car for 9 days. We had a great dinner at our leiser and got to sleep in 1 1/2 hrs later. We deffintly will do this everytime we travel. I have told all my friends they are silly to do anything other then this.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
GMAirportRamada, General Manager at Ramada at Spokane Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
We so appreciate you letting the Trip Advisor public know of the great time you had while staying at our property. More important to us is that your enjoyed your time with us. Our Park and Stay is convenient for those flying out of Spokane Airport and want to start their trip rested and without stress. We look forward to your next visit to Dallas so we can be of service to you prior to your departure.
Clarkston, Washington
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I had a confusing reservation the manager helped get it worked out for me. I would recomend this hotel to anyone. i will stay there any time I'm traveling from Spokane Airport.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
GMAirportRamada, General Manager at Ramada at Spokane Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2011
I am happy to hear that our front desk agent was able to assist you with your reservation and moreover that you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our area.
Richland, WA
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We chose this hotel because its proximity to the airport was extremely convenient for catching a morning flight without getting up in the middle of the night for a mad dash to the airport. The Park & Fly option enhanced choosing this hotel. It was easy to find, clean and neat, just what I anticipated from a Ramada. The staff was friendly, helpful and a pleasure to work with. Check-in was rapid and smooth, including arranging for leaving the car for a week. The room was a tad small for two queen-size beds. However, it was doable. I had hoped that this Ramada might offer a breakfast with the room package like the HIE and hampton chains, but no, we had to pay a stiff price for breakfast in the restaurant. The breakfast menu was varied, the food was tasty and the prices were high. One could easily hit $40 for a party of three. All-in-all, we were very satisfied with this Ramada.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Samuel D
GMAirportRamada, General Manager at Ramada at Spokane Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We at the Airport Ramada always strive for great guest service and an experience that our guests will find enjoyable. You may check back from time to time with us as we do run specials on our park and fly rate that includes a breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Waitsburg, Washington
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Our stay at the Ramada was very enjoyable. They were wonderful to work with, close to the airport, had airport shuttle and parking for our car while we were gone. When we got stranded in Salt Lake city and were not able to get back to Spokane for our hotel reservation, the Ramada was very understanding when I called and did not charge us for the late cancellation. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wyseone2010
GMAirportRamada, General Manager at Ramada at Spokane Airport, responded to this review, December 20, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your kinds words. We at the Ramada certainly understand that weather things happen, especially when flying. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Colorado Springs
Reviewed November 19, 2010

It sure helps to have a friendly face at the end of a long travel day - that's what I found at the Spokane Ramada Airport.... Thanks for such a nice stay staff!

RJ

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
GMAirportRamada, General Manager at Ramada at Spokane Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Ramada - Spokane Airport. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your time with us. We all work very hard to exceeded expectations and to provide a great stay at good value! We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to Spokane.
Most Sincerely,
Denise Vickerman GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spokane
Wingate by Wyndham Spokane Airport
Hampton Inn Spokane
Hampton Inn Spokane
#3 of 46 in Spokane
Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Spokane Airport
Holiday Inn Spokane Airport
Days Inn & Suites Spokane Airport Airway Heights

Been to Ramada at Spokane Airport? Share your experiences!