Courtyard Spokane Downtown at the Convention Center
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice Place”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights on business. When I checked in the staff was friendly, they gave me a river view room on an upper floor. Nicely appointed. The elevator is located down a hall and was a little weird placement-wise. Although the lobby and rooms are nicely done the hallways seemed dated. The river view room can be nice -but also has the potential for being noisy. When you are on the 3rd level of the hotel you are basically at the same level with the traffic going over the large avenue bridge. Maybe if you were on the Eastern end of that wing it would be quieter or on the 1rst or 2nd floors -but where I was -third floor -about 4 doors down from the elevator towards the big road (Room 325) -it could get loud. Both nights I was exhausted and it was late and I was up early so I did get solid sleep. The checkout staff was also great -they made me feel like coming back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Windsor999

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Deer Lodge, Montana
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My husband has cancer and we have a terrible time funding the stay in Spokane WA on his paycheck, so the Cancer Society looks for free rooms for us to stay during the week for my husband to receive treatments. The day we checked in for one overnight stay the person who took our information literally looked down on us. I felt she was judgmental and demeaning with her comments. I asked for a quiet room because of sleeping difficulties, she stated that everyone requests those rooms and she didn’t have many rooms left because she is receiving a team in that night; yet not 45 minutes earlier she stated to my husband on the phone that there was plenty of room in the hotel.
Granted we didn’t pay for our stay, but the halls were noisy, we could hear everything going on in the neighboring rooms and there was no free breakfast.
The room itself was nice, the pool and recreational areas of the hotel were fancy- but it seemed very sterile and uncongenial .

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ALexandra H
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My wife and I travelled to Spokane for business and pleasure. The Courtyard is like most Marriott’s and you know what you will be getting. The surprise for us came when the staff told us about the river walk. Out the back door of the hotel and you are on a paved path that runs from the university to the falls. The staff were helpful. We even had a Canadian Goose adopt us and jogged the trail behind us. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would like to stay again at this hotel.

Room Tip: Grab a north facing room with a view of the river and running trail.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 17, 2011

The hotel is located next to the Convention Center on the Spokane River a short walk from Riverfront Park. The rooms are spacious and clean. Driving to the hotel is a bit confusing.

Room Tip: There is quite a bit of traffic (pedestrian and bikes) on the riverwalk on the riverside of the hote...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Only 3 stories high!! Short walk to Riverfront Park, in a beautiful setting close to the Spokane River, very private, relaxing feeling; clean, comfortable bed and spacious rooms, no traffic noise. The three of us loved it and look forward to another stay at this very nice hotel. The small balcony furniture was dirt covered, obviously nobody uses them.

Room Tip: We asked and they accommodated our request.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I stayed at the Courtyard for two nights in September of 2011. The hotel is a little bit older, and shows some wear, but is very clean. I didn't see anything other than normal age wear and tear during my visit. I didn't utilize the maid service, as I had business papers out and didn't want to have to put them away, so I can't comment, but they seemed thorough when I passed them cleaning other rooms.

The lobby is one of Marriott's new "Bistro" lobbies, offering beer, wine, water, and soft drinks for sale 24 hours a day, along with snacks and lean cuisines. Additionally, there is a breakfast and dinner service available. I tried the "scrambler" breakfast, which was served quickly and was better than the usual hotel fare. The price was reasonable as well. For dinner, I tried a salad - again, big portions, reasonable price for a hotel, and above average quality.

There was a patio with seating and wait-staff service outside the Bistro as well, although I took my meals in room or inside.

Employees were all friendly and helpful - everyone said hello and asked how my day was going when I passed them in the hallways. No complaints there.

The hotel is located just past the convention center, right along the river. There is a paved walking/jogging/biking path next to the hotel that leads along the river and downtown. Spokane is a very walkable city, but I did have a rental and there was ample parking. I parked next to the door of the hotel every night with no problems.

The room itself was a good size, with a small porch, in-room couch, king-size bed, and typical Marriott desk, flat screen TV, and other amenities. A/C was good and worked well. Free internet was a bonus as well.

All-in-all, a great value for a business trip, with everything you'd need in the hotel or immediately nearby. While not a "5-star" property, it was perfectly functional, clean, and easy to access both downtown and the airport. Great value and perfect for the business traveler. I will definitely stay again for future trips.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Calgary
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This Hotel is gorgeous with fantastic amentities - a great pool, cute courtyard to sit and relax in, wonderful little bistro for Breakfast and dinner, great gathering areas....It is also right on the river and a short walk to Riverside Park and its attractions. It is tucked away in what I think was a business park/university area - very nice and quiet. So what was the problem???? Sadly we could hear everything that went on in the rooms surrounding or above. Our fist night we were kept up by the constant walking (Marathon training??? I Dont know!) of the people above us. We were lucky to get another room for our second night and were able to sleep. As well the airconditioning did not have a continuous fan, so the unit would shut off and turn on frequently throughout the night. We were not uncomfortable with the cool consistancy in the room, but were awakened by the constant on and off of the fan. We sooooo wanted to love this hotel that we tried it again a few days later as we passed through Spokane again. Again, everything was lovely - except for the sleep.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family