“Didn't live up to my expectations but beautiful setting”
Review of Salish Lodge & Spa

Salish Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Snoqualmie
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Just returned from our really expensive overnight getaway. Our friends had come before and raved about their experience and convinced us to come with them and do a couples getaway….The website looked great and despite the priciness of it all, we splurged….I now regret spending that much for the experience we had.

First of all, the steam room in the spa was out of service, that was pretty disappointing. Second, we had asked for a table with a view when we booked our dinner (over a month in advance) and we did not get a nice table. We were looking forward to dinner in the restaurant. The restaurant was out of three of the items we tried to order. Also, the service was not on par with a fine dining restaurant, it was slow, inattentive and it wasn't our server's fault that the kitchen was out of so much, but that was really disappointing as well.

After our dinner, we tried to hang out in the library and have a drink and the cleaning staff started vacuuming..yes it was late, but not too late..it was a Saturday night.

On the plusses, the rooms are nice, beds are super comfortable, real fireplaces in the room, the jacuzzi tubs are awesome, and the setting is beyond compare--especially if you watched Twin Peaks.

I think it was a staffing issue and would probably give it another try if I lived in the area, but I wouldn't make the trek down again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank woolloomoolo
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will begin to investigate the shortfalls associated with the service, and work to take action to remediate them in the future. I know this does not change the experience you have had, but we will work diligently to improve our services for future guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I was in the Seattle area for the holidays with my partner and decided to spend a night at the Salish lodge to give him a very Pacific Northwest experience. Unfortunately we had a sort of mixed experience.

The pros:
(+) We paid for a view room and I think it is well worth it. You literally step outside and you are standing above the water fall (see one of the pictures attached). It was gorgeous and I highly recommended paying the upcharge for one of those rooms.
(+) The room is very charming. I loved the bed, the big jacuzzi tub, and the fireplace. Unlike some of the other reviewers our room was perfectly toasty.
(+) We had drinks in the Attic (their bar) and they were both fantastic. Check out the Salish Honey Bee (or any of their drinks with the honey from their local hives). My partner had the Honey Ale and enjoyed it so much he bought two bottles to take with him.
(+) Dinner - The wine menu at the restaurant is fantastic. The food menu was also very good and I was very happy they had a gluten free menu. Execution was great and overall I was happy with my dinner.

Most of the cons have to do with the underwhelming service. I subscribe to the theory that you get what you pay for and I have different expectations for a $200 meal than I do for a $50 meal. Many of my critiques of the Salish Lodge service is that they are charging a premium price and offering average or (in some cases) below average service. If our overall bill had been about 30% less I might not have even noted this critiques - but they do...so I will.

(-) The rooms (in particular the bathroom) could use a refresh. They seemed a bit outdated.
(-) We made dinner reservations for 7:30pm. We realized that we were hungry earlier so called to see if we could move our reservation to 7pm. We were informed they were sold out and this was not possible. Not a big deal...but then we arrived at 7:30 and had to wait. And then when we got into the restaurant it was less than half full. We had a fantastic seat so I will assume the small wait was so they could give us that seat - I still do not understand not accommodating the earlier dinner reservation.
(-) The next morning when we arrived for breakfast, we were asked if we made a reservation. We were thrown off we needed to make a breakfast reservation as well...and were told it would be a 15 minute wait. When we were seated, there were about four other people in the restaurant. We were confused once again at the wait.
(-) I think the breakfast prices are a bit ridiculous. Most of the plates were $20+ and the fact they have a split plate charge of $5 for their regular meal and $20 on their $37 meal is in poor form. Once again, if you are charging premium prices - if I want to split my plate that should be an easy request to accommodate that you do not nickle and dime me for. I have a gluten allergy so could only have one or two of their plates which probably speaks to why I was underwhelmed....but my partner was underwhelmed as well (and he can eat anything).
(-) They offer a one page pillow menu in the rooms that I was very excited about. After dinner, we called and ordered a lavender pillow and a body pillow and was promised it would "be right up". After waiting 45 minutes I called back and the front desk lady apologized profusely, explained there was an emergency and that they would bring the pillow immediately. We had been ready to go to sleep for about a half hour at this point, but agreed to wait. After another 15 minutes I called and requested her to cancel the order and to radio the person bringing them so they didnt wake us up in a half hour by bringing the pillows 90 minutes after we ordered them. When we left our room in the morning we saw the pillows thrown on the floor outside our room.

We enjoyed our time at the Salish Lodge, but it wasn't an exceptional enough experience to make me in any rush to go back. Many of my friends have asked about it and I tell them - check it out, but not for more than a night or two, go when you can find a special deal, and have low expectations.

Room Tip: I think the view rooms of the waterfall are well worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Venken18

Thank you first and foremost for your lengthy feedback. This is very helpful to us in our consistent efforts to improve our service and product. We will immediately begin to investigate and work to remediate the challenges that you experienced. It is our sincere hope to see you again soon in the Lodge & for an experience that is memorable for all the right reasons.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed at Salish Lodge for a company retreat for two nights in early October. It's an easy 30-40 minute drive from Seattle yet you feel much further away. I enjoyed the fireplace and fall view from my large room. The decor and lighting is a bit on the dark side but recently updated and quite comfortable. Our meeting facilities were great as were our meals. Also enjoyed a very good massage at the spa. All in all, a very nice spot for a quick get away.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the falls.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank McThree

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

I cannot wait to go back for breakfast. Definately the best restaurant breakfast we've had in years. Everything was amazing. Overlooking a waterfall in a gorgeous setting was the start of a great morning. Combine that with great food and service and you can't ask for more. Make sure you get the biscuits and honey, out of this world. Don't pass up the lavendar brioche French toast either... Mouth watering.

• Stayed: November 2013
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

We are so pleased you enjoyed our Salish Country Breakfast! Thank you for sharing, and we will see you again soon for lunch & dinner!

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

We are local snoqualmie residents and this is out goto place for a big breakfast! They have a multicourse meal that doesn't disappoint. There's a pretty hefty surcharge to split, but I wouldn't even think of eating this alone, especially if you have two people: definitely split the meal! You will still have plenty of leftovers for the next day which also helps make up for the cost. Can't beat a quick visit to the falls too!

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank erichransom
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

We are so pleased you enjoyed the Salish Country Breakfast! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Staying at a variety of places while travelling in the area with my sister I thought we'd splurge one
night and stay here. It is nice but we both thought it was way overpriced! The room itself was just average in size, although the bathroom was big. As far as cleanliness I was disappointed! The floor wasn't clean and it looked like the coffee supplies had been used already. As for the staff, the valet guys were the best. They were fast and friendly...the others had their noses in the air. Everyone is different with bed comfort but we thought the beds were terrible. They are extremely soft; no support at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Diane H

Thank you for choosing the Salish Lodge & Spa on your recent visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

I had a chance to review the review that you recently completed and was concerned to hear about your experience with your guest room and our lack of attention to detail in this situation. Your comments have been discussed and our team is doing its best to prevent that problem in the future. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern.

The shortfalls are not typical, and in no way acceptable. I am on the other hand, please to hear about the tremendous valet staff!

I apologize again for the problems, and thank you for taking the time to let me know about it. Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services.
Salish Team

Reviewed December 10, 2013

My wide and I stayed at the inn on a frigid December visit. The views are spectacular, but due to the cold temperature the hiking trail was closed.

Room was very nice with fireplace and view of the falls. Staff was very attentive and friendly at both restaurants, Jordan the valet could not have been more helpful, and despite the cold, we had a great time.

Easy access to Woodinville wine area from the lodge.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Evan R
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate knowing when we have provided exceptional service, and will be sure to pass the comments along to Jordan in Valet!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Snoqualmie
Inn at the Market
Pan Pacific Seattle
#17 of 103 in Seattle
Belltown
The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel

Been to Salish Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!