“Surprisingly luxurious--amazing value!”
Review of Seaquest Motel

Seaquest Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Bend
Reviewed May 30, 2010

We stopped over here on our way south on 101, just for somewhere to sleep. From the outside, the Seaquest looks like you would expect a motel in South Bend, WA to look like, and the rates are in line with that. The rooms, though, are borrowed from a MUCH more expensive hotel––nice linens and bedclothes, full kitchens, flat-screen tv, cushy leather recliner, DSL and wifi, a porch with furniture and a view, tray ceilings?! It really is an incredible value. The remodel was just finished this winter, so if other reviews are slightly different, that's why. The owners are friendly and helpful, and actually offered to let us look in any vacant rooms they had to choose another if we liked!
The only drawback we could see is that (as yet), there are no drapes on the windows, just blinds, and they do let in some light at night. Still, we enjoyed our stay and wished we were staying longer.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 4, 2010

I stayed here twice for business. The setting is on the hill just below the beautiful Pacific County courthouse. Go up and take a look around the courthouse while you're in the area, it's a lovely old building.

Rooms have been recently renovated and were very pleasant, nicely decorated. They are all laid out a little differently. They all have reasonably well-equipped full kitchens, which is a nice feature. There is a decent grocery store within walking distance. It's not a luxury property, but it's very comfy and has all the amenities I expected - cable, wi-fi, and even a little rubber duck for the bath. :-)

Staff is friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2010

This hotel is very clean and has newly renovated rooms. It has everything you need for a stay with family or for a business traveler. The full kitchen was a plus and also very clean. The beds and linens were crisp, clean, and comfortable and the hotel is in a safe location. The hotel owners go above and beyond with their services and knowledge of the area. They are always going out of their way to help which was a nice change from the hotel chain mentality. We were pleasantly surprised to find such a nice place in such a small town! We will be back again on our next business trip to Washington.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank BusyTraveler13
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and will continue to do so when I need to travel to Raymond/South Bend. The rooms are clean and cozy with a full kitchen (normal size fridge, big sink and counter, microwave, normal size stove, coffee maker, all dishes/pots/pans/utensils). It is on the hillside just below the historic Pacific County courthouse. My room had a living room area with a sofa and a coffee table, with the bedroom separate. There are DVD players in each room, and the owners have a box full of DVDs that they will loan out to guests. Hair dryers and ironing boards are not in every room but can be obtained from the staff. The internet would not work in my room for some reason, but a computer and printer are available for use in the motel's office. I felt welcome and safe here.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank hasquishy
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Excellent motel with terrific service and clean, attractive rooms. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Brookingham
Reviewed September 17, 2009

I stumbled upon this motel a month ago when I was just passing through and returned a week ago to share it with my husband. It's warm and cozy with lots of hanging baskets and private porches. The rooms are immaculate - I've never seen such a spotless, odorless refrigerator! It's a wee bit run down but the owners are busy upgrading and it's very comfortable. After my first spur of the moment stay, the owner shared the area's history with me and showed a picture of the then hotel in its heyday. And when I mentioned I wanted to come back with my husband he showed me several units, all unique. I chose #15 for our return - over the office with a generous private fenced deck overlooking the water. The deck is accessed through the bathroom, which is a little strange but typical of the quirkiness of this place. It's a convenient location to be a tourist for Long Beach and the Cranberry Coast and I'm sure we'll be back again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank faunadoc
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We traveled to the Seaquest Motel with our two young children and had a wonderful stay. The room was beautiful, clean and well maintained. The owners were great, and really seem to care about their business. We will stay again and will recommend to friends and family traveling to the area.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenbeth

Been to Seaquest Motel? Share your experiences!