“No information hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
“No information hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

This was a nice hotel, however when we arrived at our room there was no information to be found about TV channels or amenities(pool, exercise room, guest laundry, etc). I call the front desk and found out they were paperless,which was not helpful to me but I'm sure it saved them some money. Also the no breakfast or even coffee in the lobby reminds me of the new money making scam of the airlines! For the cost Hampton Inn was much better value and the rooms were just as nice.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel -- we always appreciate the feedback! I am so sorry to hear that a Guest Directory was missing from your room.....those books are located on the desk next to the tv and have all the pertinant information regarding our hotel services (although we love the opportunity to engage with our guests when they have questions about our hotel as well!). Courtyard as a brand upgraded the look and feel of the lobby a few years ago, introducing The Bistro and incorporating Starbucks as well. While none of it is complimentary, we do have many different options and price points for breakfast and dinner. We do hope you choose to stay with us again in the future -- our downtown location on the river is beautiful this time of year! :-)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

As noted by others, this hotel is ideally located. There is good access to Division, the Gonzaga campus, the Centennial Trail. It is located on the Riverwalk and provides a good strolling opportunity. Breakfast was good, and on the day that I had to get up early, I could get a decent cup of coffee (not room coffee) even though the food place was not open yet. All the staff that I encountered were exceptionally nice people. There is a Perkins restaurant across the parking lot if you were looking for something else.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank wireleds888
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of our property here in Spokane! We really do appreciate the kind words. We are lucky to have such a great location and all of our guests love to use the Centennial Trail outside our doors to walk into Downtown Spokane or head over to Gonzaga University. Our Bistro is a quick and easy way to grab a cup of Starbucks and breakfast and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed that. From my entire staff.....Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Spokane!
Snoqualmie, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Spokane for one night over Memorial Day weekend. The room was spacious and clean, and the bed comfortable. The location of the property is adjacent to the Centennial Trail which is a pathway that travels along the Spokane River and makes for an excellent walk any time of the day. There is a Perkins next door and other dining establishment within a 10 minute walk. The reason I gave this review an average rating is because my room was $160.00 in Spokane and I feel that is a bit over priced for the quality of the property. I've stayed at the Davenport Hotel for less than that amount. That said, I would stay at the Courtyard in the future, if I could find a lower rate.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Angie B
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel -- we always encourage feedback and we appreciate your time in doing so. I am thrilled to hear that you loved our hotel and location! Springtime in Spokane is one of my very favorite times of the year and all of us (residents and travelers) love the Centennial Trail for nice walks along the river. Our rates fluctuate a bit due to demand for city-wide events, our proximaty to the Convention Center and downtown -- so I encourage you to check with us the next time you are coming to the area to ensure you are getting our best available rate!
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here for a couple nights while exploring Washington/Idaho and it was a great idea. It's at a great location, not far at all from downtown.

We received a room on the ground floor which turned out to be a good thing as we had quick and easy access to our car in the parking lot.

Rooms were extremely clean and well appointed - exactly what I expected from Courtyard. The front desk staff were also extremely helpful and made me feel welcome.

Overall if I return to Spokane, this will be the hotel I will return to!

Room Tip: Ask for Ground Level if you have a car - easier access!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SKT28
Thank you for the kind response and review of our hotel! We are always pleased to know that our guests are happy with our hotel and our service -- it's what we love to do and reviews like yours definitely make us smile! So, thank you! We hope to see you on your next visit to our lovely area.
Northern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We had a lovely stay. It was only for one night. The building definitely looks dated but the insides have been kept up to date and are in excellent condition. Our room was over looking the indoor pool/outdoor seating area. We did not have any issues with noise. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Disneyfreak67
Thank you so very much for your review of our hotel! We are happy and pleased to know that you enjoyed our hotel! We hope to see you on your next visit to Spokane!
Belfair, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Friendly staff and quick check in. Lovely room on the river side. Quite and comfortable. I requested a microwave which the promptly brought to the room. The indoor pool and spa are wonderful. Great outdoor courtyard with places to sit. The lobby has nice places to hang out. Also serves wine beer and spirits. Decent food for purchase. Good place for everyone.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jodacious3
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your review, Jodacious3! We are here to please and I am thrilled you were happy with your accommodations while visiting Spokane.
See you on your next trip to Spokane!
Colorado Springs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

This is a descent facility close to downtown and Riverside Park. Check in is friendly and efficient. The building is showing its age, but management has mostly kept rooms and common areas up to date.

The biggest drawbacks I experienced regarded noise and housekeeping. The noise from the nearby road and bridge is constant and heavy. Better sound blocking for guest rooms would be a wise capital investment. Housekeeping knocked on my door before 8:30 am, twice. Each time I said "I'm still in here!" And each time housekeeping tried to enter my room regardless!

I might/might not stay here again the next time I'm in Spokane.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank COLadyRoadWarrior
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you, COLadyRoadWarrior, for the recent review of our hotel! We always appreciate the feedback! We are blessed with such a wonderful location -- being right on the Spokane River, with access to the Spokane River, Centennial Trail, Riverfront Park, and Riverside State Park. Thank you for your comments regarding the friendly/efficient check-in and noting our updated interiors -- we finished an extensive room renovation just 11 months ago and our lobby is outfitted with Marriott's new inviting Bistro concept. We've gotten great feedback from that. I do want to apologize for housekeeping knocking on your door so early each morning....we never want to wake up or inconvenience anyone. We are happy to schedule a cleaning time with you the next time you stay so that does not happen again.
Thank you so much for staying with us here in Spokane and we hope to see you again on a future stay!