“Average bar food”

Cuisines: Irish
Snoqualmie
“Average bar food”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Beautiful bar. The hardwoods are amazing and I'm told the owner did the work himself. They have a really good reuben and the menu has good variety but most of it isn't anything unique or especially good. I'd rate this as typical bar food, with a nice atmosphere in a town that doesn't have anything else similar. This and the location make this a generally hopping, a lot of time standing room only, dinner option. Even though they've expanded into the next bay, it's frustrating to have to wait around for a table in a place that doesn't manage a queue/wait list. We've stopped trying to get in for this reason.

Visited March 2012

Redmond, WA
“Cozy Little Bar”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I've been coming here once in a while since they opened and I love the place. If I wasn't on a diet, I'd be here a lot more often. The place used to be tiny when they just opened, though they expanded to be twice that size now and added a couple of pool tables and a couple of dart boards. (Unfortunately, dart boards are now blocked by a table, so you can't really play darts).

Anyway, somehow this little bar manages to be both a classy joint and a cozy neighborhood bar at the same time. It's definitely not a dive bar, it's very clean and well maintained, with nice furniture and even individual TVs in each booth. At the same time, it's not too big or too crowded, and people in there aren't stuck up.

I always got decent service in there, nothing to rave about but reasonably polite and attentive. Someone said "you need to know the staff to get good service", but I don't feel like it's true.
The food selection isn't the largest, but it's a grade above your average bar choices. You do get a few Irish dishes in addition to the obligatory chicken wings, fries, etc.

They feature live music every once in a while. The last time we were there a band called "Voodoos" played, and they were actually really really good.

I wish they added a couple of "healthy" dishes (low cal/high proteit, like salmon with some veggies), but I don't think it's likely to happen. I also wish they got some electronic dart board games with plastic tipped darts, but I doubt that would happen either since they don't have that much space. Regardless, this is my first choice if I want to go out for a bite to eat and want some good amiance, decent service, and good food.

• Visited August 2012