“Nothing special but we did sleep well” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada at Spokane Airport

Ramada at Spokane Airport
Ranked #21 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

In all my time writing reviews for Trip Advisor I simply cannot remember a more terrible stay. We have stayed at this hotel the 3 years prior with little issue but the worst came out on this trip. We will not be back and neither will anyone we know.

If you look over the other reviews you will find instances of people reserving 2 queens and checking in and being told there were only doubles left. The management claims this is a glitch in their system and only happens when reserving rooms through secondary sites(for me AAA). When I checked into the hotel and was told nothing could be done and no rooms where available. I went onto the Ramada web site and was able to book a room with 2 queens AFTER I was told no other rooms were available. The management claims the issue is resolved and clearly it is not.

I asked to speak with the manager on duty except there was no manage on duty she did not come in till 6pm (I checked in at 3pm). I was forced to go sit in my 2 double room and settle in believing there was nothing that could be done and deal with it. If a manager were on duty when this issue was found and resolved immediately, I wouldn’t be writing this and I’d see you again next year. When the manager came in at 6pm I was told she was able to move me to two queens after my family had settled in and was off at the pool. Too little too late! The explanation was they will move us and give someone else the Double!!! So they would subject their staff and themselves to another irate customer robbing peter to pay Paul. The manager said they would continue to do that and hopefully by the end of the night there will be a no show or something SERIUOUSLY….SHAME ON YOU… This is a known problem FIX YOUR SYSTEM OR BUY QUEEN BEDS. Quit deceiving the traveling public.

Other things: fancy pool with water slide only open Thursday –Sat, imagine my sons face when I said no slide today. His words, “then why did we stay here, I thought it was for the water slide”. Hot water was lacking in the morning. This may have been from the volume of people all getting ready for Bloomsday but still…Wonderful outdoor seating at the bar 2 years running we haven’t been able to sit there because of an overabundance of bees. If you have any kind of stair climbing issue or don’t want to carry your things upstairs make sure you ask for the side with the elevator because ½ the building is not accessible.

The only bright side was the girl (Kathrine? )Behind the desk. She tried so hard to calm my anger but was stuck in a situation she had no control over. The evening manager was nice and accommodating providing me 10$ off each night (not enough, one night should have been comp.) and 40$ in breakfast coupons, again this was not enough. I booked and paid for a room you failed to provide at check in but worse yet, your own system allowed me to continue to book rooms you were saying were unavailable. In my eyes this is a Bait and Switch, offer queens and deliver doubles when your queens sell out, most customer just suck it up. If there were any other rooms in town I would have stayed elsewhere, next time I will.

As much as I travel, I know things happen, I just don’t believe this is a case of things just happening. This problem has happened multiple times in the past. There are multiple reviews of the same issue. It is not 3rd party reservation systems.

You received a 2012 Excellence Award from Trip Advisor. You shouldn’t be allowed to display it at your front desk.

I intend to send this review directly to the marketing/public relations people at Ramada Corporate I hope they don’t accept this kind of behavior.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
D V, General Manager at Ramada at Spokane Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
In reviewing your reservation and the report from my Manager on Duty this past weekend I was able to conclude a couple of things. When you checked in it was indeed our fault that you were given a room with two double beds and immediately when you were not happy with that the desk agent should have been happy to move you to a room with two queen beds; not making you wait until the Manager on Duty arrived. I certainly apologize for that mix up and you can be sure that further training will take place.
I know that we did offer to move you to the appropriate bedded room which you choose not to accept, but I was happy that you enjoyed breakfast on us. Our slide is only open Thursday - Sunday during the winter months which is stated on our website, but starting in June will be open 7 days a week for everyone.
We are always honest and reasonable in an circumstance and I feel the Manager on Duty offered to help you and did everything possible to make your stay enjoyable.
Port Moody, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and the first night was great. All of the staff was friendly and we had dinner in the café which was really good and the staff there was great. Only problem was one of our rooms keys didn't work, but they fixed that for us right away. I had no problems with this hotel until I went to take a shower that night. It was absolutely awful because they have no temperature regulation for the water. It goes from freezing cold to scalding hot throughout your entire shower, no matter where you set the temperature. My shower took 3 times as long because I had to keep jumping out of the way of the water. My body was scalded several times with burning hot water. After driving 9 hours that day, all I wanted was a relaxing shower and obviously that didn't happen. I took a shower the next night too, and it was the same horrible experience. The plumbing absolutely needs fixed.

We went down to use the pool the second night but it was much too small and overcrowded, so we passed on that. I wouldn't exactly call this place a waterpark. It has one slide and a very small pool and hot tub. Overall, what started out as a good stay turned into a not so great one, and we won't be returning here unless they fix the plumbing issues so that a comfortable shower is actually possible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
D V, General Manager at Ramada at Spokane Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Port Moody Traveler,
Please accept our apologies for the fluctuation in the water temperature, but know that we are currently remodeling our guest room bathrooms which will include repairing this problem as well. Our indoor pool/slide area is a popular place and we are opening our beautiful seasonal outdoor pool within the week so that will give you another choice for swimming. Our slide is only one feature of our indoor pool, wading pool and Jacuzzi spa. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to be of service to you so that you will be able to really enjoy all of our amenities.
Denise Vickerman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spokane
Wingate by Wyndham Spokane Airport
Hampton Inn Spokane
Hampton Inn Spokane
#3 of 46 in Spokane
4.5 of 5 stars 625 reviews

Been to Ramada at Spokane Airport? Share your experiences!