All reviewscounty courthousesmall apartmentcomfortable linensgreat towelschairs and a tablefridge freezerbed suiteseparate kitchenbeautiful pacificmotorcycle tripcable tvplace to stayliving areapots and panspartial viewstayed for one nightseacrest
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed one night here on a whim. The motel from the outside looks like about any Highway 101 motel except with a decent coat of paint on it. Inside, the rooms are definitely upscale compared with other Highway 101 motels. It is also pricey for a pretty out of the way 101 motel -- $108 for a double room with kitchen appliances we didn't need (and all in the same space as the beds). For $130 you can have a beachfront condo in Moclips, another out of the way place, but one that lacks the highway noise.

I didn't get to meet the owners of Seaquest, but the employee I met was very friendly and accommodating. She was definitely the best part of staying there.

The main reason I give only 3 stars is because of the proximity to Highway 101. For me, it was noisy and being slightly up the hill from the highway only amplified the noise. And because there is no air conditioning, the choice for me was to not sleep because of the heat or because of the highway. This would be a good winter time accommodation. In summer, I definitely wouldn't recommend staying there if you're sensitive to the noise. They did a super duper (some might say overkill) remodel. Why not add air conditioning? I know it's a cool region, but the proximity to the highway makes it an obvious thing to do.

The other reason for 3 stars is while Willapa Bay is right there, I didn't see a whole lot to do. You can walk along the river and maybe visit the little museums. However, you either have to drive to Long Beach or Westport for proximity to the most fun. And if you have to go to one of those other places, then why not stay there instead?

If you have reason to be in South Bend, if you don't mind highway noise, and if you don't mind paying a little extra for remodeled accommodations that might be just a little bit overdone for a tiny 101 motel, this is a pretty good place.

Room Tip: If you have issues with highway noise, try and get a room on the East side.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Teresa A
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Very cute rooms situated so that no one shares a wall, so very quiet. There's a hallway I between the rooms so that a large family could stay here and visit easily. Friendly staff/owner at the desk and very clean! The little kitchen was perfect and front deck with comfy chairs made for a good coffee experience in the morning. Thanks! Will plan to stay again sometime.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We had a very spacious and extreamly clean and organized suite. Room 20 is on the end and has a great little view. The service was fantastic. The bed was very comfortable. We are a couple that spends alot of time in hotels and we normaly bring our own pillows. On this trip we was on our Harley with no room for pillows, didn't need them...Very good price. I highly recommend and will be back..

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

The Seaquest Motel felt like home away from home. The staff made me feel very welcomed and appreciated. The rooms were exceptionally clean. Room 20 has a full kitchen and separate sleeping room. Excellent price for all it included. I'll definitely be back!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2014

A wonderful surprise. A truly adorable motel, locally run with spotless, well designed rooms that feel more like an apartment than a hotel. I have done a lot of traveling and stayed in many a hotel, and this is one of my favorites. The people who run the place are so kind, and will get you anything you need or forgot. It is a perfect weekend getaway from Seattle! Highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: They are all really nice and they even have suites, so if you are traveling as a family ask the reception about the suite options. It will save money, but it is also fun to have everyone staying together.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family