“Comfortable and convenient”

Ranked #21 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Chandler, AZ
“Comfortable and convenient”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our bed was very comfortable. The heating/cooling system was on a thermostat so there are NO problems with keeping it just the right temperature and you couldn't hear it running. Quiet rooms, no road noise. Nice view of the river. The pool and hot tub were well maintained and our family enjoyed them. We had a tasty breakfast at the Bistro and could even watch TV while sitting at our booth during breakfast. This hotel was well worth the money and we would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the renovations and you will be happy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice comments regarding our hotel! We are happy to announce to you that our room renovation is now 100% complete! We hope to see you again on a future visit to Spokane!
Pam Alfaro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Virginia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Courtyard during a business trip. The hotel is conveniently located in downtown Spokane - very near to the convention center and local hospitals. The rooms were clean and comfortable and staff were pleasant. (The property is currently under renovation - the odor of new carpet was a bit overwhelming at times. If you plan on visiting in the next month, you may want to ensure that your room is on the side of the hotel not under renovation.). Free Wifi is available or you can use the computers/printers located in the business area within the lobby. The "Bistro" is open for breakfast and dinner - the menu does not offer a lot of variety but the quality of food is decent. Other restaurant options are available within walking distance. I visited Spencer's which is an upscale steakhouse in the nearby DoubleTree Hotel. Pricey, but a nice dining experience. If you do not have your own transportation, I would recommend Spokane Cab company. They were friendly, dependable, and provided great service for the duration of my stay, including to/from the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences from your recent stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our location and our hotel. We are excited to let you know that our renovation is now complete. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Spokane!
Pam Alfaro, General Manger
Burlingame, California
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is my first time staying here and it was a very pleasant stay. The hotel is located right off of Division but I didn't recall any traffic noise from my room. It's also right on the Spokane River so you walk right out of the hotel and take a nice walk along the banks of the river. Didn't use the gym this time so I can't comment on it. The cafe serves up the usual fare. Very quick and reliable. There are some restaurants within walking distance and many to choose from by car. Will stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Issaquah, WA
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went to Spokane to watch a Gonzaga U basketball game and were looking for a nice hotel convenient to the University. This suited our needs perfectly. It is situated on the river, and there is a nice river trail making an easy walk to the campus. No upgrade charge for a riverfront room. New carpets in all the hallways (but not the elevators, which was strange -- probably just haven't gotten to them yet). The room seemed to be recently remodeled, and the toilet/shower is in a separate room from the sink/vanity, which is always my preference, since we travel as a family. The indoor pool area was very neat and clean, with a detached hot tub. The king sized bed was not the most comfortable, but not awful. The sofa bed was pretty mediocre, but our son didn't complain. The staff was exceptionally responsive; when we called for extra towels, they arrived literally about 2 minutes later. If we travel to Spokane again, this will be my choice for a hotel.

Room Tip: The riverfront rooms do have nice local views. We did not pay any upgrade charge.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Troutdale, Oregon
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I travel to Spokane every couple weeks for work and this is my Hotel. The staff is friendly, the rooms adaquate and functional, and the food is consistantly well cooked with fast service. I work in retail, so the central location is perfect for the various locations I have to visit. I have stayed here more times than I can count and have always had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If you go to bed early don't request a room facing the river walk. The late night summer crowd w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Seattle
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The good: the room was comfortable and adequately furnished. The lobby and food service areas were very attractive and comfortable. Service was good until the last day, everyone was friendly, even while rushing me out before check out time. The place was well maintained and clean.

Not so good: no free breakfast. Not a big deal though, the food was reasonably priced and good. Internet speed was barely adequate, just like most other hotels.

Check out: the posted check out time was 12:00. On my last day I had two hours of work in the morning at the University. When I returned at 10 AM, I found that they had started to clean my room, then left with the bed clothes piled in a chair. I had some more work to do in the room, then at 10:45, I got a knock at the door from housekeeping. They asked when I was going to leave. I said noon. They said OK. At 11:20, there was a lot of conversation outside my door. I went to the door to see what was going on, and found several housekeeping and other hotel staff there. They asked when I was leaving, so I decided to leave then. This ended an otherwise good stay on an unhappy note, thus 3 stars. Next time I'll probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
North Dakota
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stopped here Dec 16 because I had a Friends and Family certificate and it was close to the people we were visiting. This is a typical Courtyard and the staff was so nice. The first thing I noticed however though was that the hallways looked like they could have used a better vacuuming, which is rather unusual for a Marriott property. Then, unfortunately the toilet ran over, wouldn't stop and flooded our room AFTER we went to bed, they moved us promptly to another room but even that toilet had problems.
We did enjoy the pool and hot tub, which was very clean and appropriate for the property.
I'd stay at this Courtyard again, just make sure the toilets work ok.....however we found a lovely hotel out in Spokane Valley that we enjoyed more....ck out my other reviews.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family