“In need of cleaning and maintenance.”

Fairbridge Inn Express
Ranked #34 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Dirty washcloths were left hanging over shower rod. The bathroom needed an overall wipe down; when showering only about 50%of the water pressure went to the shower head, fresh washcloths had holes worn through them. Positives: very friendly front desk clerks, quieter than expected for the location. Stayed 3 nights with my mom, we'll look elsewhere next trip.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
faibridge1, Manager at Fairbridge Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2015

Thank you for taking your time to leave us your guest feedback, we appreciate it!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Had a fun little surprise when I arrived at this hotel. Looks fine enough at the entry, but as the elevator opens to the guest floors, the carpet was covered with paint and stains, there were no baseboards and the smell just hits you smack in the face!

Our first room didn't have a working phone. The second floor we landed on the carpet only went so far, then it was bare carpet padding and exposed stapling on the edges. Inside the room, the chair was stained and there was paint chips falling off the window sill.

Might have a decent shot at being not so shoddy once the work is done, but I would avoid this place till then.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a basic hotel within walking distance of downtown Spokane. I would classify it as a 2.25 star hotel. Actually this is my first time unveiling my groundbreaking .25 star hotel classification. Near a 7/11. Clean rooms

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Some reviews looked ok so I decided to take a chance. Bad decision. As soon as I walked in I was concerned because it was obviously a smoking hotel. The lobby and hallways smelt strongly of smoke. We had been placed in a smoking room despite requesting a non smoking room on a booking website. We didn't even make it in the door of the room, as soon as we cracked it open we were overwhelmed with smoke, slammed the door, and cancelled the room. They offered to change our sheets, but that wasn't going to cover up 20 years of chain smoking in that room.
Website photos were a bit deceptive, this hotel is more run down that it looks like in the photos and not in a good part of town.

Room Tip: Better be sure you get a non-smoking room. Smoking rooms are really smoky!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was looking for a cheap place to stay for the night, and this was a good place. Location wasn't the best,but they had truck parking nearby. Had breakfast alot later than most hotels. Didn't have to wake up super early just to eat. Driving a big rig, it's nice to get to sleep on a full-size bed. I would recommend this place if you just need somewhere to rest your head for the night.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank bigolwhiteboy

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hated it
What a dump. I checked in and within 10 minutes of getting the room, a large dog started barking and would not stop. This went on for 30 minutes so I called the front desk and the rude lady said "they have as much right to stay here with their dog as you have". I asked if they could move them and she said, we can move you but there is no guarantee there wont be a dog in the room next to the one we give you. I said "fine, I will stay somewhere else" and went downstairs and turned in my key. I asked if there would be a charge and the lady said no, since you didn't stay here, there wont be a charge. Guess what....Yep, they charged me. I called them and asked about the charge and they said that since they offered me a room and I refused, they are not going to refund the cost. I went ahead and disputed the charge on my card and will not be paying it. But, I thought it was ridiculous that a sleazebag hotel like this would do that to a good customer. The room was old and dated and the window view was the back wall of an industrial building. The lobby was full of vagrants drinking free coffee and there were even homeless people sleeping on the side of the building. Not going back EVER

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank caddy96596

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The staff are very helpful, the rooms and desk are very clean. Easy on and off I-90. Rooms are quiet considering the location is so close to the freeway. Pretty sound proof, also could not any activity in the rooms next to us

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple