“Missing some needed comforts”

Ramada North Spokane
Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We checked in for 2 days in June ( hot days ) only to find no fridge or microwave in the room. Apparently none of the rooms have them. We were not told this on check in and I thought all hotel rooms included them. It is a dated hotel and have since stayed in the Quality Inn just up the street which offers for $10 more a better value.

Room Tip: When in doubt ask questions.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura A, General Manager at Ramada North Spokane, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Last room available in the entire city. The clerk that helped me with the booking was great. She was very friendly, I caught her at the end of her night shift. Still in a great mood. When we checked in the staff was helpful and courteous. Even suggested a great place to eat. Our hotel room was ok. Comfy bed, whirlpool tub, ok. Checking out the tub closer we found tons of paint splatter from when they redid the walls. Also found in the bathroom. The place is not new, it does show some wear. I think what bugged me the most was the fact that there was a huge crack in the floor (we were on the first level) and part of the room slooped down hill. When we checked out the clerk was not polite about it and wrote it off to their foundation issues. DUHHH Is it safe?! Not sure if we will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Before you read this, know that it takes a lot to get me upset. I am a happy person who always tries to find humor in things. Trust me, there was no humor here.
We chose to stay here because I was in a wedding in Deer Park and this hotel and Quality Inn(same chain) were the closest. Please realize that I was not expecting the Hilton for the price I paid for this hotel. Just someplace to sleep after all the wedding festivities.
Day1~ Check in: Got our keys, they didn't work, no biggie, I walked back to get it fixed... ok, maybe not. Third time was the charm. Got in, went to open the bathroom door and it fell off, yes fell off. Laughing I head back up to the desk and they switch our room. As we unpack we notice the room is needing a makeover. Wallpaper peeling off, water leaking through the window, old bedding. But they did have a new TV :) After the rehersal dinner we decide to go to the hot tub, ummmmm nevermind, it was green. I went to take a shower before bed and the shower knob came off. So... I trek up to the front desk and they offer to move us again or he can try and fix it. I didn't want to move again so I said lets try and fix it. I think his name was Kyle, but he was awesome. Super nice and he was able to fix it.
Day 2~ As I was getting ready to leave in the morning, I look down to find little tiny ants all over the bathroom counter. I can do a lot of things, but bugs in a hotel freak me out. I had to leave, as I was in the wedding, but asked my husband to try and take care of it. So, a man, with no id, knocked on our door with a can of bug spray and said he was here to spray for bugs and that they usually come in through the AC unit. NICE! This is a known problem. My husband said no thank you as he was getting ready to leave, and we didn't want to smell bug spray. We couldn't switch hotels because one of our friends had her room key on her and we couldn't pack her stuff up. We got back so late we just basically just packed up and left.
Day3~ The lady at the front desk(no name tag) had to be the rudest person I have ever met. I was so nice and just asked if any compensation could be made for what we went through. She said no that we could have switched rooms. I asked what the point would be since they were all the same. I also mentioned, maybe a little snotty, that they needed a renovation in the near future. Her response was " it is newly renovated" I couldn't help but crack up laughing.
I did call the manager the next day and after hounding him everyday for a couple of weeks, we did get one night refunded. Please, please don't stay here! Go to the Quality Inn just down the street and pay $10 more. They ARE newly renovated, and I heard it was very nice. :)

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank HAPEEMOM

I would like to apologize for the condition of your room and the problems with your stay.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

It looks like a decent hotel at reasonable price. However, the room I stayed wasn't maintained great. it may be because it is a pretty old hotel. I recommend some newer hotels even though you pay a little bit more.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SeattleSwim

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Although our room was okay for the price, there were other issues. We were there to attend the State Basketball Tournament and shop for my daughters wedding. On Sat. we purchased a dress with all the extras from head to toe. We had the back end loaded with wedding stuff, as well as bags from other places. The clerk told us to park in back as it was closer to our room, so we did. The next morning we got a call stating our car had been broken into. Someone had broken out the window and stolen the wedding stuff but left the other bags. There were cameras attached to the hotel where we were parked but when we inquired about them we were told they didn't have cameras that worked in that area. We called glass repair places and found that no one could fix the car until Monday. We asked the hotel if they could give us a complementary night as we were going to have to stay to get car fixed. They informed us that they would give us the hospital rate but absolutely not a free night as our loss was not their responsibility. Needless to say, we went to another motel. Curious as to what they would have lost by giving us a free nilght and getting a positive recommendation to others. I would not recommend this motel for that reason plus why take the chance of someone breaking into your car even if it's empty? (my daughter is still devastated about the loss of her special dress)

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank hersheypeanut

I am so sorry to hear about the issues with your stay.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stay here several times a year when my work schedule makes driving home(25miles)and back in 8 hours difficult. Staff is great, makes sure the room is warm when I arrive after midnight in cold weather. Good breakfast in a.m. It is older, but serves my needs, They appear busy most of the time.

Room Tip: some rooms have kitchenettes
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed February 10, 2012

It's an older hotel but has an exceptional staff that had gone the extra mile more then once.

While some hotels such as http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g58820-d110951-Reviews-Comfort_Inn_Downtown_Wenatchee-Wenatchee_Washington.html have a backdoor policy on pets, this front office was direct and wanted to know if they could help anyway they could.

I can't see myself in this price range staying anywhere else during my visits to Spokane, Thanks Staff

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Laura A, General Manager at Ramada North Spokane, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017