We stayed here for two nights while attending a basketball camp at Whitworth University. The front desk staff was exceptionally nice and welcoming when we arrived, and explained everything we needed to know about the hotel. The hotel is next door to a Walgreens , and a short walk to Costco was very convenient.
The pool area is up by the front desk and looked very nice , even though we did not use it. The gym is small but adequate, and you need to get a key from the front desk to use it. At first I was a little surprised at this, but it made sense to me after the girl explained that it was for safety and to keep children from going in and misusing the equipment.
The breakfast was nice and we actually enjoyed the 2nd breakfast room which was set up in a banquet room a short walk away. I thought this was a good useof a room as the one room is too small for the sze of the hotel.
Now for the room. Well, it was very clean and spacious. I had a single king room, and it was very roomy. The bed was newer and sheets were crisp and clean with the bed made up nicely. The pillows were small squares, but we got 4 of them. Upon further examination, we figured out that they were actuall regular size pillows which had been formed into squares. Vey creative!.
The furnishings seemed older and I was surprised at the way they looked. I would suggest upgrading the furniture. The flat screen tv was nice, so I know they are slowly upgrading the property. The bathroom was interesting. The refrigerator was tucked under the sink, and there were no shelves to put bathroom kits. With the coffee maker on the sink area, it really did not leave much space for anything else. The closet area was right behind the sik with mirrored doors-- diff it'll needs to be updated. The closet contained adequate hangars and an ironing board with a brand new iron.
The door leading into the shower/toilet area opened into the room and would hit the toilet. Very awkward to get in and out of that area, especially with two people sharing the space.
I was very surprised that the window in the room opened all the way, but there were no screens. Interesting for on the second floor.
Overall, I really enjoyed this hotel and would stay again. It needs some updating, but the friendly staff, yummy breakfast, and clean accommodations , clearly make this hotel a keeper in my book!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location! Location! Location! Location is exactly what you'll get when staying at the Quality Inn Oakwood. This North Spokane hotel is ideally located just minutes away from Whitworth University, Eagles Ice-A-Rena, NorthTown Mall, Dwight Merkel Sports Complex and Joe Albi Stadium. Only five miles from downtown Spokane, Gonzaga University, the INB Performing Arts Center, Spokane Convention Center and is 12 miles from the Spokane International Airport. Enroute to Mt. Spokane Ski Resort, Wandermere Golf Course, and Deer Park, WA, the Quality Inn Oakwood is the perfect location for the outdoor enthusiast. You can also enjoy plenty of free guest parking, great shopping and dining that surround the Oakwood's convenient location next door to Walgreens and Costco. Full-service features and amenities include: • Free Q Corner Cafe Breakfast featuring daily hot items! • Free coffee and fresh-baked cookies every evening! • Free weekday newspaper • Free local calls • Free high-speed Internet access • Pet Friendly...We love our furry guests! Guests are invited to take advantage of these 24-hour services: • Indoor heated pool and hot tub. • Exercise facility • Business center and fax service • Gift shop • Coin-op laundry facility Business travelers will appreciate in-room data ports and voice mail, and the convenience of a 24-hour business center located in the lobby with access to a computer and copy services. Fax service is available at the front desk. This Spokane, WA hotel specializes in making any event a success. Banquet and meeting facilities are available to accommodate a variety of events and business functions. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Quality Inn Oakwood is the perfect place to stay when visiting the Spokane, Washington area. Make us your home away from home. We're confident that you'll enjoy your stay, and experience the friendliest staff in Spokane! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Choice Hotels and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Quality Inn Oakwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Oakwood Hotel Spokane
- Quality Inn Spokane
- Quality Inn Oakwood Spokane
- Spokane Quality Inn