“NASTY, FILTHY, DISGUSTING!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 45 Hotels in Spokane
Umatilla, Oregon
“NASTY, FILTHY, DISGUSTING!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Room 106. There were several holes in the blanket, the bedspread was stained--I doubt it had ever been washed, it stunk. There was white "stuff" which had run down the curtains and dried on them. There was dark spittle stains on the wall behind the sink. I can't believe that any health inspector would deem this room as acceptable. I am not one to complain or leave bad reviews even if I have a bad experience but this one is worth getting the word out for public health reasons.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank stacey m

Putnam, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We visited this place a few years ago, and it looks like they have done some painting and other touch-ups since then.

Room was bigger than we had previously, with a little sofa and coffee table. The room was clean and comfortable, although some of the furniture was rather worn. Shower was good, wi-fi worked perfectly, TV was good-sized with 60-plus channels. Desk clerk could use a little more enthusiasm.

The hotel is in a strange part of town -- sort of industrial, with a tractor-trailer dealer across the street and not much in the way of restaurants. We used Choice points for a free night, but I assume the rate is under $60 -- if so, it's a good deal for a quick one-nighter.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank RoadTripRoger
Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed here one night, won't return. Had a rollaway bed specified in our reservation, it was not in the room, and none were available. Room was in pretty poor condition, holes in furniture, nasty sheets, etc. Guy at the front desk late on a saturday night was very friendly and tried to be helpful locating an extra bed. Not the best nieghborhood either- some odd folks just hanging out in the parking lot at 11:30 on a saturday night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank HammerheadMontana
Chilliwack
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Being a frugal traveler, I chose the Rodeway Inn for my accommodations as part of a weekend that included attending a USC Trojans – Washington State Cougars game in Pullman. The official hotel for the group I was with was the elaborately-posh Davenport Hotel across the street, but the Rodeway Inn fit my budget. The premises were clean and the staff was friendly. I enjoyed the location as I was able to explore the downtown area of Spokane easily. The Rodeway Inn fit my needs perfectly. The only concern I would share was the high cost of the taxi ride to and from the airport, no way a reflection of the hotel. I would recommend doing some research for a more cost-effective means of being taxied to the airport.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here for one night while passing through Washington. It's located right off the highway, but the part of town it's in is kind of strange. The area looks very industrial and kind of desolate. I didn't see any other hotels in the area which was kind of strange. The hotel is divided up into two separate buildings, and kind of looks like old budget apartments. Our room was in the second building (the one without the lobby), right next to the ice machine on the second floor. The first thing I noticed was that there wasn't a security lock on our door. Half of what looked like a lock was attached to the doorframe, but the rest of it was missing. Had I been staying in the room alone, I would have been a bit nervous about this. The room itself had kind of a strange layout. It was small, and laid out so that the bed was facing the window instead of next to it. The room was stuffy and smelled like old smoke. I got the feeling someone was trying to replace a few things here and there (carpet and flooring and bathroom looked new) and pass this place off as being nicer than it is. The room was mostly clean, although someone had dumped some sort of brown liquid all over the air conditioner that had never been cleaned up. When we pulled back the (thread bare) sheets, we saw hat the mattress pad was way too small for the bed. This was disconcerting considering how grungy the sides of the mattress looked. At least the sheets looked clean and smelled bleachy. Almost too bleachy, honestly. Towels were the same way. All in all, this is probably somewhere basic you could stay if you had to, but I would just plan on budgeting some extra money for Spokane and staying somewhere else. A lot of people called this place a good value, but I didn't think we got nearly what we paid for. Especially considering that this place is five exits down the highway from downtown and isn't near anything other than a Flying J.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Rooms are a good size. Very clean and property is "fresh" and well maintained. I particularly noticed the friendliness of the owner Terry and his wife and particularly the friendly interaction of guests who regularly stay at this property. Both aspects speak well of this Rodeway.

Additionally, they had difficulty inputting my Choice Reward card. The person that I spoke to at Choice hotels told me that my stay didn't qualify because I had not booked thru the Choice website and was not a premium member (altho' I have been a member for quite a few years). Even though I said it really didn't matter to me, Terry took it upon himself to make the calls and reassure me that he had taken care of this issue.

I will happily stay here again when passing through Spokane.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Trail, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I wanted a place close to the Ballpark. It was easy to get to although not in the nicest part of town. The check in was quick and easy, the room was clean and I didn't hear any noise. During the night, I opened the window and soon heard a train; after I closed the window, I couldn't hear the train again. The breakfast wasn't much. There is a Flying J truck stop a block away if you need a quick meal.
I was offered an upgrade to a king sized bed for $4.00 but passed on the offer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo