“What is everyone talking about?”

Ramada North Spokane
Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We use Choice Hotels a lot and like to stay in Comfort Inn's. There were two in Spokane but the one on the North was closer to where we needed to go the next day. It didn't look as great as the other one on the outside and it definitely was in a more congested area but it was okay. The lobby was very nice and attractive and the staff was great when we checked in. We got a corner room and when we walked in I was very pleasantly surprised. It was very cute! It wasn't just a square room with beds on one side and desks on the other. It had a computer desk in the corner and two other desks besides. The room was angled so the bed was setting at an angle in the room. One reviewer stated there were no microwaves or refrigerators in this hotel. What were they talking about? Yes there was and it states that in their description! There was a flat screen TV also. The room was clean and neat. WE decided to stay another night and they made that accommodation for us and we got to keep the same room. Breakfast was good. Eggs were mealy though but rest of breakfast was good! They kept it open later than normal which I haven't seen ever at any other hotels. I was very pleased with our stay here and will come back again. :)

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room as they are roomier and not just "hallway" type room. We stayed on...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura A, General Manager at Ramada North Spokane, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We won't be back to this place. The building has a strong odor of old smoking rooms, pillows are uncomfortable and I think have not been replaced recently, bathroom fan only buzzes, the only entrance without stairs is the main entrance, no luggage carts, no elevator. Bed was just okay. Anyone who can't use stairs will also not be able to use the pool since it is on a lower level.
This place is just plain tacky... Choose another lodging.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

I am sorry to hear of the issues you encountered during your stay.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We've stayed at the Comfort Inn Spokane North, a few times before in the past and have no issues. Yes the hotel is a little run down, but we were not planning on being in our rooms, and the location worked for us, so we booked again.

We arrived late Thursday night, unpacked our stuff and were ready to take a shower after the long day of travel. However, when I went into the bathroom I realized there was no shower curtain. I called the front desk who told me she had no idea where house keeping kept them, and could either change our room or we needed to wait until 8:00 am the following morning. We made due, since we already unpacked and it was too late to be moving again.

Friday morning housekeeping came in, replaced towels and added the shower curtain.

Although this review is not about the breakfast, I will add in, however that breakfast is NOT WORTH it. The room is too small, eggs were microwaved rubber!!

Onto the scam... we checked out sunday morning around 7:00. I am very OCD about leaving a hotel room clean.. dirty towels were in the shower, beds were made enough to make sure we left nothing behind. lights and a/c off.

This morning I check my account. There is the authorized room charge for the stay and then an additional charge for $235.00. I contacted the hotel and spoke directly to the manager Sean Springer who informed me the change was because we smoked in the room. NONE of us smoke. He wanted to argue and tell me I must have left someone in the room who did, or let someone in while we were gone. Umm ya.. NO.

Sean informed me had pictures of our room, however when I requested them he stated he could not email them to me until tomorrow because they were not available at this time.

I have disputed the charges with my bank, filed a complaint with CHOICE HOTELS and will make sure I am not scammed by this hotel to pay outlandish false charges. NOR will I be staying at this hotel again.

If you have stayed here before or know who has, tell them to be careful for their account being charged!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rhiannon B

I am sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We checked in for 2 days in June ( hot days ) only to find no fridge or microwave in the room. Apparently none of the rooms have them. We were not told this on check in and I thought all hotel rooms included them. It is a dated hotel and have since stayed in the Quality Inn just up the street which offers for $10 more a better value.

Room Tip: When in doubt ask questions.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Last room available in the entire city. The clerk that helped me with the booking was great. She was very friendly, I caught her at the end of her night shift. Still in a great mood. When we checked in the staff was helpful and courteous. Even suggested a great place to eat. Our hotel room was ok. Comfy bed, whirlpool tub, ok. Checking out the tub closer we found tons of paint splatter from when they redid the walls. Also found in the bathroom. The place is not new, it does show some wear. I think what bugged me the most was the fact that there was a huge crack in the floor (we were on the first level) and part of the room slooped down hill. When we checked out the clerk was not polite about it and wrote it off to their foundation issues. DUHHH Is it safe?! Not sure if we will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Before you read this, know that it takes a lot to get me upset. I am a happy person who always tries to find humor in things. Trust me, there was no humor here.
We chose to stay here because I was in a wedding in Deer Park and this hotel and Quality Inn(same chain) were the closest. Please realize that I was not expecting the Hilton for the price I paid for this hotel. Just someplace to sleep after all the wedding festivities.
Day1~ Check in: Got our keys, they didn't work, no biggie, I walked back to get it fixed... ok, maybe not. Third time was the charm. Got in, went to open the bathroom door and it fell off, yes fell off. Laughing I head back up to the desk and they switch our room. As we unpack we notice the room is needing a makeover. Wallpaper peeling off, water leaking through the window, old bedding. But they did have a new TV :) After the rehersal dinner we decide to go to the hot tub, ummmmm nevermind, it was green. I went to take a shower before bed and the shower knob came off. So... I trek up to the front desk and they offer to move us again or he can try and fix it. I didn't want to move again so I said lets try and fix it. I think his name was Kyle, but he was awesome. Super nice and he was able to fix it.
Day 2~ As I was getting ready to leave in the morning, I look down to find little tiny ants all over the bathroom counter. I can do a lot of things, but bugs in a hotel freak me out. I had to leave, as I was in the wedding, but asked my husband to try and take care of it. So, a man, with no id, knocked on our door with a can of bug spray and said he was here to spray for bugs and that they usually come in through the AC unit. NICE! This is a known problem. My husband said no thank you as he was getting ready to leave, and we didn't want to smell bug spray. We couldn't switch hotels because one of our friends had her room key on her and we couldn't pack her stuff up. We got back so late we just basically just packed up and left.
Day3~ The lady at the front desk(no name tag) had to be the rudest person I have ever met. I was so nice and just asked if any compensation could be made for what we went through. She said no that we could have switched rooms. I asked what the point would be since they were all the same. I also mentioned, maybe a little snotty, that they needed a renovation in the near future. Her response was " it is newly renovated" I couldn't help but crack up laughing.
I did call the manager the next day and after hounding him everyday for a couple of weeks, we did get one night refunded. Please, please don't stay here! Go to the Quality Inn just down the street and pay $10 more. They ARE newly renovated, and I heard it was very nice. :)

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank HAPEEMOM

I would like to apologize for the condition of your room and the problems with your stay.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

It looks like a decent hotel at reasonable price. However, the room I stayed wasn't maintained great. it may be because it is a pretty old hotel. I recommend some newer hotels even though you pay a little bit more.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family