“Total comfort at the Salish Lodge” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Salish Lodge & Spa

Salish Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Snoqualmie
Tacoma, Washington
“Total comfort at the Salish Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2007

We live an hour away from Snoqualmie Falls and wanted to have a nice getaway from the kids. One of my most disliked things about traveling is when the bedding seems dirty or greasy from past use and not enough washings. EVERYTHING in our room was pristine and the bed was more comfortable than ours at home (and we have a very good bed!). The "pillow menu" is also a lovely extravagance. We both had facials (which were so-so) and hot stone massages (which were blissful). We spent an hour or so in the sauna and steam rooms and that also was clean, quiet, peaceful - all the things we needed a weekend away from home for. Breakfast was to die for (shaved dark and white chocolate to add to your coffee), mmmmmmm. Upon leaving, the valet chased us down to let us know one of our tires was running low and got a portable air pump to inflate it enough to get to the local tire shop. If you want to save a little money, there are great restaurants in town that offer good, affordable food.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kary W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Bellevue, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2007

We stayed there last week for our anniversary. We live close by and thought it was a great place to go to get away from the kids. The facilities are pretty nice. The rooms were clean and they had some nice accommodations (soaking Jacuzzi tub, balcony view of the waterfall). The staff was friendly but I did not get the feel that this was a 4 or 5 star hotel. Because it was our anniversary (and I advised them of it at the time of the reservation) I thought we might have someone say something or leave something special in our room...nothing. I thought maybe it was just their policy until at dinner the couple at the table next to us got a special desert because it was their anniversary.

We ate dinner there and the food was pretty good. Some of the negatives were that the menu was very limited and extremely over-priced. Again the food was good, but just not worth the money they charge for it.

Overall it was nice but that is about how far I will go. Considering what they charge for the room, I was expecting a lot more with the service and the room itself. I think they "could" be a 5 star hotel if they put a little effort and money into, but they have a ways to go.

• Liked — Scenary
  • Disliked — Price, ho-hum staff.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ctucker33
seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2007

For the location and the idea of a romatic hotel next to the waterfall and spa is grand. The entrance to the hotel is excellent, the valet parking is not great, (too close for comfort) no self-parking. The rooms are small and old but nice tub and spa treatments. Each room is provided with firewood and you are able to build one anytime. They have tea and cofee time at 4pm and in the morning in the library. A very small gym.

An outlet mall about 5 minutes in a town called Northbend.

If you can get the relax package for a good rate, then it's worth it. It includes 2 spa treament, a hotel night and 2 country breakfast (which we never could finish, famous for their pancakes and oatmeal).

Overall, it's nice and cozy but only a great rate of 400 dollar or less for the package.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank chewi91
Hollywood Native
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2007

My husband and I booked a night here in the middle of a two-week driving tour of the Pacific Northwest. Mind you, our night at the Salish cost more than the rest of the entire trip (we mostly camped and stayed at a couple of B&B's), but it was entirely worth it! Wonderful experience in every way! Lovely lodge styling, gorgeous falls/scenery, amazing food - we enjoyed the prix-fixe dinner with wines, room service for breakfast, and lunch in the Attic - plus we treated ourselves to hot rock massages...incredible!! Hiked to the falls, spent time exploring the areas where Northern Exposure and Twin Peaks were filmed. Gorgeous, comfortable room and bed, immaculately clean. Wood-burning fireplace and candles. This was definitely a splurge (our room was about $400 for a weeknight in August), especially with the lavish dinner and spa treatments, but the memories are worth every penny!

• Liked — Spa, food, location, service
  • Disliked — Price...but you get what you pay for!
  • Stayed August 2003, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ferideah
Long Island N Y
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2007

I have wanted to eat at Salish Lodge for over 40 years since I wasnt able to go with my family in the 1960's. When we were planning a trip to Seattle it was on the top of my "to do" list. The joke was that a family friend wanted to take my family there-when asked why, he joked "just for the halibut," as that was a featured dish at the restaurant. My husband and I ate lunch at the Attic right over Snoqualamie Falls. The food was excellent and presented beautifully...we had to take pictures of the cheese plate! I had clams and my husband had roast beef and it was all delicious. The waitstaff was very courteous and professional. What an absolute treat!

Stayed January 2007
2 Thank YujiOda
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2006

My wife and I went to Salish this past Thanksgiving weekend for a 3-day, 2-night stay. It was absolutely great. We are experienced hotel customers - both of us travel regularly for business and have stayed in high-end hotels (e.g. W, Westin, Four Seasons, etc) in major cities both across the US and in other countries. I can say in all seriousness that the Salish experience was among the best I've ever had. My wife actually told me that this was the "best weekend of the year" so far for her.

What was good? The rooms were very well-appointed, with plush bedding and a nice jacuzzi tub. We got a fresh stock of firewood in our room each night to keep a roaring fire going. The staff - starting from the valets, to the front desk, to the restaurant wait staff, to housekeeping - were all very polite and friendly. The food at the restaurants - we had 3 different meals in their facilities - were tasty.

Some might complain that the experience is overpriced, but I didn't think so. The entire weekend cost basically the same as if we stayed at a downtown Westin in a major city, and ate at a few nice restaurants. It's obviously more expensive than staying at home, but it's very comparable to any kind of nice vacation getaway. And in terms of quality, if you're looking for a luxurious couple of days that's a short drive from the city, but feels like a real retreat, Salish Lodge delivers.

• Liked — "Tucked away" feel
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
8 Thank SeattlePete
portland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2006

This overpriced place has cold rooms and even colder service. The mandatory valet parking put a 2 foot long scratch in my car and management wouldn't pay for it. They referred me to their insurance agent who told me I was out of luck because no one could prove it happened in their lot. Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it happened there when a) it wasn't there before I arrived, and b) they park your cars about 8 inches away from other cars. I would never advise anyone to stay here. What a joke. The food is terrible and as over-priced as the rooms are also.

• Liked — I liked how the hotel looked in my rear view mirror as I was leaving.
  • Disliked — The staff and manager.
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not stay here if you can avoid it.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank crumby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snoqualmie
Inn at the Market
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,959 reviews
Hotel 1000
#10 of 100 in Seattle
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,935 reviews

Been to Salish Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!