“Cod, it was good.”

East Point Fish & Chips
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in South Bend
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This place is in a trailer in the parking lot of the East Point Fish company as you come into South Bend from the northeast. It's only open for lunch. It was recommended to my wife as THE best fish and chips ever. High praise, so we stopped for lunch.

I'll say right up front that cornmeal breading isn't my cup of tea. However, the fish was fresh (cooked to order), and so were the fries (ditto). The fish (cod) was perfectly cooked and not at all oily. The cornmeal breading stuck to the fish and gave a real nice crispness to it. The fries were also perfectly done. These fries were the small (almost shoestring) style, and were don to perfection. Not too crisp, not too soggy. Just right.

The tartar sauce was good. Not outstanding, but good. And there was just enough of it to last until the last bite of fish was consumed. Which happened fairly quickly. My wife thought the meal lived up to the hype, and once I wrapped my brain around the cornmeal breading, I thought it was really good as well.

Highly recommended.