“Wonderful-friendly”

Quality Inn Oakwood
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We just stayed here for a week. Our second visit with them. We are very happy with the whole facility. Very friendly staff all around. Good breakfast bar and loved the fresh baked cookies each evening. My grandson loved the pool/hot tub. They are remodeling the rooms but there was no noise or mess to contend with. Might suggest maybe a small game room for the kids. We will be back for another stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Vinceen H
Beth Anne S, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to submit a review! We appreciate your feedback. I was glad to see you enjoyed your stay and encountered our friendly staff. Gotta love those cookies! They make everyone's night. You mentioned the renovations so I thought I would give a quick update. We are a little over half way done with replacing the carpet in all of our guest rooms. We are working hard to make sure the work doesn't impact our guests' stays so I'm glad that was your experience as well. We should have the project complete by the end of September. And I must say the new carpet looks GREAT! Thank you again for staying with us. We'll look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Spokane!

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Oakwood

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This Quality Inn was exceptionally clean and quiet. The property is definitely older, but while I was there they were doing renovation work. The breakfast in the morning consisted of all the normal items you would expect including eggs and bacon. Overall, would stay here again if I was passing through Spokane.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Gozags2012

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself while staying at the Oakwood - we look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Safe Travels, Beth Anne

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Clean rooms, good breakfast, fast internet throughout the hotel. Nice pool and hot tub, open 24 hours a day. Had a room in the back of the hotel and it was very quiet. The women at the front desk went above and beyond to help me track down a much needed item, calling stores to see if they had it and then providing directions to the store. Fresh cookies in the evening. Would definately stay here again!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy B

Wow! Thank you for such a great review Cathy! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we'll look forward to seeing you back on your next trip to Spokane. Thank you!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Went to Spokane to shop and catch a baseball game. Quality Inn Oakwood in north Spokane was a nice,quiet,clean and very reasonably priced hotel. Staff were pleasant and helpful and the hotel also provided a complimentary breakfast and cookies and coffee in the evening. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting an affordable, pleasant weekend in Spokane.

Room Tip: You may be able to find room saver coupons on line to reduce price of room even more.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank geohawk
Beth Anne S, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakwood, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your business and your feedback! I was thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay and we will look forward to seeng you back during your next trip to Spokane.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We've stayed here plenty of times and it always met our expectations. Great place to stay for Bloomsday as you can catch the bus downtown from the Northcenter mall.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adam99354

Thank you so much for staying with us! I was glad to see you had a great stay. Great tip regarding the Bloomsday bus access at Northtown Mall! And good news - next time you visit there will be new carpet in your room. We are in the middle of our carpet replacement project for all standard guest rooms. So far the rooms look GREAT and we should have all the rooms recarpeted by the end of September! Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to submit a review. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were in Spokane for a long weekend and chose to stay here based on a prior review that said there was parking lot security. While not exactly "security", someone does walk the parking lot throughout the day and night to make sure all is ok. We had bikes in the back of our truck and even though they were locked in it made us sleep better knowing that they would be safe. We were even offered the option of parking right out front in view of the desk (24hr staff)! We opted for the king room (newer, larger room) instead of the regular king room since we planned on staying for several nights. Room was nice, clean,and huge as rooms go these days. Bed was comfortable (not the best but definitely not the worst, a 4 out of 5 on comfort)...the pillows were, well, odd....very small but plentiful. Breakfast was decent, cereal, pastries, bread, etc, coffee, juice, some fruit, biscuits and gravy. Not what we would typically eat for breakfast but it is complimentary and convenient. There are 2 breakfast rooms, if the first one is full (and it was every time) go to the second one (it was nearly empty each time). The location of the hotel is convenient to many restaurants and is right on the bus line. We took the bus into downtown on two nights for dinner (easy, inexpensive and don't have to try and park the truck!) Staff was very friendly and helpful, we were a day late arriving for our stay due to truck problems and they accommodated us without any problem (we were originally booked for 4 nights). This will be our go-to hotel when we go to Spokane to ride.

Room Tip: - back side rooms look over curb parking, easy to get out of and keep an eye on your toys
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Beth Anne S, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakwood, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for staying with us recently! We appreciate both your business and you taking the time to submit a review. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and encountered our friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Spokane!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

As an Elite Diamond member of Choice Hotels I began a journey across America just
seeing the sights and using my accumulated points to stay at choice hotels. Being the next
stop on my journey, Spokane was an attractive place to me where I expected to spend a few
more points (20,000) where on average I was spending 12,000. The first thing I noticed when
I walked in to my room was how small it was, it did have a king size bed but little more than
that. Next thing that I noticed was the sitting chair next to the table, it had strange obvious
stains on it. The bead liner was extremely out dated, was forced to stay next to a connecting room with extremely loud neighbors. When I approached the front desk girl and requested another room she told me that their were none at my price level.... PLEASE!!! I earned every single point from Choice Hotels by staying every single night in one for over a year and a half of being on the road. I was literally forced to have to stay in one horrible room or being faced with losing the points.
Overall Score - POOR! POOR! POOR! I am going to post this review every where I possible
can.

Room Tip: Spend the same amount of dollars and go somewhere else. This place is horrible!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Matt S
Beth Anne S, Manager at Quality Inn Oakwood, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Matt,
Thank you for your feedback. I wanted to apologize for your experience at our hotel. You are completely right - you are a valued and loyal customer to Choice Hotels and should be treated with kindness, respect, and empathy regardless of how you are paying for your room. Since first learning of your experience I have been working with our staff to ensure they understand what went wrong and how to better treat our guests in the future. Thank you for sharing your experience so that we can take steps to make sure it never happens again.