“Amazing resurce for corporate events and services”

The Dining Room at Salish Lodge & Spa
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dining Room at Salish Lodge & Spa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Snoqualmie
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Railroad Ave
Description: It's hard to imagine a more stunning location for a memorable meal. With outstanding views of the Falls and Snoqualmie River, The Dining Room at Salish Lodge & Spa provides a first-of-the-season experience. Our menu features Northwest cuisine with flavors that sing the virtues of local and homegrown, using the best ingredients and refined cooking techniques. We pay attention to the seasoning and the plating. Everything you're going to see and taste that will provide that anticipated Salish experience. Come in for our Salish Lodge Country Breakfast, a lodge tradition featuring a four-course breakfast, including our famous steel-cut oats and the iconic Honey from Heaven service wherehoney from our hives is poured from high above your plate onto your buttery house-made biscuits. Or bring friends in for brunch and enjoy a relaxing meal by the fire. Of course, The Dining Room is most magical at dinnertime, and just what you would expect in the finest luxury resort in Washington. Select from an extraordinary line-up of creations using first-of-the-season locally sourced ingredients for an unforgettable meal. We also have an extensive wine list (including our own private label still and sparkling wines), and an outstanding selection of local artisan cheeses. Join us and create your own wonderful memories with family and friends. Reservations strongly recommended.
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I am writing to recommend the Salish as a great venue for corporate events, retreats and meetings. I own a Pacific NW brand marketing firm and have used the Salish for many team meals, company retreats and social events. The food is amazing, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and the Lodge went above and beyond to help us plug into everything that the local community had to offer for group activities. Even better, the service and quality as that good every time we go, and the falls and surrounding community are absolutely exceptional.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

We had a scrumptious breakfast here with a private table overlooking the Falls. The food was tasty though not imaginative in presentation. Coffee is very good and there is fresh squeezed juice available. Service was first rate. Only concern is the cost -- at the price I would have expected more innovation. Nonetheless it's worth the trip for the view, ambience and service.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

I have lived in Snoqualmie for years and we've tried the Lodge for special dinners off and on through out the years and in general, have been disappointed by the overpriced, froo froo menu that failed to deliver great taste. The atmosphere is so wonderful and the service is always so good we keep trying every couple years in hopes of something changing. The Salish has been bought out by new owners a few years ago and we hadn't visited since. My Mom was in town and always likes visiting the Falls, so I thought I'd treat here to lunch at the Salish. Well, wee scored. First. we got the best table I've ever had - right by the window overlooking the falls. Was a real treat...and I've had our wedding Anniversary there and even on request never got a table that good. We just really lucked out. Was a Wed afternoon about 1pm so just lucky. The lunch menu had changed as well..adding nice selection of sandwiches and salads. We couldnt decide so Mom had the reuben and I had the pulled pork and we split them. The pulled pork was incredible, the reuben was good but not the best in Seattle (or even Snoqualmie Valley) but definitely good. It was short on sauerkraut but nice and cheesy. The pulled pork was perfect in every way.

Wait staff was perfect, I asked for a sample of the local IPA (I'm not fond of it, but wanted to test one of their new concoctions) and despite the fact that I knew she had to run upstairs to the bar to get it, she did so with a smile and brought a good size sample. Prices at lunch were a pleasant surprise as well...only about $15 for the sandwiches with either salad or fries. Salad was fresh and dressing was homemade and good (ceasar). Didn't try the fries, but mom said they were good. They looked to be home style, fresh cut.

I'd definitley recommend the Salish for lunch. It can be a destination lunch or if you're local, a nice change of pace with a great a view. Treat yourself. The new owners have done a good job on the lunch menu and value. I will be back with my husband who likes pulled pork. Also - don't let yourself be intimidated about the prestige of the Salish. Many folks use the Lodge as a staging point for local adventures and daytime dress code is non-existent. I'm not even sure if there is one at night.

Reviewed October 24, 2010

Tried this place for Seattle Restaurant week tonight - good stuff! We showed up around 7 with no reservation because the earlier we could get a reservation online would have been 9pm or something crazy. They sat us in about 10 minutes, so not too bad! Started out with some warm rolls and butter with gray salt sprinkled on top. Perused the FIFTY PAGE WINE MENU (what?!?) and decided on one of the $30 bottles of Restaurant Week special wines. Nice selection there too, which is great.

My meal started with "hand harvested greens" with feta and toasted pumpkin seeds and a shallot vinaigrette - good salad! Not too heavily dressed, good quality cheese, and nice crunchy little pumpkin seeds. Very nice starter salad. My husband got the shrimp scampi which came with VERY TART pickled onions - I loved them, but watch out, they are sour! Also, little toasts for the scampi sauce - he was very happy with his food.

Entree was a medium-rare beef sirloin with okay mashed potatoes, a small amount of carrot and cabbage slaw on top, and carmelized onions. There was some balsamic reduction on the edge of the plate which was a nice touch. The steak was cooked perfectly but the knife they give you isn't super sharp do it leaves you with a less-than-perfect impression of the steak. I think a super-sharp knife is very important when you're eating a steak. Sawing through it is just a chore..

Dessert was good - apple sundae. I was imagining a glass ful of ice cream with layers of apple and ice cream and nuts. What I got was definitely not that, and not as apple-y as I would have liked, but it WAS good! 3 small scoops of good vanilla ice cream with an apple caramel sauce on top, and toasted pecans. If you go for restaurant week and they have the s'more cheesecake, GET IT! My husband got it and the bites I tasted were soooooo delicious. Someone else with us got the cheese plate and their cheese were wonderful, though the waiter described the maytag blue as "local". Uh ... no?

Their menus for breakfast, lunch, and regular dinner look great so I will definitely be back!

Reviewed October 3, 2010

We had our wedding rehearsal dinner here years ago and it was lovely. This time we booked for dinner with our family of 6 and were really disappointed by the over the top snobby service and just "off" atmosphere. The food is overly fussed over and strange timing ruins the experience. They gave us bread ( very nice variety and quality) repeatedly, added complimentary soup when we had been waiting for our mains for an hour (had they forgotten our order) and the server explained the dishes for much too long, interrupting conversations and making a big production as if we were eating French Laundry caliber food (and French Laundry would never have such clumsy service). It's too bad because the Lodge is a beautiful place and could be a good destination restaurant.